Eleven

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you for taking me here,” Dara told Jiyong when they arrived at the station. “My train will come soon. You don’t need to wait for me.”

“It’s okay,” Jiyong said. He follows Dara into the station while carrying the girl’s bag.

Dara sits on one of the chairs and examines her handbag, making sure the ticket is already there. Jiyong then sits in the chair next to Dara and watches the girl. At first Jiyong thought that Dara would carry a large suitcase—because women usually carry a lot of things when they travel—but it turns out that the girl only carries a small handbag and a medium travel bag filled with clothes. Dara said, she still has a lot of clothes at her parents’ house in Busan, so she doesn’t need to carry a lot of clothes. In fact, she doesn’t need to carry her clothes at all.

“What time will you arrive in Busan?” Jiyong asked.

Dara glances at her watch. “It only takes about three hours from here to Busan. Certainly it’s not dark yet when I arrive in Busan later.” She turns to Jiyong. “Why?”

“Call me when you arrive.”

“Okay,” said Dara lightly. The she pauses, tilts her head and asks, “But why should I call you?”

“So I know that you’ve arrived safely.”

“What for? I’m not a kid anymore, you know?” protested Dara. “After all, isn’t your phone being repaired?”

“Ah, right,” muttered Jiyong, patting his forehead. “Then, let me call you later.”

Dara doesn’t have time to answer because suddenly the 200% song is heard. She pulls out her phone which flickers from her handbag and reads the caller ID that appears on the screen. Her eyebrows rise and she quickly presses her phone to her ear. “Hello? Doctor Choi?”

Jiyong’s head spins so fast towards Dara. The girl stands up from her chair and walks away. Jiyong kind of hears Dara say, “Have you received it?” But then he can’t hear anything else.

It’s likely that Seunghyun calls Dara to thank her for the biscuits. Earlier, on the way to the station, Dara asked Jiyong to take her to the hospital where Seunghyun worked to hand over his Christmas gift. Jiyong had no reason to refuse, of course, but he let Dara enter the hospital by herself while he waited in the car. He didn’t want Seunghyun to know that he knew Dara. It’s not yet time. But it turned out that Seunghyun was busy attending one of his patients so that Dara couldn’t meet him and was forced to leave the biscuits to a guard nurse.

Jiyong looks up as Dara sits back in the chair beside her. “Your love doctor?” Jiyong asked flatly.

“Yes. He called because he had received the biscuits and wanted to thank me,” replied Dara lightly. She pauses for a moment, then asks, “Anyway, why do you always call him love doctor?”

“What do you like about him?” Jiyong asked back. Actually he doesn’t want to know, but his curiosity can’t be detained anymore.

“What?”

“What makes you like him? How can he be your first love?”

“Oh, that.” Dara smiles and ponders. “I like him because he used to help me looking for my falling necklace.” She laughs softly and continues, “It sounds ridiculous, but that’s the way it is, especially after he managed to find my necklace and smile at me.”

“Necklace?” Jiyong’s forehead frowns faintly.

“Yes. My necklace given by my grandmother. I always wear it. Well, here it is,” said Dara, pulling the necklace she is wearing from behind her thick sweater and collar. A necklace with a pendant shaped as “Dara”.

Jiyong watches the necklace carefully. His forehead wrinkles increase. That necklace...

Suddenly there’s an announcement through loudspeakers that the train with the destination to Busan is leaving soon.

“Oh, I have to leave now,” said Dara while collecting her belongings and stood up.

Jiyong also stands up, although he is still busy digging his memories. There’s something about the necklace. Where had he seen the necklace? Where? All of a sudden Jiyong gasps. He remembers it now.

He looks up and looks at Dara. The girl has arrived at the train door and is waving at him. Jiyong almost raises his own hand to wave back, when suddenly he feels a great urge to do something. Without thinking, Jiyong calls out Dara’s name and jogs towards the girl who is about to get in the train.

Dara turns around and looks at Jiyong with a surprised look and frown. “Why are you shouting like that?” She asked in a low tone. “Later people will think that I’ve stolen your wallet or something.”

Jiyong doesn’t answer right away. He looks at Dara while smiling broadly. “Dee.”

“What’s wrong?”

Jiyong looks down and laughs softly, laughing at his own rash attitude.

Feeling surprised by Jiyong’s attitude, Dara asks once again, “What’s wrong?”

Jiyong looks back at Dara’s face. He doesn’t understand what prompted him, but he feels that he has to say it now. No matter what Dara will think later, in essence Jiyong must say it. “Dee, I have something to ask you.”

“Yes?” Dara’s eyes widen, waiting.

“Can you forget Choi Seunghyun?”

Dara’s eyes raised high. “What?”

“Can you forget him,” Jiyong asked firmly, staring straight into Dara’s confused eyes, “and start to really... really see me?”

* * *

Oh! Dara feels her heart pounding. Her hand grips the iron handle on the doorstep of the train tightly. She blinks and looks at Jiyong. The man is indeed smiling, but for some reason Dara doesn’t feel that Jiyong was joking. No, the man is serious. Is Jiyong trying to say that he likes Dara?

Dara holds her breath, her eyes wide open, and her heart is pounding. What is this feeling? And why does she suddenly remember the event last night when she impulsively gave a peck to Jiyong’s cheek as an act of gratitude? Though she had clarified what her intention was and the man didn’t really mind, why couldn’t she forget it even for a bit? Gosh, her face must be like a tomato right now.

“You don’t need to say anything now,” Jiyong said as he put his hands into his jacket pocket, breaking Dara’s wandering thoughts. “I know it’s not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter