The Help of J-hope

Polaroïd and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Help of J-hope

 

2018

 

“It’s broken!” Taehyung kept saying in disbelief.

 

It’s been days now that the young painter was sitting on his chair near the window, face to the Lake. He could not make up his mind that his Polaroid lost all its magic. Why could he not communicate with Yoongi anymore?

 

“It’s broken” he repeated again in an undertone.

 

Taehyung felt a heavy weight on his stomach. He was unsure which pain was worse… the shock of what happened or the ache for what never would.

 

Life seemed suddenly aimless.

 

Nothing could warm his heart, even his paintings or his friends. He remembered how Jungkook tried to find a plausible explanation and how he said that the Polaroid surely had an expired date; but Taehyung was too angry to listen to him that day. He had screamed at him to leave his house and since then did not pick up his calls, neither Jimin’s. He did not open the door to them. He just stayed on his chair looking at Jung Hoseok’s Lake.

For sure it was not Jungkook’s fault; Taehyung knew that. But ‘’ this one was the last one using the camera… and now this ‘’ happened.

 

But soon, the rage turned into despair when all the pictures of Yoongi started to become blurry… erasing Yoongi on each of them. Indeed, what used to be Yoongi’s picture from the future turned into simple picture of Taehyung’s house.

All the magic was gone.

That picture of Yoongi playing on his piano was now a picture of Taehyung’s living room. The picture of Yoongi making a cake was now a picture of Taehyung’s kitchen. The picture of Yoongi smiling, laid on his bed became the picture of Taehyung’s bedroom.

All the magic was gone.

Gone.

As if it was only a dream. As if Yoongi never existed.

Taehyung tried to remember the last picture of Yoongi, but realized his memory was also blurry, because at that time he had no idea it would be the last.

So, Taehyung cried everyday, folding the Polaroid against his heart. It hurt the absence of someone who was once there.

 

 

***

 

“Did I already it up?” wondered Jungkook after an umpteenth attempt to call his friend. “How am I supposed to make Taehyung meet Yoongi if he does not go out of his freaking house?” He wondered out loud.

 

Jungkook was sitting on a bench, waiting for Jimin to finish his acting class. The first step of his ‘PLAN’ was to meet Jin. Actually, it was Jungkook only plan… He did not have any strategy, as he preferred to curse Yoongi and himself from the future for giving HIM this task.

 

“They did not even help me with anything…” He said to himself, pouting.

 

Indeed, the more Jungkook was thinking about the whole situation, the more he realized that he knew nothing about the so-called Jin. His face for example!

 

He sighed. When suddenly, a young man with old fashion clothes sat next to him... Maybe a bit too close at Jungkook’s taste.

Jungkook looked at the man who seemed a bit older than him and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Can I help you?” He asked; his eyebrow still arched.

 

“Not really.” The man smiled broadly. “But maybe you need a bit of my help.”

 

Jungkook blinked before suppressing a laugh.

“I don’t even know you.” He chuckled.

 

“Well, you can call me J-hope” The other continued to smile; making Jungkook wonder why this man was even smiling so widely for.

 

“J-hope hm?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“And on what matter would you help me with?” Jungkook questioned, suppressing another nervous laugh.

 

“Are you not planning to change the past?” J-hope grinned from ear to ear, causing the younger to choke on his breath.

 

“Wha-what?” Jungkook managed to voice but before the strange man next to him could answer, he felt a hand on his shoulder that make him jump and turn around.

 

“With who are you talking to?” Jimin asked his younger friend.

 

Jungkook who was still confused, blinked at Jimin and turn around again pointing his finger on J-hope but at his surprise this one disappeared.

 

“There was a guy right here just seconds ago!” Jungkook said in his shock.

 

“Are you okay Kookie?” Jimin giggled.

 

“No…” Jungkook whispered. “I guess I am not okay” he said in an undertone but Jimin who did not hear him, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter