Chapter 0

The Cursed Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
0      

The 24 year old girl who was wearing her cape and gown was smiling ear to ear. To graduate from the school UCLA for the major Biology was a huge success for her. She hugged her friends and took pictures to keep as memories hoping to one day see each other again in the future.

 

“Congratulations Trevor!” She said as she walked up to the Caucasian guy who she considered her friend. She always had a little crush on him but not enough to want to date him. “I hope you get accepted into medical school” she hugged him before taking one picture.

 

She has lived her whole life in California after moving from South Korea at 2 years old. California was her home and she was preparing to leave it. She has kept her native tongue and her traditions since Korean is her roots but she also had grown to love all the traditions California had to offer.

 

Minzy was wearing a black dress with some heels under her gown. She hugged her parents who congratulated her.

 

“Mom give me one minute I want to say bye to some people” her mom nodded. Minzy took off her gown and folded it on her left hand but left the cap on as she ran into the huge buildings with the sound of her heels echoing.

 

She stopped at a door with a sign that read ‘counselors’ and sighed ‘the last time I’ll ever enter here’ she thought as she knocked lightly before turning the door knob. The pair smiled at her proudly “seven and gummy” she said excitedly twirling for them and then hugging them tightly.

 

Seven and gummy were more than her mentors they were her family. They had been with her for a long time since high school graduation when Minzy met them as they were given the chance to give an important speech at her high school. That is where she met them and since then became extremely close. Minzy graduated from high school as valedictorian which meant being the top student and graduated from the university as number two. Seven and gummy believed in Minzy very much and had given her so much support she felt she could never pay them back.

 

“Here” gummy said pulling out a box “we got you this as your graduation gift” Minzy smiled as she opened it it was a beautiful white gold ring with a green stone. “Thank you” she said softly trying to hold back the tears. She was leaving for South Korea that night it meant not seeing two of the most important people in her life. However, they agreed with her parents of her going to South Korea to attend a prestigious university in the middle of nowhere where only certain people got accepted.

 

Minzy still remembers the day her parents submitted the application without her knowledgement. It was a warm sunny day in July she was preparing to head to the beach with some of her friends when they broke the news. How could they submit an application without even mentioning it at least one time was absurd to Minzy. Even worse was that she never even saw how the application looked she only saw the letter that arrived through the mail of accepting her admission.

 

“Mom I don’t want to go!” Minzy cried staring at the letter “I’m about to be 24 for gods sake.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter