Chapter 1

New

Busan.  My home. Or it used to be my home. Now, it's just a place filled with bad memories. For 19 years,  I had everything I wanted. It was the perfect life. I just never imagined it would turn out this way.  I have always followed everything my parents would say. But. That all changed the instant my father left to marry another. He just left without a single letter or a word. My grandfather was so disappointed that he strip my father of all his titles and left it to me instead. Not that I was complaining. I was happy because my mother decided to sell our mansion and move to a new city. Seoul. It was the start of a new life for me. I just hope everything will get better. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahgassi. Ahgassi. Lady Soo Young. Wake up! You are going to be late on your first day of school" 

Ha Soo Young or Yves as she preferred stirred from her sleep. Her eyes slowly opening as she got up rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Her hair dishevelled as she got out of bed. 

"Wash up, young miss. You wouldn't want to be late for your first day at a new school. Your uniform has been ironed and hung in your wardrobe" Jiso, Yves's maid said. 

The middle aged lady had been with Yves's family since she was born. She constantly took care of Yves especially when Yves's parents went on business trips for months. Yves made a trip to the bathroom and washed up.  After she finished showering, she walked into her walk-in wardrobe and saw her uniform. Her uniform consisted of a white dress shirt with a red and blue ribbon. Her skirt was a black and red plaid that was customed to her liking. Apparently, her school had no restraints on the uniforms. She put on her uniform and tied her hair into a ponytail. She applied some light makeup to finish her look.

Related image Image result for black and red plaid skirt 

She rushed down the stairs and into the dining room. 

"Be careful! You are going to get hurt" Jiso chided. 

Yves smiled sheepishly as she sat at the 8 seater dining table alone. She looked out the glass window towards the Han River. Her new duplex penthouse had a panoramic view of the Han River. That was the perks of living in a penthouse. Her mother was absent as usual. It happened rather often as she was busy with her rising art empire. 

Ah! Where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ha Soo Young or as I prefer, Yves. I am the only heiress to Ha Group, a multibillion-dollar group. My mother is a famous painter. Her art is worth millions. Yet despite my reputation, I find myself in the middle of my parents' divorce. 

A plate of freshly cooked pancakes and a glass of juice was placed in front of her. There were several other varieties of food in front of her, but she didn't feel like eating. Jiso looked at Yves with pity. The girl was so young and yet she was already under so much pressure and stress. 

"Miss Soo Young. You must eat to grow stronger. You have lost a lot of weight recently. I'm worried" Jiso said, her tone gentle. 

"Ahjumma. What did I say about calling me Soo Young" Yves said. 

"I'm sorry. Miss Yves" Jiso corrected. 

Yves smiled and said "Thank you, ahjumma".

Yves made sure everyone around her didn't call her by her real name. Whenever she heard her real name, she is reminded of her father and that was the last thing she wanted to ever remember. She took one bite of her pancakes and finished her glass of juice. She thanked Jiso for breakfast and walked into the living room. Jiso handed Yves her bag as Yves walked into the elevator. Just before the doors closed, Yves bowed. 

"Have a good first day, young miss" Jiso said as she returned the bow. 

"Bye, ahjumma" Yves said. 

By the time Yves arrived at the lobby, it was already 7.25 am. Yves greeted the doorman who bowed as he helped to open the door for Yves. Yves's driver was already waiting for her outside. The driver noticed Yves and opened the car door. Yves gave a nod of approval before getting into the car. The driver closed the door and headed into the driver's seat. He started the engine and drove out of the compound. Yves looked out of the car window and stared at different structures in Seoul. She had rarely stepped foot into Seoul except when she needed to travel. They were fast approaching her new school as the palace architecture stood out from a distance. 

Related image 

Her driver drove through the golden gates. The exterior of the architecture gave off a Victorian look. It looked like a high class European prep school with a 7 foot fountain in the middle. Well-groomed trees and grass that looked as soft as fleece decorated the path into school. The driver stopped in front of the entrance and hurried to open the door for her. As she stepped out of the car, she was aware of the attention that she was receiving from the students. She was used to the attention. Growing up as a member of the prestigious Ha Clan, she had been accustomed to the flashes, cameras and interviews. She thanked her driver before walking through the front door of the school.

Image result for 7 star hotel in dubai interior

The interior was no short of amazing as well. Black and gold plated columns. Marble floors. Lounge. Gold staircase in the middle of the foyer. Instead of a school, it looked more like aa 7-star hotel that she used to stay in when she was travelling abroad. Her jaw was wide open. This is so much different from my school in Busan. This is basically a palace for royalty. How is this a school? She marveled at the interior. Unaware that she bumped into someone.