Letter (Part 1)

Losing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rong's pov.

I was currently on stage, receiving the diploma and certificate that I worked hard for the past 2 years. My masteral degree.

Suffering, that is how I called it. But no, it was more than that. I was like a robot for the past years knowing that I chose this path than to walk with her on our planned way.

I smiled at the camera, beside me are my parents who's also smiling proudly.

"Thank you for this Rongie, we are so proud of you." my mom stated proudly.

Making them proud is always my priority. That's why I took this masters in business here in US in order to take part of our own business in Korea.

"You can breathe now Chorongie. Do you want to go somewhere else? Tomorrow will be our flight back to Korea." my dad said.

"It's okay Dad, let's just have our dinner in my favorite restaurant here for our celebration." I answered.

"Whatever my baby wanted." my dad chuckled as he said it louder when he noticed that there were some of my classmates staring and waiting for a chance to approach me.

 

 

"Yahh. Dad, I'm not a kid anymore." I whined and my mom just looked at us lovingly.


-----

We arrived safely in Korea. Gosh!! I missed it so much that I noticed that some areas already change.

I took a picture of the surroundings and posted it on my instagram with a caption "Finally."

A glimpse of someone's image popped out on my mind.

"Ahh. This can't be. That was 2 years ago." I thought.

------

Bomi's pov

I crumpled the letter as I read it again. Just like this paper. I am a mess inside. Something inside me is aching, continuously for the past two years.

There is something that I lost. Something that I tried so hard to regain but failed to.

Basically, this is the last letter I received from her before she left. Everyday, I always tried so hard to pin point the cause of my pain but always failed.

I went to my work as I normally do, everyday I will go to work, eat when needed, serve, close the cafe and then go home.

It's almost 2 years that my life became like this. In my heart, I withdrew the worst things I have said. It doesn't even reflect you.

You worked really hard but what I saw is just the moment you chose to leave. I was full of anger. I was full of pain.

Whenever I imagine that maybe she's happy now. Even without me. I was addicted to anger. Whenever things just take place, whenever things are perfect, I always look for a fault. And that's how my life for the past 2 years.

"Bomi." Eunji called me. I didn't even know she's here.

"What do you want?" I snapped which made her looked down, but I didn't feel any sign of conscience. I'm too tired for that.

"She's back." she uttered.

I was surprised but I managed to hide it well. I gave her a blank emotion.

"And then?" I asked.

"Namjoo r-requested f-for a reunion." what's with the stuttering. I looked at her confusedly.

"I'm not coming." I simply stated then I grab the keys of this cafe.

"Sekyung unnie I got to go. Please take charge in closing." I handed her the keys.

"Yes Ma'am." as she said that I glared at her.

"Okay, Okay! Bomi" she raised her hands as a sign of defeat. "Take care of yourself." she added.

She's the person I trusted the most since I started this Cafe, she helped me a lot to manage this and I'm really grateful for that. This is the main branch and thankfully some investors got interested that made this cafe had 8 more branches in different cities. Of course, I stayed here in the main branch and take charge in working as cashier or even a server or barista.

I walked towards the exit when Eunji blocked my way.

"We planned to do it here."

"Oh. You already planned everything, what's the point of asking me anyway."

"Bomi, it's been almost 2 years."

"Don't even start with that." I glared at her for a moment and then walked pass her towards the exit.

Since it's tuesday, I decided to go to the bar and just have fun. The cafe is close every wednesday for the maintenance check.

Loud music, loud voices, men and women who looked older than they are, shot glasses, couples in seclude places. I started to get dizzy even if I didn't drink anything.

I found a place on the corner and I decided to put myself there after I got my drink.

Atleast, there's no longer the smell of smoke here.

How can she left me broken into pieces? God knows how much I tried to put myself together. But, still there's a missing piece in my heart that she stole. That's why I ended up struggling of putting myself back.

Flashback~~~

"Why you didn't tell me about the your Culinary arts scholarship in Canada?"

"Unnie, I'm not planning to accept that. You know how I love it here."

"Then that's it? You will just waste such opportunity? Really Bomi?"

"Unnie, I'm tired. Please, let's not fight."

"Exactly! You drowned yourself to a job that you don't even know if it's stable. We both know that Cafe is almost near to be bankrupt." she scolded. Just like the old times.

"That's why I'm serving them! I wanted to help. The owner is suffering a lot. Even if I don't have enough salary. I wanted to save the business!" I can't help but to rebuked. She's really getting into my nerves.

"NO! You won't understand, cause you grew up in a wealthy family. You won't understand how a person risk everything he had for that Cafe." I added.

"What are you saying?" I could see the anger in her eyes. But my emotion took all over me too. I've been holding this for almost a year. She's been too controlling about my life.

"Unli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter