chapter III. storge

ABANDONMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

storge /ˈstɔːɡɪ/
natural or instinctual affection, as of a parent for a child

 

"How do you feel?"

Luhan looked at the daffodils being swept by the morning breeze.

Same routine. Day after day.

The only difference was that now he was not alone. Jongin was there with him.

"I feel nothing," Luhan admitted and it was the truth. He didn't feel anything. Not guilty nor scared, "It is what it is."

"I think we did a nice and clean job," Jongin smiled plucking a daffodil and crushing into the palm of his hand, "No one will notice. Maybe in a few days. By then the decomposition will be halfway already."

"What if they use corpse dogs?"

"Only we know that they're corpses," Jongin said, "It's not the first time students disappear like this. Last year during my second year here, a student disappeared and then another. They thought it was a serial killer targeting students of our specific class. They even called the FBI and everything. Found out some stupid dumb people were playing a prank. Drama over nothing. They did the same dumb twice and even I participated the second time."

"I've heard the story of the 'boy who cried wolf' enough times to know what you mean," Luhan said. 

"They won't want to fall for it again," Jongin said, "The difference is this time it's real."

Luhan smiled slightly, "What are we then, Jongin? Murderers?" 

"We're just humans. We do dumb, desperate to try to find love." 

"So," Luhan asked taking the crushed flower from Jongin's hand, "Who is next?" 

"The first thing a child usually feels is the love and touch of the woman who gives birth to him or her. Do you know what a mother's love means, Luhan?" 

"No," Luhan said, on the verge of tears. 

"Is there anyone you know who gives you the feeling of possessing familial love stronger than anyone else. A mother or father's love?"

Luhan thought about it for a while and then flashes of an old woman came to his mind. 

She would always come to visit the parent's day at school. It was the mother of one of his classmates. 

"Kim Junmyeon" 

 

 

**********

"I didn't know you took evening cooking classes." 

"Neither I have ever seen you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter