Polaroid, Paper & Pen

Polaroïd and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Polaroid, Paper, Pen

 

 

29 June 2019

 

“How is this possible?” Yoongi murmured, trying to register the last picture of Taehyung. “But…”

 

But despite every cell in his being trying to convince him that was impossible, trying to find a logical answer, Yoongi believed him. Taehyung as he wrote on his last picture was living in 2018 while Yoongi was indeed living in 2019. And oddly this explanation was the only one who made sense. It would explain why their houses looked alike… They actually looked alike because they are the same. They lived both next to Jung Hoseok Lake, no doubt about that, the only thing was they did not live there at the same time-lapse…

 

Click.

Another picture.

 

‘Yoongi! Look at your floor next to the kitchen doorframe’ Taehyung indicated him.

 

Yoongi obliged and checked the doorframe. -Nothing special- he thought, so he raised an eyebrow and sent his puzzled face to Taehyung.

 

‘Look again’ Taehyung sent him in return with a cocky smile making Yoongi roll his eyes yet smile.

 

And at his surprise the wood floor was suddenly oddly broken on the side, as if someone hit on it, months ago…

 

‘Look inside the parquet’ Taehyung boxy smiled and Yoongi could feel how excited this one was.

But most of all he could feel how his heart was beating so fast in his chest. Was it because of Taehyung’s grin or the adrenaline of this unrealistic reality to talk with someone from the past? He did not know. He in fact did not take the time to think more than that as he took off the small piece of the wood floor next to the doorframe and saw what was hidden under the parquet. Yoongi frowned: a letter.

 

‘Dear Yoongi,

 

It’s me Taehyung… Of course it’s me. Who else?

Well… I can’t believe I am writing this letter and that you’ll read it ‘now’ for you and one year later for me. I can’t believe that we are leaving such an experience… But I do believe that every thing comes for a reason and I think that we met for a reason. And to be honest, the advantage of leaving one year before you is that I can drop you some letters here and there like surprise gift. Because yes… my letter right here is no more no less than a gift. That’s the first one and I hope you won’t bother if there are more to come.’

 

And indeed there were more to come.

That day, Yoongi and Taehyung played cat and mouse: Taehyung hiding letters all around the place and Yoongi answering to him through pictures (and sometimes asking him to not destroy the house in his quest to find the ‘perfect’ hiding place at the detriment of the floor or the wallpaper).

 

Through this letter-writing-pictures correspondence, they both learnt what was the other favourite movie and music; they debated about the best football finale; they joked about their satoori accent when they learnt that both were coming from Daegu; they shared their dreams and hopes but also their failures. They talked about anything, about everything and never they seemed tired.

Taehyung even told Yoongi that is was in fact a painter but refused to reveal his stage name (‘a surprise for later’ he thought teasingly).

 

‘I will find out what’s your stage name Taehyung!’ Yoongi challenged while Taehyung just took a selfie of him laughing.

‘And you already know that I am a pianist. That’s not fair! I should not tell you my job first!’ Yoongi rolled his eyes on the next picture.

 

He was expecting Taehyung to take another photograph of himself with a large and mocking grin but this one, just wrote on a note:

‘I wonder how your music sounds… I wish I can hear you play…’

 

‘I wish I can hear your voice. Basics.' Yoongi answered, and Taehyung’s heart dropped in his stomach.

Because, he, also, wished he could hear Yoongi’s voice and most of all touch his skin that looked so pale and brush his black hair that looked so soft and slick.

 

‘I wish I can hear your laugh…’ Taehyung sent back.

 

But Yoongi did not answer immediatelly. He just sat there in the middle of the room, looking at Taehyung’s note. A thought crossing his mind like a fireball: the wish of smelling Taehyung’s perfume. His scent. The most primitive sense.

 

‘You still can hear me play’ Yoongi finally replied. ‘But promise me to stop destroying this house and the floor with your letters!’

 

Taehyung burst out laughing and sent a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter