Four

Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, is there any work schedule for me today? No? ... I’m outside. I have something to do ... Okay, see you later.”

Jiyong throws the airpod from his ear and returns to focusing on the street in front of him.

“It looks like here is the campus,” he murmured to himself while stopping the car on the side of the road. He unlocks his phone and about to presses the number nine when his movement stops.

He looks at Dara through the window of his car. The girl is walking out of the campus gate with a tall man. Jiyong continues to observe them when the man opens the door to his car for Dara and the girl gets in.

Jiyong locks the phone, throws it into the passenger seat beside him, and then turns on the car to follow the silver car.

Apparently they don’t go far. The silver car stops in front of a cafe and the two people come down. Jiyong stops the car across the road and stays in the car. He sees Dara and the man enter the cafe and, fortunately, occupy a table near the window. From his car, Jiyong can see both of them clearly. The man keeps smiling and talking while Dara also often smiles and occasionally responds to the man’s words.

Jiyong grabs his phone and presses the number nine. As soon as he hears the voice of the operator, Jiyong immediately closes his phone.

“Why is her phone turned off?” He asked irritably.

Jiyong watches Dara who is smiling at the waiter who delivers the drinks. He turns away then asks himself in a surprised voice, “Why should I care?”

He turns on the engine and drives the car roughly so the wheels squeake.

***

“Do you want to go home? What if I drop you off?”

Dara shakes her head and smiles. “No need. I don’t want to go home yet.”

Minho stands next to his car and asks again, “Where do you want to go? I can drop you off.”

Dara shakes her head again. “No need. You must be busy. Just go first.”

Since he couldn’t persuade Dara, Minho finally waves and gets in the car.

Dara watches the silver car turns around the corner and exhales. She turns and begins to walk slowly. Because she remembers that her phone is turned off, she reaches into her bag and turns on the communication device immediately after finding it. Suddenly her phone rings.

“Hello?” she said, attaching the phone to her ear.

“It’s me,” said the voice on the other side.

“Jiyong-ssi?” Dara is rather surprised to hear Jiyong’s voice.

“Where are you now?” asked Jiyong quickly.

“I ... oh ...” Dara looks around and mentions the place.

“Wait there.” Then without waiting for an answer, Jiyong immediately hangs up.

Dara looks at her phone in confusion. Wait here? Why? Does he want to come?

Dara is considering whether she should wait while standing on the side of the road or going back to the cafe when a red car stops right in front of her. The car window is lowered and Dara bents over to look inside. She sees Jiyong who is wearing sunglasses as usual sitting behind the steering wheel.

“Get in,” said the man briefly.

Dara snorts softly at the commanding tone in Jiyong’s voice, but she gets in the car too.

“Why are you coming so fast? Are you just around here?” Dara asked lightly as they drive down the road.

Jiyong doesn’t answer, just muttering unclear.

“Why do you look for me? Do we have to take pictures again?” Dara asked again, staring at Jiyong who is somehow strange today.

It seems like Jiyong can’t hold back his emotions anymore because he starts to grumble. “I tried to contact you earlier. Why is your phone turned off? Didn’t Hyung tell you to be ready at any time in case we contact you?”

Dara looks at Jiyong irritably. “Okay, I’m sorry. I just reactivated my phone. But haven’t you managed to contact me in the end?”

“What were you doing that you couldn’t answer the phone?” asked Jiyong while still staring straight at the road.

“I was with a friend,” Dara answered, then changes the subject. “Why are you looking for me? Where are we going?”

Dara sees Jiyong hesitating a little, then the man says, “I forget what I wanted to say after waiting for you for so long. But you better accompany me to buy something.”

“What do you want to buy?”

“Gifts for my fans,” said Jiyong, looking at Dara for a while, then looks back at the front. “For the fan meeting on Saturday.”

“For everyone?”

“No, only for the lucky fans.”

“Ah, I see,” Dara nodded. “Why are you so nice? I don’t think that the artist will buy the gifts for his fans by himself. I think such things are already taken care of by others.”

“I prefer to buy it myself. Since you happen to be not busy, you can help me.”

Dara turns quickly. “Yah, who says I’m not busy? I have to meet Mr. Yang in two hours. After all according to the agreement, we will only take pictures together. It’s never been mentioned about me having to accompany or help you to do anything.”

“Didn’t I say from the start, let’s just assume this agreement is the same as me offering a job for you. You can’t refuse. So the point is, you now work for me. Isn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter