Chapter 1

Please Let Me Go

2 years ago...

 

What a crappy day. Hyun Seung thought as he walked into the cafe. He glanced around the busy shop to find all the tables occupied. Great. There's not a free spot. Wait...there's one right there.

"Next!" called out the girl behind the counter.

"I'd like a hot chocolate and...a slice of that chocolate cake." he said.

Grabbing his order, he made his way to the table he spotted earlier. There was an open spot across from a young woman.

"Excuse me miss, would you mind if I sat here?" he asked politely.

The young woman looked up and smiled. "I don't mind." she said, motioning him towards the chair.

"Th-thanks" he replied. Her voice is so sweet. It's light and floaty. I feel as if I'm listening to a song when she talks.

He was studying her when she asked him with a slight smirk, "Is there something on my face?"

"N-no. There's nothing on your face." he replied quickly. Hyun Seung pull youself together! "So, what's your name?"

She raised her eyebrows at his question. "You're quite forward aren't you?" she commented. "My name is Ha Yoo Mi. I'm 17 years old. I like listening to music, reading, and watching the first snowfall. I don't have a boyfriend. I presume I've told you all you wanted to know up to this point?" she finished with amusment.

Hyun Seung blushed. "I'm Jang Hyun Seung. 18 years old." he said. "And I wasn't going to ask you all that, but thank you for sharing it with me, Yoo Mi-ssi." Finally getting over his embarassment, he continued, "And since you mentioned that you don't currently have a boyfriend, why don't we go on a date?"

 

"And since you mentioned that you don't currently have a boyfriend, why don't we go on a date?" Hyun Seung suggested.

A date...? NO! Ha Yoo Mi you promised yourself that you would NOT under ANY circumstances get close to anyone else. This heart of yours is not going to hold up much longer. "Um...sure," she replied.

She saw relief spread over his face. He wasn't that bad. Definitely not a bad guy. He hasn't tried anything at all.

"Let's go for a walk." he said, bringing her out of her thoughts. He got up offered her his hand, which she kindly accepted.

 

Her hands are so small. She feels so fragile. Hyun Seung led her outside. A rush of cold air met them as they stepped outside. Shoot. I forgot that it was cold out today. I should give her my jacket in case she gets too cold. He glanced at her and saw that she had wrapped her arms around her small frame.

She looked up at him with shock when he lightly draped his jacket around her shoulders. "Won't you be cold?" she asked.

"I can handle this kind of weather. I just don't want you to freeze." Hyun Seung replied. He couldn't help but stare at her. The sight of her captivated him. Her locks of hair hung in soft waves around her shoulders. She had warm, dark brown eyes that stood out against her milky complexion. The way her soft pink lips curved upwards when she smiled made him want to kiss her more. The sunlight made her seem otherworldly. Like an angel.

They had reached the nearby park when he noticed her breathing rapidly.

"Yoo Mi-ssi, are you ok?" he asked worriedly.

She nodded her head and motioned towards a bench. As they made their way to the bench she collapsed.

"Yoo Mi-ssi!" Hyun Seung cried.

He found out that day as the ambulance whisked her off to the hospital. Her parents said it was her birthday. As her gift, he promised he would not leave her side. Never had he felt this way for anyone; and he wasn't about to let it go.

 

---------------------------------------

Yay! First chapter is up. I was gonna start at the end and work...forwards? but decided against it. I tend to forget what I wrote in the first chapter if I do that. >< So what'd you think? I know it's not a very lengthy chapter, but I didn't want to spend that long introducing everyone. That plus I'm hungry. The last time I left something to go eat, the ideas sort of vanished. ">.>

Comment and subscribe please! ^_~

~Emylie