Six

Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her phone is still ringing. Dara doubts whether she should answer or not. She has seen the name appeared on her phone screen. From Mr. Yang. Today is Sunday and Dara shouldn’t work. Why is her boss calling? But Dara also knows that if the call is not answered, Mr. Yang will keep calling her until the sea dries up.

Finally she gives up and reaches for her phone.

“Hhe-lho...” One of the reasons she is lazy to answer the phone is because is sore and she can’t speak as usual. Now her voice is almost like a whisper of the wind.

On the other side, Mr. Yang’s voice is shrill. “Gosh, Miss Park. Why is your voice like a ghost? I know today is Sunday, but I have to keep calling you for help. Can you deliver clothes to Kwon Jiyong, huh? We are very busy here. Yes, very busy. Nobody has time to bring his clothes. Please help me to deliver them to his house. Do you know his address? Of course not, I’m so stupid. Well... where’s the address? Wait a minute... Mrs. Cha ... MRS. CHA! Where do I put Kwon Jiyong’s address? Please find it for me. Miss Park, back to our conversation. Okay, I’ll text you Kwon Jiyong’s address as soon as I find it later. You can take his clothes from the boutique then go directly to his house. Thank you very much. Miss Park, you are very kind. Bye-bye!”

Dara hears the phone call is ended by Mr. Yang. She has no chance to speak at all. Even if she has a chance, she won’t be able to talk much. She breathes slowly and blows it slowly too. Maybe her boss will never change.

Dictator, Dara thought to herself as she glares at her phone. You better increase my salary or I’ll resign. Just see, who wants to work for you.

She said these words often, but she had never actually submitted a letter of resignation. Even though Mr. Yang is an impossible person, Dara feels she can learn a lot from him. Since her childhood, Dara likes fashion. So, even though the road isn’t always smooth, she is happy to be able to work with famous fashion designers who doesn’t hesitate to teach her many things.

Dara sips her hot tea again and sits up on the bed. It’s already noon, but she is still reluctant to get up from there. This morning when she wakes up, ached and her voice began to hoarse. Maybe this is the effect of all the screaming yesterday at Kwon Jiyong’s fan meeting. Yesterday she did scream with all her might with thousands of other fans. Regardless of what she shouted, she herself had forgotten. She just kept screaming to enliven the atmosphere. As a result, just whispering today is really hard!

Dara is just about to fall asleep again when she remembers Mr. Yang’s orders. Clucking her tongue in annoyance and cursing silently, she gets up and changes her clothes.

***

About an hour and a half later, Dara is standing at the door of Jiyong’s house in an elite residential area. She can only be amazed at heart. That night, when she first came there, she didn’t pay much attention to her surroundings. At that time she was frustrated. Now, Dara can see the shape of the house hidden behind the tall iron fence clearly. She lets her eyes feast as much as she can.

The two-story house is quite large, with white walls, a spacious veranda, and many glass windows. Dara likes the veranda on the second floor. She raises her hand to shade her eyes from the sun and looks up at the house feeling happy.

Then she reaches out and presses the doorbell.

Next came Jiyong’s voice from the intercom.

Dara hesitates. She clears , even though it doesn’t help at all, presses the intercom button, and mentions her name in a hoarse voice.

“What? Who? Sorry, the voice isn’t clear,” Jiyong’s voice was heard again.

Dara repeats her words while frowning. Jiyong should be able to see who is standing at the door. A big house like this must have a surveillance camera. Certainly. Why does the man have to make gets worse?

“I still don’t understand what you’re saying. But, fine. Just come in, Dara.”

Dara looks away and snorts. She knows, right? Jiyong already knows who is standing at the door.

Carrying a coat hanger with some clothes wrapped in plastic, Dara passes the iron fence that opened automatically, then pushes it to close with her feet. She climbs the steps to the big house.

Jiyong is waiting by the door. The man is wearing a gray loose shirt and black trousers. His hair is a bit messy because it isn’t arranged. Dara realizes Jiyong looks at her from head to toe, then the man’s gaze returns to her face. “What’s wrong with you? Which one hurts?” asked Jiyong without further ado.

Dara points to her neck.

“Have you taken any medicine?” asked Jiyong again.

Dara smiles and nods.

Jiyong looks at her, then asks, “Why do you come here?”

Dara shows him the clothes she is carrying. “Misther Yang…try chlothess…”

Jiyong waves his hand. “Gosh… I can’t stand hearing your horrible voice. Follow me, I have medicine for you. Come in.”

Dara tries to speak, but her neck is too torturous. Finally she obeys knowing she can’t fight Jiyong’s words in her condition. Just wait until her voice backs to normal.

Inside the house, she takes off her shoes and wears the home slippers shown by Jiyong.

The inside of the house is neatly arranged. All the furniture and decoration in the house seems luxurious. After putting the clothes on the nearest sofa, Dara watches the photos hanging on the wall. Most are photos of middle-aged man and woman. Dara suspects they are Jiyong’s parents. There are also some photos of Jiyong as a child, a teenager, and nowadays.

Dara is having so much fun watching the photos to the point that she doesn’t realize that Jiyong is standing beside her.

“Why do you have sore throat all of a sudden? I believe it was fine yesterday.” He asked.

“Yesterday…fan meeting…screamed,” Dara tried to explain brokenly.

Jiyong laughs. “Ah, so because yesterday you screamed? Stupid. Drink this,” he said, holding out a glass filled with thick brown liquid.

Dara accepts it with hesitation.

“Don’t worry. It isn’t an anesthetic. Just drink and soon your throat will be better.”

Dara looks at Jiyong who walks back to the kitchen. After hesitantly drinking the liquid, which turned out to be pretty good, she returns to look around the room. There’s a white grand piano in the living room that she doesn’t remember was there when she first came to the house. Dara the surface of the piano and opens the lid. She really can’t play a musical instrument, but she likes to listen to music. She presses one of the piano keys and smiles to herself.

“Yah, don’t hold it carelessly.”

Dara raises her head and sees Jiyong walking toward her. She waves her hands telling Jiyong to come while pointing at the piano.

“What?” asked Jiyong confused after standing near the piano.

“Play,” Dara whispers hoarsely as she moves her fingers like she is playing the piano.

“Do you want me to play the piano?”

Dara nods and pulls Jiyong to sit on the piano chair.

Jiyong sits reluctantly and says, “How much do you want to pay?”

“What?” Dara asked, moving her chin.

“How much do you want to pay for this performance?” Jiyong repeated.

Dara pushes the man’s shoulder and points at the piano firmly.

“Yeah, yeah, I understand,” said Jiyong.

A soft piano begins to be heard. Dara stands beside the piano, propping her chin on top of it while looking at Jiyong’s fingers dancing on the piano keys. When the tune played by the man finally stops, Dara claps her hands.

“Very good!” She said, then holds her neck. “Uh, my throat isn’t really hurt anymore.”

Jiyong smiles. “I told you the medicine works.”

“Play one more song,” begged Dara.

Suddenly there’s a phone ringing. Dara reaches into her pants’ pocket and takes out her phone. The look on her face changes when she sees the screen. She immediately answers the phone and walks away from Jiyong so he doesn’t hear her conversation.

“Hello? What is it, Minho-ssi?” Dara spoke in a low tone. “What? Now? I can’t. I’m…uh…”

“Is that a call from Seunghyun Hyung” exclaimed Jiyong loudly.

Dara jumps in surprise and hurriedly closes the phone with her hand. But it’s useless, Minho had heard the words clearl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter