Five

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghoon hardly believes his eyes when he sees Dara comes out of Jiyong’s apartment the next morning. When she is about to enter her own apartment, the girl just realized Seunghoon’s presence in the middle of the stairs.

“Oh, Seunghoon, good morning,” said Dara with an embarrassed smile. And if Seunghoon doesn’t see wrong, Dara’s face blushes. “Do you want to go to college?”

Seunghoon nods. “I just want to go to Jiyong Hyung’s place,” he said, still surprised. “I want to borrow…” he paused for a moment, having forgotten what he wanted to borrow from Jiyong. “Dara Noona ...?”

Dara hurriedly interrupts, “Then, see you. I enter first.”

As soon as Dara’s apartment door closes, Seunghoon walks down the stairs, not going to Jiyong’s apartment.

Chaerin is surprised to hear her apartment door opened loudly. “What’s wrong? What’s wrong?”

“Noona! Look, I just saw Dara Noona come out of Jiyong Hyung’s apartment,” Seunghoon reported urgently.

“What?” Chaerin raises her eyebrows and glances at the clock. It’s six o’clock. “This early?”

Seunghoon frowns and thinks. “Noona, do you think they are...”

Chaerin hits her brother’s head. “Don’t think carelessly. Dara is a good girl.”

“I didn’t say anything,” grumbled Seunghoon while rubbing his head.

“But why did she come out of Jiyong’s apartment this early morning?” Chaerin muttered to himself.

“Could it be that Dara Noona was in his apartment all night?” said Seunghoon.

Chaerin looks at her brother and blinks. “Well, they both are quite close and always together. But how can…?”

“Dara Noona is a strict girl. Maybe Jiyong Hyung is taking the opportunity with...”

Chaerin hits her brother’s head again. “You’d better go now. I wonder, you are a man but love to gossip.”

Seunghoon shrugs not caring. “Didn’t I learn from Noona?” Then he shoots out before Chaerin can hit him again.

***

Embarrassing. Why can I fall asleep in Jiyong’s apartment? Dara exhales while crossing the road. Today she has a lot to do in the library and is busy turning her mind from the embarrassing incident this morning for a while. But now on his way to the hospital because of the cold that hasn’t recovered, she remembers the incident this morning when she woke up on Jiyong’s living room sofa.

“I slept here all night?” asked Dara in disbelieve.

Jiyong nods. “You’re sleeping soundly, I didn’t have the heart to wake you up. Besides, I don’t mind it.”

The man didn’t mind, but Dara was embarrassed. In addition, he met Seunghoon when she came out of Jiyong’s apartment this morning. She must have looked suspicious. Dara shakes her head to clear her mind.

Suddenly the 200% song sounds so loudly. Dara takes the phone from her handbag and reads the words that dance on the screen. Kwon Jiyong. “Hello? Jiyong?”

“Your living room lights can already be lit.” Jiyong’s voice is on the other side.

Dara smiles. This morning she had indeed reported to Grandpa Shin and called an electrician to repair the problematic electrical cable. Since she had to go to work and it was impossible to let the electrician alone in the apartment, Dara finally asked Jiyong — her neighbor had plenty of free time — accompanying Grandpa Shin watching her apartment while the electrical cable was being repaired.

“You’re indeed the best neighbor in the world,” Dara said exaggeratingly. “You saved my life.”

“If you want to thank me, treat me to eat.”

“Okay, I’ll treat you Sinigang.”

“Sini...what? What is that?” Jiyong sounded hesitant, but then quickly adds, “But I want it, as long as it can be eaten.”

Dara chuckles — really discordant, because she is having a cold. “Seven o’clock, then.”

Not long after she ends the call, her phone beeps three times. There’s an incoming message. Her eyebrows rise in surprise at the message from Jiyong. Didn’t the man just talk to her? Upon seeing the contents of the message, Dara’s eyebrows wrinkle faintly. A photo. Looks like it’s Jiyong’s shot. Dara doesn’t really understand, but if it’s not mistaken the photo shows a starry night sky. Below the photo is a line of words: Why should you be afraid of the dark if there are many beautiful things that can only be seen in the dark?

While she is still staring at the photo confusedly trying to understand Jiyong’s intentions, her phone beeps three times again. There’s another message. This time there are no photos, only a written message from Jiyong: Don’t forget to see a doctor before you spread cold viruses everywhere.

“Yeah, I’m going to the hospital,” Dara grunted at the phone she is holding.

***

It turns out that Dara has to wait 45 minutes before the nurse calls her name. The examination process itself is not long. The old doctor just checks for a while then writes a prescription that must be redeemed at the hospital pharmacy.

“Hopefully I bring enough money,” Dara muttered to herself as she passed the nurse’s desk on her wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter