A Curse or A Blessing?

Polaroïd and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Curse or A Blessing?

 

27 July 2018

 

Click.

Taehyung feebly opened his eyes at the sound but when he realized it was his Polaroid working again, he jumped from the couch where he was sleeping and ran to the camera.

 

“Yoongi?” He exclaimed.

 

Yoongi was finally giving him news after ten days of silence.

Ten long days.

Days he felt alone. Days he questioned himself if he did not change the continuum reality because he met and talked to Yoongi in this bar. His friends also tried to cheer him up, saying ‘life goes on’ but to Taehyung that was the saddest part.

So hearing the so familiar click of the Polaroid made his heart stop.

 

Taehyung took the photograph that just had been developed and frowned.

It was a picture of a piece of paper where Yoongi wrote:

‘Taehyung…’

 

“That’s it?”. He said surprised, grabbing a piece of paper in his turn and wrote on it without further delay.

 

‘WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? What is it supposed to mean? Did we meet? Did I knock at your door? Where have you been???! You rascal! You make me worry!’

 

But before he could capture his note, Taehyung received another picture from Yoongi where he could read.

 

‘I love you, Taehyung.’

 

His heart stopped for a moment.

He smiled, then cried, fondling the picture against his chest.

 

 

27 July 2019

 

“I have to save him… I have to” Yoongi said, with a knock in his stomach.

 

“I know.” Jin solemnly answered as they walked to the umpteenth house that was supposed to be Jimin’s.

 

“So… Why are we walking in circle?!” Yoongi asked as he started to lose his patience. “You said you know where Jimin lived!” He said between his teeth, standing in front of the door.

 

“Yeah…” Jin rubbed the back of his neck. “I know the street but the exact house is another story…”

 

“Well, are you sure it’s this one?” Namjoon questioned.

 

For the last days, the three friends were knocking at all the houses of Bulgong Street, looking for Jimin.

They even tried to look for the man on the Internet but Park Jimin was a really common name. They felt like they rang at every single doors of the long street and this last house was their last hope.

 

“Ready?” Namjoon asked Yoongi who nodded and rang at the doorbell without more ado.

 

Silence.

 

He rang again.

 

Silence.

 

Yoongi was about to sigh when finally they heard clear footsteps inside the habitat.

 

“Jimin? Park Jimin?” Yoongi almost screamed.

 

“And who is asking him?” a voiced said behind the heavy wooden door.

 

“Hum…” Yoongi shared a look with his friends, before voicing reluctantly. “Yoongi. Min Yoongi. I lived at Hoseok’s Lak-”

 

The door cracked at the same moment, revealing a sad and tired man, with two dark rings under his eyes. Certainly Jimin was a good-looking man but now he just looked like a mess. After all, Jimin was Taehyung’s best friend and surely Taehyung’s death impacted him in a way his physical appearance could not hide.

 

“Hey Jimin!” Jin said awkwardly. “Do you remember me? I’m Jin from the acting scho-”

 

“You!” Jimin cut in a groan, grabbing Yoongi’s collar violently.

 

“Hey” Yoongi yelped, while his friends tried to untie the strong grip.

 

“It’s YOUR fault!” Jimin cried out. “How dare you come in here!” He raged and Yoongi understood why Jimin reacted so violently.

 

“I’m sorry” Yoongi said calmly.

 

At these words, Jimin started crying loudly, undoing his hold on Yoongi’s clothe as he collapsed on his chest while sobbing. Yoongi gently hugged him, rubbing his back.

 

“I’m sorry for what happened.” Yoongi repeated softly. “But now I will fix it.”

 

Jimin raised his head and looked at him confused.

 

“I can talk with the Taehyung of 2018, remember?” He smiled slightly. “So I will make sure to protect him. But for that I need to know what happened exactly…”

 

Jimin wiped his tears and nodded. He feebly waved at Jin and entered in his house, whispering a small ‘come in’.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter