Epilogue

Losing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N You may or may not read this. Once again, thank you for your time reading this story <3

------

Some of us idealized love as the solution to every problem. Movies and books made love looked like the life's ultimate goal.

"All we need is love."
"Love is all that matters."
"Love conquers all."

We saw it like it's the solution to life's pain and struggle. Then what about respect, humility, trust and commitment?

Well, when love hit us. Everything will be perfect.

Fictional.

Love is more than that. Love is not only emotion and passion. The success of a relationship doesn't rely on that.

Sacrificing is normal in relationship. Sacrificing your own dreams, desires etc. No argument with that.

But sacrificing self respect, dignity, even ambitions and life purpose just to be with that someone. If we will just let that happen then we're already allowing love to ruin us.

And it will just leave us with a memory of a person we once were.

We should not overestimate the power of love because the truth is...

Love is not enough.

------

3rd Person Pov.

"Once again, congratulations to our Park Chorong for a very good performance in running this business." the CEO, which is Rong's dad proudly announced.

"I've been training her for years. And every single time that she got to spend her time with me privately. She's always worried. There were insecurities building up on her chest. I never spoonfed her. She always faced her own problem. When she messed up, she needed to find the solution by herself." He continued. The audience which are the board, the employees and others for that ceremony had their attention to the respectable man.

"She worked hard and I'm always be proud of her." as he said it. She looked at Chorong who's already teary eyed. Beside his daughter, is his wife, smiling proudly.

"My daughter always wanted to be the best. So she can prove her worth of the position. Her training here was tough, specially under my supervision." the crowd chuckled knowing how strict their CEO is.

"But she learned well. She learned to face her own failure. She learned to be good after she committed a mistake." he looked at her already crying daughter proudly.

"But the most important lesson you've learned is making all those difficult choices that may hurt the one you love..." some people gasped as the they were moved on the speech of their CEO about his daughter.

"Before I end my speech. I have this great news for everyone. And it is my pride to announce, that our Rongie, Park Chorong has agreed to become the *Park MonteCom* OIC chief" everyone clapped as Chorong stood up and bowed to everyone.

"She wanted to learn more before officially take over the company. I hope you all support her and took this opportunity to learn from each other." he stated before he walked towards his daughter to hug her.

Chorong felt so happy. Knowing how her father trusted her is just overwhelming to her. And now, everyone in their company already see her as a trustworthy woman. And not just a woman who inherited her position from her family.

------
Meanwhile ~~~

Thank you so much. To my family and friends. To our glory God and to everyone who actually believe and supported me since day 1 of this coffee shop.

Four years ago. I've been stuck in the daily grind of life. I graduated without any plans of how my life would be. I was afraid but some people said that it is a normal feelings of someone who's in the middle of taking the step into the real life.

I found out that I've been accepting what life throws to me instead of pursuing my dreams. Most of us did it right? Most of us never explore of our potential.

This cafe is not what exactly what I dreamed about.

This is not what I stated on my kindergarten days when I was asked of what I wanted to be when I grow up.

This is not what I answered to the essay I wrote several years ago with the question of where do I see myself in 5 years.

But life loves plot twists. Some changes can affect your perspective in life. And change is inevitable.

It's just I found myself trying. Sometimes, we imagine how our dreams can make us happy and comfortable without knowing that reality can make something more than that.

What is more important however is your willingness to give 100% of your capability. Always do your best and you will be surprised at how much you can achieve.

-----

"Again, let us congratulate Ms. Yoon Bomi for a very good performance of running her own coffee shop. A job well done indeed." the MC announced.

Everyone clapped as Bomi bowed to the crowd after receiving the recognition of having the fastest rising business in town.

She immediately ran to her family and hugged them tightly.

"Congratulations. You truly deserve this." her mom stated while wiping her tears.

Tears of joy seeing that her daughter really grown up.

Everything just got to be on it's own place. As Bomi already realized the importance of self-respect and self-confidence, she managed her business well. With the help of her unnie, Sekyung ofcourse.

"Congratulations Bomi, you really deserve everything." Sekyung hugged the younger.

Bomi had never been satisfied of her own achievements. She always think she can do better.

Until that day.

She's so much happy and overwhelmed with the happenings. But she won't forget the most important lesson she learned.

To be good and always be kind.

"So you'll attend to the wedding?" Sekyung asked curiously.

Bomi was dumbfounded with the sudden question but she smiled.

"Of course."

------

Bomi's pov.

I was actually late to the wedding because of heavy traffic. I sighed before I hit the steering wheel in frustration.

Damn! Of all days, why I have to be late today. I harshly breathe as a sign of defeat that I the chance of missing the actual wedding and just proceed to the after party is my only choice.

But like how a miracle can strike in span of seconds. The traffic is slowly gone. And I found myself gazing straight ahead, determined to arrived to her wedding before it will be finished.

"Now may those who wear these rings live in love all their days. Now may the love, which has brought you together, continue to grow and enrich your lives. May the happiness you share today be with you always. And may everything you have said and done here today become a living truth in your lives."

As expected, I am already late, it is almost finished. I silently settled myself at the corner as I watched her.

She still looked beautiful as ever. She's smiling, looking so happy. She's still looked younger than me. I guess that will be forever a fact.

I glanced at the surroundings to noticed how perfect it is. A garden wedding. The same wedding I dreamed about.

I remember the moment when I realized that our love would live forever. That when the world told me it's not. A part of me died and I wish I could tell which part that is.

The part of me that just died gives room for healing and growth. That I get the opportunity to rewrite and redefine the person myself.

"Therefore in the honesty and sincerity of what you have said and done here today and by the power vested in me, it is my honour and delight to declare you married and partners in life...for life."

"You may seal your vows with a kiss."

I glanced at the married couple, the moment they kissed. My tears fell.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you her mom? Why are you crying?." Hayoung attacked as she realized that I'm already here. I didn't realized that she's already beside me.

"I'm just genuinely happy for them." I answered and chuckled out of embarassment.

"It seems like you're watching someone you love falls for someone else and getting married. You can be casted in a drama unnie." Hayoung rebuked again. I glared at her and gladly, she stopped.

We took a picture with the married couple and as they were already busy with picture taking with the others, we settled ourselves in a table for the after party.

"Chorong unnie!! Here..." Hayoung called her and she joined our table. I smiled at her and she returned with a smile.

I could feel my heartbeat. This is the first time seeing her again this close after she left my apartment that day. As I saw her from afar earlier, I can stare at her but now that she's this close. Now, I can't.

"Hi." I greeted shyly.

"Long time no see." she greeted back and then she smiled. I thought my chest will burst out that time.

Before I even say another word. The married couple approaches our table for another picture.

"Eunji unnie, Bomi unnie was crying when you and Naeun unnie kissed. She's against on your wedding." Hayoung teased me as everyone on our table laughed. I glanced at Rong unnie to see her laughing too. I blushed out of embarassment.

I will kill Hayoung later.

"Sorry Bomi unnie, this eye smiling girl is already mine." Naeun teased also. gosh. What did I do to deserve this awkwardness.

They already settled theirselves on their special table in front. The program started as both sides o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter