Jung Hoseok's Lake

Polaroïd and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Hoseok's Lake

 

28 june 2018

 

“So? You did not try to take another picture?” Jimin asked and Taehyung shook his head no.

 

“Why?” Jungkook questioned in his turn, before taking a mouthful of kimchi.

 

“It’s not my turn…” Taehyung answered in an undertone.

 

“Your turn?” the two friends said in unison.

 

It’s been four days that the camera did not click.

Trustfully Taehyung felt a little bit sad that he got no new pictures since he captured himself asking ‘Do you believe in magic… Yoongi?’

Do you believe in magic.... was one of the most questions that was mostly asked in history and especially to children. As Taehyung grew up, he started to stop caring about magic and stop believeing in the unkonwn or the things he could not see. When he reached a curtain stage, he started to develop fear. He believed in fear and not magic, cause fear was what he could see and feel and magic was unknown to him. Then he saw Harry Houdini, one of the most popular magicians of all time saying 'Fear is not reality, it's just your reaction to it'. Since then Taehyung started to believe in the things he throw away as child and stop fearing fo what he knew. His adulthood ruined his believes and fear helped it to die. He started to believe in magic and stop being afraid, after all fear did not define him.

So with this Polaroid, he needed to try, to check...  'Check what?' He did not know exactly but for the sake of God, this camera was maybe a magic object from another world. After all, there was no battery inside, and still it took and printed pictures from another reality.

 

“Here is my theory: every time Yoongi is-”

 

“Yoongi?” said again the friends in unison.

 

“Yoongi is his name. Remember?”

 

“Yeah but it’s weird to hear you say his name so casually” Jimin giggled.

 

“Well…” Taehyung continued. “I think every time Yoongi takes picture, I receive it. It would explain why the camera is printing so randomly. And when I TAKE pictures I have a picture of what he is going on in his dimension at the exact same time. But to prove my point I need him to answer me first… So I am not using the Pola until then.”

 

“That’s insane Tae…” Jimin almost murmured. “My theory: the camera is broken and every time you take pictures, it prints some old photos stuck on it... and it does also randomly.”

 

“Then how would you explain that the camera works without battery or that every time I took a picture of something, it’s a picture of the exact same spot but… different… Like the same version of our reality but in a parallel universe?”

 

“You need to stop reading Stephen King bro.” Jungkook chuckled, taking another mouthful of kimchi.

 

“It’s the only valid explana-” Taehyung started to reply but the click of the camera made him stop. All staring at the Polaroid printing a new picture.

 

28 june 2019

 

“If it works…” Yoongi said to himself, his heart racing so fast in his chest he thought it could explode.

 

He took the picture that had been just printed and he knew it would not be a picture of him with his notes and his piano behind him. He knew it would not be.

And he was right. It was instead a picture of Taehyung with two other young men around his age, one was eating sitting on the floor and the other one was laying on the couch lazily, while Taehyung was standing next to them, visibly talking passionately as his hands was up to the air.

 

Yoongi sighed.

He had always been a very rational person, he did not believe in fantasy, time travel or aliens. He believed that everything happened for a reason. He believed in logic and science. However, against all odds, against all logic he captured himself with a paper responding to this Taehyung. It really did not make sense, but Yoongi did not know anymore what was making sense or not.

He did not know what to expect and he was afraid.

 

He past the last four days looking around his house to see if there was no camera or proof that this Polaroid was not just a part o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter