||The Beginning||

†ainted Blood


The sun was setting and the field was bathed in an orange glow. A little girl sat under the single apple tree in a field watching the setting sun she knew she should be returning to the house before her mother started to worry and sent her brother out to find her again. But the night had always fascinated her and she couldn’t to bring her self to leave.


The girl finally made her way towards her house well after the sun had set. The night was warm but oddly silent. It was as if the earth its self was holding its breath. The air seemed electrified. The girl shivered. Something was going to happen tonight. When she reached her house the lights were off. The girl was puzzled had her parents even realized she was gone? When she got closer the realised the front door was open which was weird.


The girl entered the house silently slipping off her shoes she took a few steps into the living room and slipped on something wet and sticky standing up quickly she hurried over to the light switch so she could see what she had slipped on.
Light suddenly filled the room. The little girl looked down at her white dress it was stained red. The girl slowly raised her hand that was covered with the red stuff to her face she sniffed it. It had a strange metallic type of smell. Not something she had ever smelled before. She didn’t like it! Glancing down she realised the room was filled with the strange red puddles. Curious the girl fallowed them into the next room.


Then she screamed in horror. Her mother was lying on the kitchen floor. Her face was pale and there was a hole in her neck her eyes stared at her daughter lifelessly. Tears streaming down her face she backed out of the room and stumbled up the stair to her brother’s room. This was probably all her brothers idea anyways she would go bang on his door and he would open it laughing and hug her and tell her that she had fallen for his latest prank. However on the stairs she tripped over something soft. She glanced around and looked face to face with her big brother. He was alive but she saw the death and fear in his eye’s he reached towards her and strange gurgling sounds came from his throat she noticed a blood covered his throat as well.


“NO NO NO!!! Don’t touch me!” She screamed quickly fleeing back down the stairs tears running down her face. She didn’t understand any of this what was going on? She was heading for the door when she ran into something again. This time she squeezed her eye’s shut tightly not wanting to see any other of the horrors that were in the house. She sat there where she had fallen her eyes closed and trembling. That’s when she felt herself being picked up. The arms that grabbed her were ice cold. Her eyes flew open and she began to struggle and scream.


“Sh! quite its ok I will not hurt you. I’m here to make all these bad things go away just hold onto me ok? I’m going to bring you outside alright?”
She stopped struggling and hugged the person holding her tightly. His voice was soft; almost musical it was soothing she felt she could trust him. He took her out and away from the house back out into the field she had been in earlier. He set her down gently and patted her head.


“You saw some scary things back there hey?” she nodded crying silently eye’s wide with fear. “Don’t worry we are going to make it all go away.”


We? The girl looked behind him and noticed for the first time that there was another guy standing behind the first. He had arrived so silently almost as if out of thin air. He handed the first guy something and spoke to him in a low voice, to low for the girl to hear. The first guy nodded and crouched down to her level.
“I’m going to give you something ok? And I want you to take good care of it and never take it off! Can you do that for me?”
She nodded and he held out the object for her to see. It was a silver cross necklace with a blood red stone in the middle. She gently ran her fingers along it and felt that it was engraved with some strange words that did not make any sense to her at all.

“Pretty right?”


Again she nodded and he gently placed the necklace around her neck.


“Remember never take it off.”


Then suddenly he was gone and she was left alone with the second guy. She looked into his eye’s and suddenly she was trapped she could not look away from him his eye’s where deep and she was drowning in them. He smiled at the fear on her face.


“Don’t worry we are going to make it all go away.”


she felt her head spinning she didn’t understand what he meant and darkness overcame her before she could figure it out.


xXx


Maki’s eye’s shot open and she felt totally panicked. It took her a few seconds to calm down and realise where she was, safe in her dorm room at Meiji University. Maki lay back down in her bed listening to her beating heart, she had had that dream when she was little but it had been years since that dream had once again haunted her sleep. It was scary.


She looked down at herself and realised she was still fully dressed. That’s when she remembered Mai! She had never come back to the dorm last night and Maki had fallen asleep well waiting for her to return. She jumped up and ran for her phone. She flipped it open. No texts or message’s she frowned that wasn’t like Mai at all. So she quickly dialled her friend’s number.


The phone rang several times this concerned Maki even more. Mai always answered her phone on the first ring. Finally a voice came on the other line however it wasn’t Mai’s. It was a mans.


“Hello?”


Maki was instantly on guard. “Who is this? Where is Mai?”


The voice on the other line was silent for a few moments before replying. “Well I think she’s dead.”


Maki’s blood ran cold who did this guy think he was! “Who is this? What are you saying?!?”


