Hold On (Part 5)

Losing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Rong's pov.

I woke up earlier than usual. I fixed myself and groaned when I saw my face in the mirror. Bloodshot eyes~~

I walked towards the terrace to have some fresh air. I saw my dad resting there reading a newspaper while my mom was ironing clothes.

"Goodmorning dad." I kissed him on his cheeks as I greeted him.

"Morning Rongie." he greeted back while focused on reading.

"Let's go?" My mom suddenly appeared beside me. I looked at her confusedly.

"We used to go to Han river for a jog every weekend." my mom explained.

"Wanna join us?" my dad asked.

-----

We were in Han river as my mom and dad occupied themselves by jogging. I sat down in one of the benches while having the fresh air.

My eyes stayed at one family having their bonding moments as they were having a picnic. They really looked happy.

I looked around to see a lot of people here today. Bomi used to hang out here whether she's happy or upset.

I used to find her here whenever she's upset with me of scolding her.

That memory just made me realize who I was. And who am I today.

I smiled bitterly with the thought and then my dad sad beside me.

"Where's mom?" I asked.

She's over there. He pointed into the dancing group like exercising. It is lead by a group and anyone who wanted to join can dance with them.

I chuckled when I saw my mom there. She's really enjoying herself.

"Bomi made her to join that morning routine exercise every weekend." my dad recalled.

"They really hangout a lot?" I asked curiously.

"Not really. But we forgot to say that when she stopped visiting us. It became us who's been visiting her when it's weekend." I was surprised with the thought that Bomi and my parents still catch up till today.

"Please, enlighten me." I demanded.

"Remember the coffee shop I'm telling you? She's the..."

"Ahh. She works there." I cut him off.

He looked at me confusedly.

"We ate there first when we met for reunion with our other friends. And she's on duty that time." I explained.

"I see." my dad simply stated. And our conversation was cut off when my mom is already here.

"We used to go to that cafe after here. Will you accompany us today Rong?" my dad asked and I find myself nodding.

I was nervous on the way to the cafe. Bomi's cafe to be exact.

Of course, I know that she's the owner. The moment I entered that coffee shop, the ambiance, the style, the designs, the photographs. It's all Bomi's style. It gave me a feeling of home in which I'm unwelcomed anymore.

We arrived on the coffee shop. We took the seat on the corner. My dad said that they used to sit there.

Dad volunteered himself to order which so he left me and my mom for a moment. I glanced at the counter to see Sekyung unnie there. My dad seems close to her too.

Why does it seems like she's close to everyone? I breathe harshly that I got the attention of my mom.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

I just nodded.

"I forgot to say no sugar for my hot chocolate" I simply stated. I was about to follow my dad when.

He came back laughing. "Aysh, that kid is really something... She asked me how old am I again cause she noticed that I look younger today." he stated.

"And you believe her?" my mom rebuked.
"Yah, honey please just support me!!" my dad whined which I find.... Disgusting...

I chuckled with the craziness of my parents.

As I glanced to the counter again Bomi is already there preparing for our drinks while that other unnie is helping her in anyway she can.

I'm not jealous.

But I envy her. She spend her time with Bomi everyday.

It was supposed to be me. I looked away and occupied myself by staring at the paintings and photographs around the coffee shop.

But as I said it. I'm not jealous.
"If looks could kill, they would have died right now." my dad teased. I realized that I'm staring for a long time. If staring is the right term.

"Are they together?" I asked myself. But loud enough for my parents to hear it. I facepalmed because of my stupidness.

"What do you think Rongie?" they answered me with another question. I took a deep breathe.

"They looked good together." I almost choked with my answer. But I pretend to be focused with other things.

My parents glanced at the counter which made me glanced at it too. Only to see that unnie wiping the invisible sweat in Bomi's face.

Damn. Why am I here again?

The pain hits me once again. I can't remember the times that I really took care for her. It's always been me who's being take care of.

Bomi always worked hard but all I could see are the things that she couldn't do.

Now she has someone who can take care of her. Gives her hugs intead of the cold stare I used to give. I hope she can treats her well.

It's a pity that when I've grown...

When I realized what really matters to me... It's too late...

She's no longer with me...

Now, this is me pretending not to care because it hurts to remember those good times we had.

When everything is not as horrible as it is.

"Pretending not to care is the habit of a person who genuinely cares the most." my dad said as he looked straight to my eyes.

"You're not even aware how lucky you are. Sometimes a second chance is given because time was not ready for the first. But not everyone is given that chance." mom whispered.

"All you have to do is to take a move...don't overthink about impossible things."

I was dumbfounded. "What do you mean?" I asked when a person suddenly placed the coffee on our table.

"Here's your two brewed coffee and one Hot Chocolate."

"Ah. Rongie forgot to say no sugar for the hot chocolate. I guess it's not that sweet? Right Bomi." my mom asked the server of our drinks.

"It's sugar free... Unnie." she casually stated.

The thought of her remembering small details about me just added to the guilt that I feel.

I avoided her eyes because I'm afraid that she would see how much I'm longing for her.

"We're not able to see you here for the past weeks Bomi. How are you? Would you like to join us?" dad asked. I subconciously move aside of my seat. Lowkey hoping that she would join.

"I was busy for the past weeks. I attended some seminars for further improvement of this cafe." she answered. As she gave me a sly smile when she noticed my small movement.

"I would love to join but there are lot of customers today. Sekyung unnie would kill me." she chuckled which made my parents too.

"I guess we'll see you around then." my dad offered a handshake which she immediately accepted.

"Please enjoy your drinks." she smiled and when she looked at me...

She gave me a smile. If that is the right term. She was smiling a little. It is something different with her cheeky smile. It looked like a smile of a child who's controling herself not to weep.

"Unnie." I just nodded and my eyes followed her as she walked away.

-----

Bomi's pov.

Love is that kind of thing which is tricky.

It will make you believe that it is the best thing in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter