About Time

Polaroïd and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About Time

 

5 July 2019

 

‘Goodnight Taehyung.’

 

Once again Yoongi had a late night conversation with the person he was falling for. He did not mind losing sleep over for Taehyung. He did not mind sitting on his rooftop, watching the stars and comparing his sky with Taehyung’s at 4 am. He did not mind cancelling his nights out with his friends to talk about life through notes with someone he never met before. He did not mind taking pictures all the way from good morning to good night… because Taehyung was special.

And he knew he was falling for him. He knew it when his late night pictures became his favourite part of his routine. When he could just wake up every night whenever he heard the Polaroid clicked -printing a picture of Taehyung- and those dark circles under his eyes became his own jewel.

 

6 July 2018

 

‘Goodnight and sweet dreams Yoongi’

 

Once again Taehyung talked to Yoongi all night. He was sure the next morning he would die from the lack of sleep but Yoongi was worth every minute.  Yoongi was special. He realized it that moment when he was really getting sleepy but then he could see that the other was enjoying his conversation so he helped himself to stay awake for him. Never he felt this way for someone… Someone he never properly saw either.

But what amazed him the most was how he got used to stare at Yoongi’s photos and smile for no particular reason. And every time it happened, he was feeling a pain in his guts because he was missing Yoongi. He was missing him the most at night. When everything was quiet and the silence reminded him that he was not sleeping next to him; knowing that the days that followed would consist of looking forward to talking to his Yoongi without being able to touch him.

 

8 July 2019

 

Click!

Yoongi captured a frog close to the lake to show Taehyung, this one capturing a squirrel. Walking around Jung Hoseok’s Lake, the two men were doing a promenade from a different dimension: both of them in their time-lapse, yet together.

 

8 July 2018

 

Taehyung smiled when Yoongi sent another picture; but this time it was not a frog but a selfie of him. Taehyung bit his lips because he really wanted to kiss Yoongi’s photos; a new feeling that he was enduring for a moment now… maybe since the first time he saw Yoongi’s photo. He closed his eyes and kissed the photography slowly. Then sighed. He was surely losing his mind, but he did not really care because he could lose his mind over and over again for Yoongi if you asked him. What is because of the way they met or maybe the feeling of being soulmates… Maybe both, but one thing for sure Taehyung was happy in his bubble with Yoongi.

 

His heart was beating for him, his smile, his piercing eyes, his smirk, his pale skin, his handwriting, his music, his lame jokes. Nothing was more exciting than hearing this click so specific to the Polaroid and receiving a picture of Yoongi sharing another mundane detail of his day.

 

‘I like your smile!’ He admitted on his next note, but before capturing it, he grabbed his pen again and drew a heart on the paper.

 

He bit his lips nervously again - afraid of Yoongi’s reaction.

 

‘So cheesy’ Yoongi answered and drew the smallest heart beside his note. It was small, but it was there. It was there and that was all it counted for the painter.

 

“Screw me” he said as he was staring at Yoongi’s picture. “I am in love”.

 

 

12 July 2019

 

‘But you spoiled me the whole book!’ Yoongi wrote in his photo.

 

‘Lol I thought you were at chapter 15!’ Taehyung replied.

 

‘Chapter 5 I told you! How can you read this book that fast?’ The other answered back.

 

To that Taehyung just sent a picture of him with a smirk and a wink that made Yoongi laugh out loud at the cockiness.

 

This afternoon the two men decided to read the same book titled The Roommate on which they commented throughout their reading.

It was not unusual for them, to do the same thing at the same time such as watching the stars, listening to music, reading a book and even eating the same meal.

It was a way to share their everyday life with the other. To feel connected.

Yoongi would share with Taehyung what kind of pianist he admired and Taehyung would take picture of paintings that inspired him – Yoongi still trying to figure out what was Taehyung’s alias.

 

But this day was a little bit different because Yoongi sighed a little bit too much whenever Taehyung sent him a picture. Not because he was tired of him but because he was tired of those ‘good morning’ photos, those ‘bon appétit written on a piece of paper with a heart drawn aside’, those picture of Taehyung laughing… Because Yoongi did not want to see a picture of Taehyung laughing anymore, he wanted to hear the freaking sound of it. He wanted to see how his eyes turned slowly into crescent and his lips into this boxy smile.

Yoongi wanted to wake up with Taehyung beside him in the mornings, and caress his hair gently, whispering to his ear a breathy ‘good morning’ as his hand would travel from his hair to his cheek! He wanted to spend his evenings looking at him across the dinner table and wiped the sauce at the corner of his mouth with his thumb then it. He wanted to fall asleep with him in his arms.

 

Click another picture from Taehyung.

‘If you don’t hurry up to chapter 15, I would spoil you more muahahahah.’

 

Yoongi chuckled and rolled his eyes.

‘You’re such a ing tease’ he replied with a smile because he knew Taehyung was roaring with laughter at his own jest and the simple image of him laughing always made him smile.

 

 

15 July 2018

 

“KIM TAEHYUNG!” A voice screamed behind the door of his house.

 

Taehyung startled as he was taking a picture of him to share it with Yoongi.

 

“Open this door!” the person said again and Taehyung could recognize the high-pitched voice of his friend Jimin.

 

Taehyung opened the door lazily and blinked at the sight of his friend crossing his arms on his chest visibly angry at him, and Jungkook beside him, obviously mad too.

 

“What’s up?” Taehyung simply said with a slight smile as he could guess why Jimin and Jungkook were furious.

 

“It’s been more than two weeks!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter