This is us [FINAL]

it started with nudes (don't let it end)

Joohyun unnie [8:23]

Jisoo

 

MC Chu [8:23]

Yes?

 

Joohyun unnie [8:23]

Does Jennie have an auto correct app on her phone?

 

MC Chu [8:24]

No

Why?

 

Joohyun unnie [8:24]

Never mind

Keep reading or whatever you are doing right now

 

MC Chu [8:24]

I'm writing

 

Joohyun unnie [8:25]

What I said

 

Although Jisoo didn't understand what that was about, she decided to ignore it. When people like Joohyun say something it's ultimate, you don't argue or keep asking questions. It wasn't hard to answer her question. Jennie's phone was an open book to her. No secrets between them.

She continued tapping on the keyboard of her laptop to work on the biography.

From Jennie's childhood to her career, she knew almost everything about her girlfriend. YG took her in and there she fought for her success and now is loved by millions. Afterwards the company let her down and she left with no hard feelings. Only about her mother she doesn't speak too much. Which confuses the raven. Her father has done her much worse but she doesn't mind speaking about him. Maybe because she doesn't care about him anymore like not one bit, he disowned her and she is over it. It doesn't hurt her to mention him. For her mother it was more of a silent quarrel. She never really disowned her but she never treated her like a daughter should be treated either, she was treated like a stranger or a puppet. She wasn't particularly close with her brother due to the fact that they didn't grow up together but she cares for him, Jisoo assumes. Obviously Jennie wouldn't admit that.

Jisoo sighed. Was she really going to write this? She didn't want to add to Jennie's pain by having her to re-read her past. Then again it's not all sad, her way to success is inspiring if anything.

Jisoo closed her notebook and went to the living room where Jennie was busy reading tons of files. Jisoo had no idea what they were all for but it has something to do with her firm obviously. The brunette tied her hair messily up in a bun, some strands were out of the bun and she wore golden frame glasses. Now imagine her chubby cheeks and shimmering orbs and you have a fluffball sitting on a couch while glaring at the papers in front of her.

Jisoo quietly sat next to her and leaned her head on her shoulder, kissing the exposed skin in the process softly. "Bad day?"

"I'm supposed to go to Paris to work with Kang Daniel." Jennie sighed. It wasn't something she looked forward to. Sure she loved the city but she prefers working on her own. For this event Daniel is one of the beauty models for Hera. He is a very popular man and the right person for the job. Jennie is the one who is going to launch the event he stars in to promot their new beauty brand Hera: Black.

Jisoo pulled her head back. "Paris? When? How long?"

"Today. Two days." Jennie tilted her head to face her.

"Today...? Why didn't you tell me before?" Jisoo frowned.

Then Jennie's eyes widened. Right. She completely forgot about that. They were dating, so she should tell her things like that before, right?

"I'm sorry babe," Jennie tried with puppy eyes. "I was so busy with work I forgot."

Jisoo shook her head. "It's okay..." It wasn't okay, Jennie knew.

"If you don't want me to g–"

"Don't be ridiculous," Jisoo chuckled. "You forgot to tell me, it happens. I'm not going to stop you from doing your job, Jendeuk." She looked in brown orbs. "I'll miss you though. A lot."

"It won't happen again," Jennie smiled. "From now on you will be the first one to know when I see a rainbow and when I have to go somewhere."

She cupped her cheeks and pecked her heart shaped lips. "I'll miss you too but I'm sure we can survive two days. We have been texting and phone calling for awhile anyway, we could go back to our old habit."

Jisoo nodded and returned the smile. "Call me okay?"

"The moment I arrive."

 

...

 

With her usual glasses and mask Jennie boarded the plane since her private jet found a tragic end. Although ít was worth it, in the end. The CEO slept the whole flight with her headphones covering her ears because there was one particular baby that kept screaming. After 12 hours she arrived safely and as promised she immediately texted her girl.

 

Jensetter [14:12]

I'm alive

You can breathe now

 

Jichu 💗 [14:12]

Jennie is that you?

It's been an eternity

 

Jensetter [14:12]

It wasn't even a day yet

How are you? What are you doing?

 

Jichu 💗 [14:13]

Walking in a park with Dalgom

But suddenly I think of you and feel sad

 

Jensetter [14:13]

When I'm back we can watch Detective Pikachu together

 

Jichu 💗 [14:13]

Really??

I thought you didn't want to

 

Jensetter [14:14]

You like that yellow thing, so it's fine with me

 

Jichu 💗 [14:17]

Thank you baby

 

Jensetter [14:17]

😍🥰😘😍🥰😘

😍🥰😘😍🥰😘

 

Jichu 💗 [14:18]

Send me one in return

 

Jensetter [14:18]

 

Jichu 💗 [14:19]

Oh. My. God.

 

Jensetter [14:20]

I invented this for you

 

Jichu 💗 [14:20]

 

Jensetter [14:20]

Don't die

 

Jichu 💗 [14:20]

Then don't try to kill me

 

Jensetter [14:21]

Never 😉

Ttyl 😘

 

Jichu 💗 [14:21]

💞💗

 

Now Jennie has to get ready to meet Kang Daniel and discuss business. She wore a black coat and black heels before she went out to where her driver was already waiting for her. He drove her to a hotel where she spends the two days in. In her hotel room she made herself comfortable and waited for the knock on her door.

Then it echoed. She stood up and opened the door.

"Hello." A fairly handsome young man with light brown hair greeted her.

"Come in." Jennie told him and motioned for him to sit on the couch. "Let's get straight to business and skip introduction." Jennie said without even bothering to act friendly around him. It's a business meeting, no tea party.

"If that's your way of saying let's get comfortable, I'm in, Ms Kim." He said overconfident and scooted close against her body.

"What?" Jennie glared at him. "Do I look like I invited you to get into my personal space? Stay in your lane."

"Sure." He said and placed his hand on her thigh.

He is messing with the wrong person. She stood up and sat on a chair in front of him before she opened her notebook to show him diagrams of their sales for specific age groups and explained their new products.

He looked her in the eyes attentively.

"Mr. Kang, if you wouldn't mind please take a look at the diagrams. I believe they're more interesting than my eyes." Jennie rolled her eyes.

Daniel chuckled. "I have to disagree, Ms Kim. You do have very pretty eyes."

"I didn't ask." Jennie snorted. "No offense but full offense, I'm not interested in you."

"Okay, baby. Whatever you say." He winked at her.

"What's your problem?" Jennie closed her notebook.

"We are clearly in love with each other but we are not dating yet. You see the problem?" He asked with a smug look.

"...What kind of delusion are you living in? I don't even know you!" Jennie laughed in disbelief. Is that guy nuts?

"Don't be shy." He shook his head with a grin. "I already know about your feelings towards me, babygirl."

"Okay that's it." Jennie grabbed his tie and pulled him towards the door.

"Woah!" He smiled. "If you want me that bad you could have just said so." He raised his hand and caressed her cheek but she quickly opened the door and gave him a hard push outside.

"See you at the launch!" Jennie screamed through the door. "That will be the only time where we speak with each other!"

"Playing hard to get huh?" He said quietly. "It's okay I like them with a temper... It's hot."

She slumped herself on the couch with a sigh. "ing weirdo. That's why I don't do men."

Her phone vibrated, she picked it up and saw an alarming amount of messages and calls from Jisoo, Lisa and Rosé.

She opened their group chat to see what the girls were freaking out for.

 

Bffs

 

Limario [15:02]

GUYSSSSSS

HAVE YOU SEEN IT!?

 

Rosie [15:02]

 

Limario [15:03]

That's a yes

Jensoo?

 

MC Chu [15:03]

 

 

Limario [15:04]

That's another yes from 1/2 of Jensoo

Let's keep calm

It's not that bad, is it?

It was bound to be revealed

You were about to do it anyway right @Jen ?

 

MC Chu [15:08]

She is not responding

Are you mad baby? @Jen

I'm sorry

 

Rosie [15:09]

It's not your fault unnie

 

Limario [15:10]

Yep

I read some news and comments–

 

MC Chu [15:10]

YOU READ? 😱

 

Limario [15:10]

RUDE!

EITHER WAY

Some people are happy

With that I mean women

Pretty women who think they have a chance now

They are saying stuff like:

"Thank you pretty girl for paving the way"

 

MC Chu [15:08]

Wow

Thank you Lisa

That really cheered me up

😒

 

Limario [15:10]

Good

You need to be cheered up

Cause others are mad at you

"aaH why are you dating MY love!?"

" i'll kill you!!"

They be like:

 

Rosie [15:11]

Lisa

Shut up

Now

 

Limario [15:11]

Yes, love

 

MC Chu [15:15]

Still no response

Maybe she is mad 😢

 

Rosie [15:11]

OR busy

She's a CEO, yk

Besides she's in Paris

She might not have read/watched Korean news

 

Jen [15:30]

What are you gays talking about?

Are y'all drunk again?

 

MC Chu [15:30]

Jendeukie 😭

 

Jen [15:30]

What's wrong Jichu?

Are you hurt?

What happened?

Do I have to kill someone?

 

Rosie [15:31]

No need to kill anybody Batman

Except maybe paps

 

Jen [15:31]

?

 

Limario [15:32]

 

MC Chu [15:35]

Jennie?

Are you okay...?

 

Jennie leaned back in her seat and took a deep breath. That's exactly what she feared would happen. But now she has two questions, how did they get that picture of them and who the hell is that close source? She doesn't have many close friends.

Jisoo? Hell no.

The giant twins? Nah. 

Joohyun? Nope.

Mino? He did say he wants revenge but he is not suicidal and there is no wifi in jail.

Jennie took a short thinking break and laughed. When she was done she used her brain cells again.

Her mother? Totally possible but what's her goal?

Jongin...? Possible but he didn't even know, did he? Come to think of it, he did see Jisoo once. Wasn't he also the one who bailed Mino out of jail? What if they teamed up against her? If that's true, then two es are dying tonight.

An even worse thought crossed her mind. What if her mother got one of them or both to help her? That would be the worst case scenario. Being up against her mother is like being up against satan. If someone is in her way that someone gets eradicated.

Without further ado she posted an official statement about her dating life like she planned to do before this happened before she disabled her comment section. The ties with YG Entertainment were already cut. Now she is responsible for the decisions she makes and the consequences that brings, whether those are good or bad.

Next she called Jisoo who immediately picked up.

"Jennie," Her husky voice said through the phone. "Don't ignore me like that, I was worried!"

"I gave a statement." Jennie responded quietly.

"I know." Jisoo stated nonchalantly. "I have my notifications on for all your social medi" She coughed to cover up her confession. "You know what, forget the last part."

Jennie chuckled. She already felt less nervous and more relaxed. "Was it okay?"

"Just fine." Jisoo smiled on the other end. "I know you had your doubts about us–"

"No," Jennie interrupted her quickly. "Never us. Just what it can mean. For what's to come." She sighed. “I'm worried for you baby." 

"I'm not made out of glass, Jen." Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows in displeasure.

"I know but I can't help but worry for you.... I want to keep you safe." The concern in her voice was audible. "You don't understand what it means to be in the spotlight, yet..."

A knock on the door of Jennie's room snapped them out of their bubble. Jisoo also heard it.

"I'll call you later, okay?"

"Bye Jendeuk."

"Bye Jichu."

She put her phone back in her pocket and opened the door but to her surprise she saw a face she didn't want to see, hence closed the door in his face.

However he could stop it from closing with his feet. "Hold on Ms. Kim! I'm not here to bother you. I saw the news and wanted to check up on you."

Jennie frowned. "And why is that, Mr. Kang?" She asked full of doubt, not trusting this guy one bit.

"I know what it feels like when others invade your privacy," He looked her straight in her eyes. "And I know how helpless and annoyed it can make you feel."

Without any words she left the door open and sat on the couch. He took that as his cue to go after her. He closed the door and sat next to her before he showed her a bag he hid behind his back.

"Chicken and beer," He smiled at her. "It always cheers me up."

She glared at him. "No funny business?"

He shook his head with a toothy grin. "No funny business, just chicken and beer."

She grabbed a beer bottle and popped it open. She could need it. But the chicken reminded her of Jisoo. Great now she feels like hearing her voice.

"I changed my mind, get out."

His smile faltered. "Aw... come on, let's hang out a little! I don't know anyone in this town beside you and I can't leave you with alcohol alone in your current state. You are squirming in fear."

"I'm not!" She said furiously. "Me? Scared? Pfft! You lost it boy!" She denied hard with a shake of her head and glare.

He stared at her and crossed his arms.

"I'm not scared!" She said seriously. "I'm just worried, okay!?"

"I understand." He replied and went to the kitchen to get two plates before he put the chicken on it and offered her a plate. "Eat up."

Irritated she ate her chicken and drank her beer. They chitchatted in between, which consists of Jennie complaining at Daniel for being Daniel and Daniel nodding and shrugging. She had to admit it wasn't that bad, so maybe he was a decent person who just happens to be overconfident.

Minutes later she felt drowsy and fell asleep. He smiled when she lied on her couch and didn't move. He picked her up and carried her to her bed.

Afterwards he pulled out her phone from her back pocket, took a picture,  went to the bathroom took another picture and messaged someone.

 

Jensetter [16:47]

*image attached*

 

Jichu 💗 [16:48] 

??

 

Jensetter [16:50]

Omg sorry

I didn't mean to send that pic of my loverboy

But I guess the truth had to come out

I'm sorry my cabbage but it's over between us

 

Jichu 💗 [16:51] 

Who tf are u

 

Jensetter [16:51]

What kind of question is that?

I get that you are upset but forgetting me already?

Find someone new and mend your broken heart

 

Jichu 💗 [16:52] 

Listen up you toad looking fat

I'm going to twist your corny dry stick if you don't hand the phone to Jennie

 

Jensetter [16:52]

I am Jennie haha

People evolve, so does their taste

 

Jichu 💗 [16:53] 

Jennie doesn't call me “my cabbage“

That's soo cringy lmao

And she has standards, you don't meet them

 

Jensetter [16:53]

Pffft! I'm hot!

 

Jichu 💗 [16:54]

You are a (in all senses)

 

Jensetter [16:54]

My is superior

 

Jichu 💗 [16:54]

So you are admitting you're not J 😉

Your brain must be smaller than that thing

Now where is my mandu?

 

Jensetter [16:54]

You call her mandu but say cabbage is cringy?

 

Jichu 💗 [16:56]

Please you idiot

How can one not call a literal dumpling dumpling??

mandu >>>>>>>>>> cabbage

 

Jichu 💗 [16:56]

UWU

WHAT AM I DOING TO MYSELF 😢💗

She is toooo cute and soft 😭

 

Jensetter [16:58]

No!!!

Cabbage >>>>>> mandu

Tasteless!

 

Jichu 💗 [16:58]

Is what you are!

 

Jensetter [16:59]

Not!

 

Jichu 💗 [16:59]

Your mama tells you but even she doesn't believe it!

 

Jensetter [16:59]

Why are we even having this discussion?

Jennie is with me now

 

Jichu 💗 [16:59]

You wish 😪

Jensetter [17:00]

She said she likes me

We ate chicken together

 

Jichu 💗 [17:00]

Nice fanfiction

 

Jensetter [17:00]

It's reality

She is sleeping in the sheets underneath me atm

We were at it the whole day

She was so tight, must not get ed enough

Poor thing

 

Jichu 💗 [17:01]

I have a bigger than you

 

Jensetter [17:02]

Did you not see the picture I sent you?

You don't even have one

 

Jichu 💗 [17:02]

Still bigger than the one you sent me

I want my eye sight back btw

 

Jensetter [17:02]

Very funny

Anyways here's the proof

 

 

Jisoo didn't respond after that. Daniel grinned and put Jennie's phone back in her pocket. He spent the night in her room.

 

...

 

 

MC Chu [17:08]

I mean Slug

 

Sluggie [17:15]

What's up?

 

MC Chu [17:15]

You.

Me. 

That pub next to your bakery.

 

Sluggie [17:15]

Being customer for the competitor?

Forget it

 

MC Chu [17:16]

 

Sluggie [17:17]

I see 

I'll be there

 

And so Jisoo and Seulgi visited the pub at night. Jisoo quickly took a few shots while Seulgi tried to find out why Jisoo gave her a code red.

“Are you dying?” Seulgi asked as she traced the rim of her glass with her finger.

“Maybeee~” Jisoo slurred. “What would you do if Joohyun unnie cheated on you? Theoretically?”

Seulgi raised her eyebrows. “I would get waste– Oh. Wait– WHAT!?”

The raven hit her head against the table.

“Are you serious Jisoo?” The bear couldn’t believe it. “Did you catch her?”

Jisoo shook her head. “Her boy told me.”

Seulgi frowned. “Her boy? What boy?” She took the glass out of Jisoo’s hand before she could slurp it down. She had enough. “I need you to know that Jennie Kim is a celebrity, she probably has many stalkers. Don’t you think it could’ve been a joke?”

Jisoo raised her head. “You think?”

“I’m not sure but you should ask her at least.” Seulgi nodded. “And if she admits we can still egg her house afterwards.”

Jisoo chuckled but shook her head. “That’s not necessary, Sluggie. We are not that petty.”

“You are right. We are not.” Seulgi smiled. “We would probably send her an email with angry words.”

“Now that’s more like us.” Jisoo laughed in her seat and hiccuped, clearly drunk.

“Jisoo watch out–”

Suddenly she felt hot liquor on her thighs and cold liquor on her head. Someone just splashed their coffee and beer on her.

She didn’t scream, she bit her lip. Concealing pain, be it physical or mental is her strong suit.

“What the hell,” Seulgi approached the small but chubby man with glasses. “Was that for!?”

His face looked like it boiled from anger. “She turned my wife into a dyke!!”

Seulgi stood there with an unimpressed grin. Instead of arguing she just pushed him down. She is stronger than she looks like. He fell down and couldn’t get up like a helpless turtle.

The bartender made their way towards them, sensing that they were in trouble the two gave each other a look and run off. The pain on Jisoo’s thigh made her slower than Seulgi.

They were panting outside where the cold breeze of the night hit them.

“That was a clean shove.” Jisoo complimented the bear.

“Thank you, thank you.” Seulgi bowed, then turned to look a little more serious. “You know, that’s the kind of thing I meant when I said she has stalkers and stuff. It could be one of those kind you mistook for an affair.”

Jisoo looked up and stared at the stars. “I hope you are right…”

Since it's too late to go to her home. Jisoo stayed at Seulgi's place. The bakery had a free room upstairs. Her mind was clouded with a certain brunette but somehow she managed to fall asleep.

 

...

 

In the morning Daniel wrapped his arms around Jennie's covered body. She let out an unpleasant groan and opened her eyes slowly.

She felt a warmth around her body. Mistaking it for Jisoo she snuggled closer, it took her a few seconds to realise she was in Paris and that body neither smelled nor felt like Jisoo's. 

She pushed him away hardly. "What the are you doing here!?"

He chuckled. "Oh baby, you like hitting me, don't you? I love." He threw her a wink and flying kiss.

She stood up and fixed herself. "We didn't sleep together, I still have my clothes from yesterday on." She stated while she looked at her reflection in the mirror. "You are creepy, get lost. I have a girlfriend."

"Don't worry about that," Daniel walked after her and threw an arm around her. "I took care of that."

She turned her head so fast and gave him a deathly glare. "What do you mean?"

"I took care of it." He smiled. "I don't think you have a girlfriend anymore. Thank me later, now you can be with me."

Instead of replying she gripped his annoying tie, dragging him to the kitchen, opened the blender and put his tie inside.

"Jennie, love, what are yo"

She pushed on the button of a remote that controlled all the kitchen devices and the blender pulled the tie in. It was threatening to cut his pretty face in thousand pieces to serve tomato juice.

"Oh my go"

She pushed on the button again and made it stop before it reached his face, he quickly retreated.

"Just to be clear. If you even do as much as to touch a strand of her hair, I will destroy you." She said calm, yet serious. It was enough to freeze his body.

"But... you like me!" He yelled. "I know you are simply playing hard to get."

"Why the hell would you think that?"

"Your mom told me," He deadpanned. “You are crushing on me and want us to be together.“

Silence filled the room. A light bulb lit in Jennie's head. She took his arm and brought him out again.

"She lied." She muttered and closed the door.

So it was her mother's doing. Finally it seems to make sense. Jennie pinched the bridge of her nose. She is against her relationship? Like she cares about her, there must be another reason.

A sudden realisation hit her. She pulled out her phone and messaged Jisoo instantly. Daniel already deleted the messages he sent.

 

Jensetter [8:48]

Baby

Are you okay?

Jichu

 

Jensetter [8:49]

Kim Jisoo

 

Jensetter [8:50]

I need an immediate response

 

Jensetter [8:50]

If you don't reply I will fly back to Korea

Right now

 

Jensetter [8:51]

I mean it!

 

Jensetter [8:52]

Jichuuuuuu

 

Jichu 💗 [8:54]

What do you want Jennie?

Is that even you?

Or is your boy toy speaking?

 

Jensetter [8:54]

I have no idea what he told you

But it's all complete bull

 

Jichu 💗 [8:55]

Sure 

 

Jensetter [8:55]

Do you not trust me?

 

Jichu 💗 [8:56]

It's not like you haven't lied to me before

 

Jensetter [8:56]

Jichu...

😢

 

Jichu 💗 [8:57]

Sorry

That was mean

I don't like being mean

 

Jensetter [8:58]

I would never betray you I promise

Why would I?

I love you ❣

I don't take many risks, I like to play it safe

But you are the one risk I allow my heart to take over and over again

 

Jichu 💗 [8:59]

You love me?

 

Jensetter [8:59]

Of course I do, silly ❣

 

Jichu 💗 [9:00]

No I mean love love

I probably misunderstood 

Forget it

 

Jensetter [9:00]

Jisoo

I'm in love with you

I thought it was obvious

 

Jensetter [9:02]

Jisoo?

Was that too much?

Do you not

I'm sorry

 

Jichu 💗 [9:03]

Don't you dare be

I love you too, silly ❣

 

Jennie read those words more times than necessary. Her heart was full, it almost exploded in ecstasy, being more alive than ever before. Her phone vibrated, she picked it up with a smile.

"Jisoo?" She guessed.

"I love you." She was right.

"I love you more." She responded with a gummy smile. Too bad she can't see it, it would melt her.

"Listen," Jennie's voice sounded apologetic. "We didn't do anything. I was upset, he offered me chicken, I rejected him many times. Really. I think he put something in the chicken he gave me, it made me fall asleep. Then he said" She rambled down desperately to get it off her chest.

She couldn't finish her sentence as Jisoo cut her off. "He drugged you? He ing drugged you? Give me the name of that ." Jisoo sounded unusually mad. It was kinda scary, yet hot.

"Kang Daniel but don't be angry. I handled it. I think my mother might have manipulated him." Jennie reassured because she didn't want her to actually fight him. "I'm going to cancel the launch and search for a different representative. I'm coming back."

"Come quick. Love you, Jendeuk."

"Love you too, Jichu." They ended the call.

It became their new favourite thing to say in minutes.

 

...

 

At the airport Jisoo was already waiting for her with her driver. She hugged her tightly, refusing to let go for that half day they spent apart.

When Jennie was back at her mansion, she couldn't have been greeted with a more horrifying sight. Her black ferrari was on fire! Could this day get any worse?

"I hate everything." Except Jisoo, she thought.

A lone tear escacped her eyes. Jisoo wiped it away with the pad of her thumb.

"Don't you have tons of those Jendeuk?" She held her hand gently. "I'm sure one won't make a differenc"

"Each of them is my baby, Jichu! They mean the most to me!" If Jennie had one hobby then it was collecting expensive vehicles.

"Is that so?" The raven let go of her hand and took a step back.

Jennie quickly reached for Jisoo's hand and regained contact. "After you of course." She smiled awkwardly at her.

Jisoo raised her eyebrows. "I'm not sure if you mean it but I take it."

Jennie squeezed her hand. "Of course I mean it! WWho cares... about some.. car? Me..? Nah..!" It looked painful for her to get those words out of . Obviously Jisoo picked up on that.

"If it makes you happy we can bring it to my brother. He has a workshop and fixed cars that were in worse conditions. People bring electronic devices and vehicles to him when they think there is no chance for anyone to repair them." Jisoo caressed the palm of the younger's hand with her thumb. 

"So your brother is a magician and can heal Ruby? Really!? I love you!" Jennie said like an excited kid before she placed a lingering kiss on Jisoo's cheek.

Jisoo ignored the fact that Jennie gave the black ferrari a name and focused on the tingling feeling on her skin the sweet kiss gave her.

 

...

 

This time Jennie decided to drive by herself since she let her ferrari be towed to Jisoo's brothers place by her driver.

Jisoo was humming along to the song on the radio before she looked at Jennie and spoke up. "By the way, my brother lives at our parents place."

"WHAT?!" The brakes were pulled immediately. Jennie's eyes popped out of their sockes.

"I said, my brother lives at our parents place. In their garage. There his workshop is at. It's likely that my parents are home. Isn't that nice? You can meet them." She said softly with a smile. "Or do you not want to?" She questioned after she noticed how uncomfortable her girlfriend looked.

"IIt's not that I don't want to. It's just.. sudden. I wasn't prepared, at all.." Jennie began to sweat bullets.

"I see!" Jisoo giggled. "You say that because you haven't met my parents yet but they are extremely friendly people. You don't need to be nervous in the least. They will love you!" She said with certainty.

Jennie was fidgeting with her hands, so Jisoo took them in her hand instead and let Jennie play with her fingers. "Don't worry, I'm with you."

The CEO nodded and kept driving until they reached the house with a pretty garden. She parked the car and waited next to Jisoo as she rang the doorbell. Squeezing her hand tighter and tighter.

Jennie realised one thing. When Jisoo says something she always means it. She doesn't just say it to make you feel good.

Before Jennie could even speak a single word, a woman and men engulfed both of them in a tight hug all smiles.

"Sooya! You came to visit!" The woman's smiled radiated. After pulling back she turned her face to Jennie, freezing her in her spot.

She glared at the brunette without saying anything. Both of them were every beautiful.

Jennie could feel the sweat on her body. "II... Uh

The woman bursted out into laughter. She was pulling her leg, huh? "You must be Jennie! I'm Sandara and that's my husband Seunghyun." She introduced themselves. "You are right Sooya! She is as cute as a button quail with her puffed up cheeks and y cat eye" She spoke enthusiastically before Jisoo screamed.

"Mom!" Jisoo whined with red cheeks. The woman ignored her. "Dad! Help!"

"Fine." He grinned and that's the moment Jisoo once again knew why she doesn't ask her dad for help. He is a tease. "That was inaccurate, dear. You need to tell it the right way. Jisoo only speaks about her with her squeaky I'm-so-in-love voice, paired with a dopey smile. And let's not forget her book full of poems with the name Jennie inside of hearts everywhere."

"That's enough!" Jisoo covered her cheeks in embarrassment. "Stop it!"

"Why? I like hearing this." Jennie smirked at her, feeling comfortable suddenly. "Let them talk."

"Never." Jisoo pulled on Jennie's arm. "We need to speak with Jin."

"Hold on!" Sandara said before she went to the kitchen and came back with cookies. "These are for you two." She put them in small bags for them.

"Thank you." Jennie bowed slightly. "It was nice to meet you two. You should come over for dinner, so we can get to know each other properly." She offered them with a polite smile.

"I like this one," Seunghuyn declared. "You should keep her." He looked at Jisoo.

Jisoo rolled her eyes and pulled Jennie to the garage. She called Seokijn beforehand to inform him about the car which was already there but she didn't expect him to jump them when she opened the door which she actually should have.

"Lil sis!" Seokjin hugged both of them. "And the girlfriend!"

Here we go again, Jisoo thought.

Their genes are something else. Our child is bound to look breathtaking, Jennie thought.

"I had enough embarrassment, Jin." Jisoo sighed. "Spare me please and repair her car."

"You can count on me!" He smiled. "I got my friends to help, it's not going to be easy but I think Ruby will survive." Yes, Jisoo told him the name of the ferrari.

"You are a live saviour," Jennie returned the smile. "How can I ever repay you?"

"Take care of my sister." He said firmly, yet not forceful.

"You don't have to ask." Jennie slipped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

"Guys come out," Seokjin yelled. "Let's get to wor"

"Taehyung?" Jennie quirked a brow. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey Jennie noona, Jisoo noona." He waved at them. "Jin asked for help, so here I am. We're college buddies." He explained and pointed to the guys next to him. "And those are our pals Yoongi and Namjoon."

The guys took their tools and started working to fix the car. "Man, someone really must have put a bomb in here." Jin frowned. "That was no organic fire for sure."

Who would set her car on fire? Maybe it was her mom too. She got Daniel to make a move on her and probably was also the one who sold them off to the news.

"Namjoon," Jisoo whispered to him while Jennie was busy watching them repair her baby. Namjoon was good friends with Jin, so he came over to their house often when she was a child. "Can you do me another favour?"

"Sure, what's up Sooya?" He whispered back.

 

...

 

While Jennie, Seokjin, Taehyung and Yoongi were busy with the ferrari. Jisoo and Namjoon s out. They went upstairs to Jisoo’s old room.

Jisoo asked Namjoon to help her find the anonymous close source of Jennie’s. It was no easy feat but Namjoon had connections in Seoul Times. His friend Jungkook works as a publisher there. When Jungkook’s boss took a break, he went to his computer and sent Namjoon the mail they gave them with the pictures of Jennie and Jisoo. Then Namjoon tracked down the IP address from where it was sent.

“Thank you, really.” Jisoo said as he printed out the paper with the address.

“Anytime,” He handed her the address. “You are going there right? Do you need back up?”

Jisoo nodded. “I could need hel–”

“Jisoo!” The brunette opened the door of her room. “Why did you go away? Is somethin–” She stopped talking when she saw that it was only Namjoon and Jisoo in the room.

Her first instinct was to shoot him a glare and slide an arm around Jisoo’s shoulder, so she did.

“Why is she giving me a deathly glare?” Namjoon took a step away from them.

“It’s a polite glare.” Jennie stated firmly, not letting his eyes leave him. “Unless there is a reason for me to give you my deathly glare.”

“Okay… I’m outta here.” Namjoon announced with his hands up in surrender. “Good luck Sooja. If you need help call me.” He waved and left the room.

The raven looked to her girlfriend attempting to explain her what they discovered but Jennie started rambling.

“Why is he calling you that? What did you need him alone for? You are not going to call him right? What does good luck mean? Good luck for what? Breaking up with me and being with hi–”

Jisoo placed her index finger on Jennie’s plump lips. “You are doing it again.”

“Doing what again Jisoo?” Jennie mumbled against her finger.

“Deluding yourself out of jealousy.”

“Pardon?” The brunette snorted. “Now you are the delusional one. I don’t know the emotion jealousy.”

Jisoo laughed and she couldn’t stop.

“I’m serious!” Jennie frowned.

Jisoo lifted her hands and let them rest on Jennie’s shoulders.

“Another person can’t even talk to me without you creating a whole super villain identity about that person in your head.”

“Better safe than sorry.” Jennie stated firmly. “I mean that guy appears like he could be an evil twin.”

“He doesn’t have a twin.” Jisoo rolled her eyes.

“He could have killed him.”

Jisoo gave her a smug look. Like she was saying, ‘See? You always do that. Point proven.’

Jennie sighed in defeat before her eyes saw the room for the first time clearly. Her jealousy didn’t let her do that seconds ago but now she took it in.

Jisoo noticed that and blushed, her childhood room being exposed to Jennie was kind of embarrassing.

Jennie smiled. “Books, books, games, pikachu plushie and snowglobes.” Her eyes drifted to each object. “That’s so you.”

“What does that mean?” Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows.

“It means it gives me a comfortable and warm feeling.” Jennie took Jisoo's hands in her own. “It’s cute like you. You were right, I do get territorial. Sorry…”

“You are hot when you do, so it’s fine,” Jisoo smirked. “As long as you don’t actually hurt someone, that is...”

“I wouldn’t.” Jennie’s cat-like gaze dropped to the ground. Okay maybe she would.

“More importantly,” Jisoo showed her the paper. “Namjoon located the person who exposed us to the news papers.”

A spark of anger and excitement crossed Jennie’s eyes. “Perfect…” She giggled maliciously.

“Okay…” Jisoo muttered awkwardly. “Still not hurting anybody.”

Jennie nodded. “Of course not.” Yeah, Jisoo was not buying that but she dropped it.

The two bid farewell to Jisoo’s parents who didn’t seem like they wanted to let either of them go but eventually they struggled out of their tight grips. They left the ferrari there. Jin promised to get it done in a day and drive it to Jennie’s when he’s done. Jennie insisted to pay but he strictly said no because she will be family soon anyway. He gave Jisoo a wink, reddening both J’s cheeks furiously. Jisoo coughed, grabbed Jennie's hand and sprinted to the brunette's Mercedes.

On their way to the vehicle Jennie noticed that Jisoo was slightly limping for the first time that day. It wasn’t that much. You would only know if you pay close attention.

When they were inside, Jennie tilted her face to her before she started the engine.

“What’s up with your knee?” Jennie asked concerned. “You are walking oddly.”

There was a flash of panic in Jisoo’s face. But only for a second, she quickly shook it off. Even so, Jennie already recognised it.

“Jichu,” She asked once more. “Did you injure yourself? Let me see.”

She put her hand on her thigh, earning a painful groan from Jisoo, so she removed her hand.

“It’s nothing…” Jisoo lied. “I’m Jisoo, I’m OK. Always.”

“We both know that’s not true. No one is always okay, not even you.” Jennie frowned. “May I?” She gripped the hem of Jisoo’s skirt between her thumb and index finger.

But Jisoo swatted her hand away. “Don’t worry about it.”

“Hold on,” Jisoo fished her phone out and typed a few messages to get a third opinion. “I just texted Lisa and she said I’m right, you shouldn’t worry about me.”

Jennie’s eyebrows creased together, so she did the same. “I just texted Chaeyoung and she said I’m right and I have all the right to worry about you.”

“Tell me what happened.” Jennie demanded. “Otherwise you make me worry more.”

‘“Fine…” Jisoo mumbled. “Promise not to be mad?”

“I promise.” Jennie said quickly.

“When Daniel made me think he and you… you know,” She looked to her feet. “Well, I went with Seulgi to a pub and some fanboy of yours dropped hot coffee or something at my thigh. It’s a slight singe. It doesn’t hurt that much.”

Jennie didn’t respond. She stared blanky ahead.

“Jendeukie?” She nudged her shoulder. “No comment?”

Silently the younger pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

“Seungyoon? Yeah, it’s me. Get the boys. I have an assassination to reque–”

“Jennie! Oh my god!” Jisoo took the phone out of her hand and ended the call for her.

“I was not done yet Jichu!” Jennie whined with a pout but Jisoo refused to give her the phone back, knowing it would only end in a mess when Jennie gets her way with her super extra actions.

“I knew this would happen...” Jennie pinched the bride of her nose. “Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe we shouldn’t hav–”

“Shouldn’t have what?” Jisoo cut her off in a cold tone. “If you think this,” She motioned between the two of them “Was a mistake because someone poured coffee on me then I don’t know what to think anymore. I can take it. I told you a million times. I want to take it, if it means we can be together. Do you not share the same wish Jennie? Sometimes I think you are more against the idea of us than anyone else...”

Jennie’s face fell. “That’s not true!” She gave herself a mental slap. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. I was just upset and have a y mouth...”

“It’s unfair that you have all the bad consequences while I’m the one who gets the good things.” She put a hand above Jisoo’s and intertwined their fingers.

“Good things?” Jisoo questioned. “What are those?”

“Your smile,” She left a peck on her heart shaped lips. “Your touch,” She squeezed her hand. “Your presence.” She gave her a short but tender embrace, taking in her strawberry scent.

“y mouth you say..” Jisoo shook her head with a smile. “You have a sweet mouth.” She connected their lips and gave her a deep kiss. When they ended to breathe Jisoo leaned her forehead against Jennie’s. “And who says I get bad things? You are the best. That’s all I want. I love you Jennie.”

“I love you too.” She responded without hesitation, her lips tugging into a gummy smile that warmed Jisoo’s heart and swelled it with joy.

 

...

 

The moment they reached the address. Jennie felt a sting of familiarity. She knew this apartment. She was here before. They approached the gate and then Jennie figured out why she it felt so familiar.

This was Jongin’s place.

“I knew it! That damn two faced snake !” Jennie blurted out loudly and startled Jisoo in the process.

“W–What?” Jisoo asked, oblivious of the fact who lived here. She pressed the bell.

“Jongin lives here.” Jennie informed her and balled her fist. “I’m going to fight him.”

Jisoo quickly held her small fists and unballed them. “Let’s settle this peaceful, Jendeuk.”

“Fine, we can do it the boring way, if you insist.” Jennie said disappointed.

It didn’t take long for Jongin to open the door in his boxers and a shirt. “J–Jennie? What are you doing here..? Did you rethink your decision?” He asked full of hope. “Do you want to give us another chance?”

“Bleh!” Jennie grimaced like a child.

“Behave.” Jisoo whispered in her ear, Jennie just rolled her eyes with a sigh.

“As you can see I’m here with my girlfriend.” She clasped their hands for emphasis. “We have a relationship. One you exposed, you ing rat–”

“Jennie!” Jisoo hit her shoulder lightly.

“...You rattlebrained excuse of a human being, dude.” She huffed under her breath and playfully punched his shoulder. Although it was too hard to call it playful one could think.

“The dude doesn’t make it less of an insult,” He deadpanned and rubbed said shoulder, “How is that any better than rat..? Plus I exposed nobody. I even told you to be careful of cameras.”

“Stop lying.” Jennie glared at him. “It was you who exposed us. You are the close source. We made someone track down the IP of the person who submitted the tip to Seoul Times and it led us to this place.”

“Listen, I’m not that petty. Did you hurt me by breaking up with me and then I have to find out you are dating a girl? Yes you did. However I didn’t know you were dating until her I read it in the newspaper.”

“Keep the lies for the blender!” Jennie threatened with a balled fist in the air.

“Blender…?”

“You don’t want to know.” Jisoo murmured. “More importantly do you have a roommate?”

“I don’t.” Jongin responded quickly. “I live here alone. If that’s it and you are not thinking of coming back to me,” He looked at Jennie. “Then we are done here.”

“Hold on!” Jennie held the door to stop him from closing it. “Did my mother hire you or was it your own idea? If you loved me even a bit you wouldn’t have done it.”

Jongin frowned. “I’m telling you I did nothing! Don’t you dare question my love when you never gave it a chance.”

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows. “You love Kyungsoo! Face it!”

“I don’t!” Jongin screamed back. “I used to, yes but I don’t! Not anymore! I love you!”

His confession mummed Jennie. “I’m sorry but I can not reciprocate those feelings. I never could. Even if I didn’t date Jisoo.”

Jongin looked pained. “I get it, okay? Can you leave me alone now?”

“...If it wasn’t you, was anyone here at the 28th September?” Jennie asked, despair in her voice.

Even if she didn’t feel the same way she basically just asked for his and he couldn’t find it in him to say no.

“A friend,” Jongin admitted, looking at the ground. “He bought a new game and we played it together.”

“Were you with him the whole time?” Jisoo interrogated.

“No, we don’t go to toilets together unlike you girls.”

“What’s his name?” Jennie ignored his remark which was true.

“Daniel, Kang Daniel.”

“That ing two faced snake rat douchebag!” Jennie exclaimed shocking both of them as she ran to her her car. “Come on Jisoo!”

“Um… bye and thanks?” Jisoo said in a rush and ran after her.

“Sure…” Jongin went back inside. “Perhaps I should call Kyungsoo over...”

In front of her car Jennie was ready to cut an egg or two. Instead she told Jisoo to wait inside the Mercedes while she gives her mother a call.

She picked up at the eighth try. Usually it takes over twenty. This was progress.

“Mother,” Jennie started. “What gives you the right to meddle with my private life, bomb my car, expose my relationship and get some creep to make a move on me?”

“Hello to you too my daughter.” The bitter voice spoke out. “Those are many accusations. First off, I never blew up any car. I'm no terrorist. Secondly you should know, I do nothing but act in your best interest.”

And regress again.

“Yeah and what are my best interests?” Jennie asked puzzled. “Do you even know me?”

“You are being funny.” She chuckled. “I know you as the person you should be. All I do, you can benefit from.”

“Really?” Jennie asked with much venom, as if she tried to poison her with her voice. “How did I benefit from you letting Kai die? Or maybe you pushed him? Sadly I wouldn't put it past you.”

“That dog again?” Her mother sighed. “Aren’t you over that yet? It’s been years. It was just a dog, you can buy thousands of those.”

“He was more than just a dog! He was my friend, my family and so is Jisoo whom you also made suffer for no reason, at all. If you do such things to my family, you are not someone I need in my life. Not now. Not ever again.”

“It was not for no reason, silly. Korea is in love with Kang Daniel. If you dated him our business would sky rocket and your reputatio–”

“Bye.” Jennie said and ended the call. “I hope we never speak again.” Her voice broke at the end and tears glistened in her eyes. This was it. No mom anymore.

She opened the door and slumped herself on the driver’s seat. Jisoo who sensed her bad mood instantly wrapped her arms around her petite body and held tight. “Shh…” She cooed the kitten in her warm arms. She could figure out herself what happened to Jennie since she just spoke with a certain witch.

The brunette squished her cheeks against her shoulders and let the tears stream down freely as she tried to get impossibly closer to the girl who made her feel like it’s going to get better. Like she didn’t just lose her mother but cut off an ugly and unnecessary part of her life.

“You know what’s going to cheer you up now?” Jisoo whispered.

Jennie shook her head.

“Jin called me and said Ruby is already repaired.” Jisoo wiggled her eyebrows like a dork. “Earlier than expected. Want to pick it up?”

“Yeah that does cheer me up.” Jennie giggled softly but still vulnerable. “Let’s go now.”

 

...

 

At Jisoo’s parents place. Sandara gave Jennie a tight hug that reminded her much of Jisoo’s hugs. Seunghyun joined the hug. So did Jisoo. And Jin. And Taehyung. And for some reason Chaeyoung, Lisa, Joohyun and Seulgi. Heck even Mino.

“What the hell are you guys doing here?” Jennie frowned as they squeezed her like lemons. “I can’t breathe!”

They pulled away, one by one.

“I baked cookies.” Sandara explained. “Too many cookies.”

“And I asked everyone to come eat cookies.” Jisoo smiled.

“No one says no to cookies.” Chaeyoung said in her most serious tone. “No one should say no to food.”

"I forgive you." Mino announced, looking at Jennie. "Because of the cookies."

Seunghyun went to the kitchen and came back with glasses of milk and hot chocolate to hand everyone.

Jennie leaned into Jisoo’s ear. “What is this? Some kind of pity party?”

Jisoo chuckled. “No… it’s a cheer a baby cat up get-together.” She fed Jennie a chocolate cookie.

As Jennie mumbled on the tasty sweet and saw all of those idiots fighting for the last butter cookie, she thought those idiots are her family now.

A bright gummy smile plastered on her face. There were crumbs on Jisoo’s lips, so she them away sensually, making the other blush.

“Ewww!! So gross! Get a room!” Lisa and Taehyung screamed and covered their eyes in disgust. “Not in front of the cookies! The poor innocent cookies!”

Or just idiots.

Okay who is she kidding?

Not herself. Ever.

Suddenly Jennie was reminded of something. “Stop! Stop the pity party!” Jennie gained the attention of every single person in the room.

“I still have one question left,” She frowned. “If it wasn’t my mother… who set Ruby on fire...?”

Everyone shrugged.

“We will never know,” Jisoo put a hand on her shoulder to pat her reassuringly. “But let’s not dwell on the past. Ruby is fine now. That’s all that matters, right?”

“I guess.”


...
 

/Later at night/

 

“Don’t you think it was a bit extreme?” Seulgi asked as she sipped on her tea, all cuddled up next to her girlfriend on the couch.

“Was what a bit extreme?” Joohyun questioned, gazing at the television.

“Putting a small explosive inside of Jennie’s car because she called you a grandma?”

“That brat called me a grandma twice.” Joohyun chuckled in a menacing manner. “No one calls me a grandma.”