The voice on the phone sighed. “Look if you don’t believe me come down to the alley way behind Meiji University’s art department.” The line went dead and Maki stood there in stunned silence. It wasn’t true there was no way it was true! Maki threw down her phone, grabbed her coat and ran out the door.


xXx


Yamapi slowly turned the girl’s neck exposing the tiny pin sized bite marks in the girl’s neck. It was easy to see this was the work of a vampire. It was a shame really the girl had been beautiful. Even now with all her blood drained she still looked gorgeous she looked like she was dressed from clubbing. She had heavy make up on and skimpy clothes and she looked peaceful, like she was sleeping. You would never have been able to guess from looking at her that just a couple of hours ago she had suffered a horrible death.


A hand on Yamapi’s shoulder made him take his gaze from the girl’s body to look up at his best friend and partner Jin Akanishi smiling grimly over him.


“How can you handle it Pi? The smell of her blood is everywhere! It’s driving me crazy!”


Yamapi shrugged. “It’s not hard.” He frowned “can you handle it? Want me to do the rest?”


Jin shook his head “naw its ok I got to get used to it anyways right?” Yamapi smiled so Jin was finally taking something seriously in his life for a change.


“I made the call to the police like you said Pi they should be here soon. Are you sure about this? Letting them see the body? What if they figure it out? Figure out what we are?”


Yamapi laughed as he stood up, shaking the dirt from his jeans. “They won’t figure it out. They will treat it like any old murder case. To the humans we exist only in scary stories. That are told to keep children in their beds at night. Nobody will believe this is the work of a vampire.”


Jin still didn’t look convinced. “But they are going to want statements from us; we are going to become suspects. Besides its day now. The sun could break through the clouds at anytime then what? We would be trapped! We should burn the body like we do with the others nobody is going to notice another missing person.”


Yamapi glanced up at the sky the clouds were dark and threatening rain. “I don’t think we will get a visit from the sun today, besides it wouldn’t be right, the family deserves to give her a funeral.”


Jin grinned sheepishly. “You’re to human Pi. You know that right?”


Yamapi rolled his eye’s “you don’t have to stay Jin, go if you want.”


Jin lowered his eyes and replied in a low voice “you know I can’t do that!” Yamapi’s head snapped up and he glared at him he was about to reply when the wailing sirens in the distance caught both their attentions.


“Here they come Pi! Look alive!” Jin laughed and Yamapi just rolled his eye’s Jin laughed even harder. “Sorry I couldn’t resist! It was funny and you know it!”


Yamapi chuckled a little and shook his head “Baka” was all he said.


Four cop cars pulled up a cop hopped out of the first car and started putting the caution tape up everywhere. Jin stood close to Yamapi and whispered in his ear.
“Oh ya! Well you were taking so long to get here. The dead chick’s phone rang. I answered it was her friend or something. I told her what happened she is probably on her way over here now.”


Yamapi glared at him. “What the ! Why would you do that!! You stu-“ He was getting ready to really tell Jin off when a cop approached them.


“You the two that found the body?” he asked hesitantly clearly frightened by the rage in Yamapi’s eye’s when he looked at him.
“Calm down! He’ll piss his pants if you keep glaring at him like that!” Jin hissed in his ear. Yamapi could suddenly picture it and he burst out laughing along with Jin and the cop just stared at them like they had completely lost their minds.


"Stupid!" Yamapi yelled at Jin through his mind. "now he is going to think we are really crazy! He might order a couple of straight jackets for us and stick us in a rubber room!"


“Hey that could be fun.” Was his friends reply.



"Jin!" Yamapi complained, "Fix it! Now!"


“Ok ok!” Jin finally gave in. he straightened up and whipped the smile off his face and advanced on the cop looking him straight in the eye. The Cop could only stare back he was totally trapped within Jin’s gaze. The mans eye’s became unfocused and confused but still Jin kept staring. Finally after what seemed like forever Jin broke his gaze and the cop stumbled backwards clutching his head.
Yamapi reached out lightning quick and grabbed onto the guys arm to steady him. The cop swayed for a moment before regaining control of himself.


“What happened?”


Yamapi put on his most charming smile. “You suddenly lost your balance and stumbled, are you ok officer?”
The man just nodded clearly feeling embarrassed. “You will probably have to come with me down to the station to answer a few questions later.”


Jin opened his mouth to protest but Yamapi nodded so Jin snapped it shut. The cop didn’t notice any of this he just shrugged and said.


“Lead me to the body!”

xXx

 

so turns out i dont have to rewrite this after all thanks so much Shika_chan!!! :D anyways comment please hope this was interesting lol the point of this chapter was to show the Vampires powers lol since i no longer have to rewrite this i can post the next chapter at any time... but im not going to until i get more then 1 person commenting ^^ but thanks Yaymaki for always commenting lol its just that lots of people have subscribed but no one has commented and i dont want any silent readers hahah sorry im selfish ^^ but ill update faster if i get comments ^^