Fourteen

Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since that day, Dara experiences ordinary days. Although Jiyong’s spokesperson has straightened the issue, of course not all parties accept it as a reality. There are still some of Jiyong’s fans who say unpleasant things and spread them on the internet. Dara also can’t walk alone in public places anymore. Many people now recognize her, especially the Jiyong’s teenage fans. Some are polite, just smile when they recognize her. But there are also those who are rude, accusing her of manipulating and destroying Jiyong’s good name, and some even accusing her of using her own sister’s accident to get Jiyong.

Dara realizes that not only herself experiencing difficult times, but also Jiyong. The man must face his nightmare once again. People back to discuss the accident four years ago which involved him and resulted in one of his fans passing away.

Since they returned from the beach, Dara hasn’t spoken to Jiyong at all. It’s been more than a week. Dara repeatedly wanted to call him, but then canceled her intention. She feels that she shouldn’t contact the man for the time being, as they agreed. But how about this? Her heart isn’t calm.

“Miss Park.”

Dara gasps and turns her head. Mr. Yang has stood beside her.

“Yes, Mr. Yang?” She hurries up from his chair.

“What are you thinking about, Miss Park? I’ve called you hundreds of times,” said Mr. Yang. “Your face is also pale like a moon.”

Dara looks down. “I’m sorry.”

“Is it because of Kwon Jiyong?”

Dara raises her face in surprise. “Oh, Mr. Yang, that—”

Mr. Yang raises a hand to stop Dara’s words. “Miss Park, I don’t believe in circulating rumor. I trust you. Do you understand that?”

Dara is silent.

Mr. Yang walks back to his desk and sits in his big chair. “But you really like him, right?”

Mr. Yang’s immediate and sudden question makes Dara speechless.

“Do you want to meet him?”

Dara is still silent.

Apparently Mr. Yang interprets her silence as a ‘yes’ answer. “Why didn’t you contact him?”

Dara smiles and shakes her head.

Mr. Yang leans his head to the chair. “That’s right,” he said. “He must be in a lot of business now. If everything is done, I’m sure he will contact you.”

Dara just nods slightly, then exits Mr. Yang’s studio. She walks to the guest room which is empty at the time. She sits on the couch and looks out at the large glass window. Many cars are passing by, but Dara didn’t really pay attention. She looks at the phone in her hand.

If someday you miss me, will you tell me? ... So that I can immediately run to meet you.

Is it true? No, she won’t try it.

Suddenly the phone in her grip rings. She looks at the phone screen and her heart immediately pounds twice faster. Jiyong.

Dara presses her phone to her ear. “Yes?” Why did her voice sound hoarse?

“How are you?”

Dara’s eyes are hot when she heard Jiyong’s voice.

“Are you alright?” Jiyong’s voice is heard again. His voice is cheerful, light, and relaxed.

“Mm,” Dara answered, blinking to prevent her tears. “How about you?”

“I want to meet you.”

Dara says nothing.

Jiyong sighs deeply. “How about this? I haven’t seen you for a long time, I don’t hear your voice, and it feels so weird. It seems like everything I’ve done isn’t right. Then I thought, maybe if I call you and hear your voice, I’ll feel better. Now after hearing your voice, I really feel better, but another problem arises.” A moment of silence. “I want to see you even more.”

Unconsciously Dara smiles, but her vision begins to blur.

“Can I think like that?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter