Chapter 5

The Cursed Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
5      

 Minzy had learned their dance and even changed it up a bit with the part she felt needed work. She smiled happily as she had been practicing it for some days now she wanted her moves to be effortless and perfect.

 

She grabbed her bag and took out her bottle as she drank from it as sweat ran down her neck and sat on the bench checking her phone. She had several texts from people who wanted to be her friend. People no longer were being bullies instead they were intrigued to get to know her except her dance group.

 

She heard the door open so she looked up to see them stroll in laughing at whatever they were talking about. They went silent when they finally noticed the sweaty girl sitting on the bench. Minzy could tell that the one who felt insecure about her dancing was kai and the rest were just tagging along with him to not upset him. She grabbed her bag and walked out it was better to be anywhere else then in there alone with them.

 

“Minzy!” she heard someone call her she turned around to see bom running up to her. Minzy smiled at her as she waited for her to catch her breath. “Can we get some help please” she begged her.

 

Minzy furrowed her eyebrows “at what unnie?” she bit down on her lip at how it felt weird to call the girl unnie when they were enemies not too long ago. Bom grabbed Minzy’s arm and dragged her to her dance room. Her group cheered at Bom when they saw Minzy walk in “help us with our dance please” she pouted and acted cute.

 

Minzy sighed giving in “okay but let me see what you got going on so far” she stood against the wall smiling at the guy as she knew as TOP who was handing her a towel to clean her sweat up. She instantly began to regret even accepting to help them once they began to dance. Once their dance ended they all turned to look at her as if it was something to be proud of.

She gulped “you guys need a lot of work I don’t even think we can get you guys a dance you will remember in time for the evaluation tomorrow.” Their frowns made her feel guilty as she threw the towel on the bench and walked to the center of the room. “” she whispered to herself not being able to leave them to failure.

 

She was going to leave the routine they had already learned since it would take them a while to learn a new one with their skills. She was going to clean it up to make it all go together more smoothly and add more. She knew she wasn’t allowed to help them since it wouldn’t be fair to other groups but it wasn’t okay in her books to leave them to fail. She would take responsibility if she had to.

 

Minzy was even surprised with herself that she could make a group with their skills dance so good. The dance level was easy but her effort was to make them look good so anyone could be impressed and forget the level of  difficulty.

 

It was around two in the morning when she left them to practice with themselves since she needed rest. She bumped into her partner in the patio “sorry” she whispered as she didn’t know why she always felt intimidated with him.

 

“That was very nice of you”

 

She tilted her head not understanding “I’m sorry?”

 

“For helping that group with their routine”

 

She blushed was he complimenting her?  “You are really talented” he smiled with the dimple she didn’t know she could find so perfect.

“Thank you lay” she looked away afraid he would notice her staring.

“I apologize for how we have been treating you as your group it’s just…”

 

“Kai” she finished as he didn’t say anything not being able to deny it “it’s okay” she smiled. She noticed he was all dressed and was probably coming from his dorm. She winced realizing he was probably going to head for dinner. She hadn’t gotten use to their ‘ways.’

“Then i should head in and rest” she pointed to the direction of dorm as it had gotten awkward, he nodded also feeling the awkwardness as they both quickly walked away to their destinations without saying bye.

 

She let her body fall on the small twin bed smiling that atleast she had shown a good trait to him. She got under the covers closing her eyes hoping she atleast dreamt of him.

 

In her dream she was running towards or away. from what? she didn’t know. However, she didn’t have a bad feeling it was a feeling of happiness. She ran threw tall fields of sunflowers as the sun bloomed brightly warming her pale skin. She could feel the sunflowers against her thighs as she was wearing some jean shorts and a shirt. She spread her hands twirling in the field of flowers as she felt someone envelope their arms around her waist.

 

She smiled as if she knew who he was but still in her mind she wanted to turn and look at who it was. Instead, she giggled happily as she felt pecks on her neck as it would send tingling sensations all around her body.

 

Her smile dropped when she she saw someone at the end of the field with a hood on. She couldn't see his face but something about him gave her a bad feeling. She felt everything turn cold and dark. The next second the fields were all dead on the floor, the arms were no longer holding her, the sun was no longer shining. It was just her and that male who had destroyed everything.

 

Her alarm woke her up from that horrible dream that gave her a bad feeling. She shook her head as she quickly turned it off and ran to the shower. She quickly got ready noticing Bom hadn’t got home to sleep. The dancing evaluation was early in the morning to let the students focus on their other classes throughout the day. Minzy quickly rushed to the dancing room afraid she would be late.

 

She ran beside her group breathless as the instructors had arrived at the same time as her. Kai smirked at her as she rolled her eyes at him. He was hoping to see her fail and she knew today wasn’t going to be the day.

 

“I hope you all are ready for today’s evaluations! I hope you all practiced like your life depended on it cause we are anything but easy with grading, and you will fail. Let’s see the best dancers go first!”

 

The class clapped as they walked to the center of the room facing the class. Minzy had seen their formation so she positioned herself in the middle. She could feel her groups burning stare as they would have expected her to go solo instead and fail. As the music started Minzy went along with the choreography. It seemed as if they had been practicing together all along.

 

She danced right on beat with all their moves but suddenly her part of change came as she did a solo and then went back into the choreography. She could see her professors smile proudly as how everything went together.

 

When the song ended they all bowed and waited for the grade. “You all did so well I’m very impressed” said deuk “you all get a passing grade but I must say I’m really impressed by Minzy it’s not easy keeping up with guys and yet you achieved it right on point. The solo that we saw you practicing went beautifully together with the overall dance.” said don. Minzy grinned happily as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter