Powers, Powers, Powers Part 1

Seoul Idol Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on Seoul Idol Academy...

 

“Okay. I guess this is where I introduce myself. My name is Kim Hyun-ah. I am your vice president.”

 

------------

 

Tzuyu frowned. The vice president of the school isn’t usually at the orientation are they? Usually it’s just teachers and on rare occasions the dean.

 

“Speaking of record breaking, you guys have the most students in all of the years of Idol school. The staff was a little worried when your dean mentioned that to them. That’s why we doubled up on professors this year. Making it the year of the most professors as well. Seoul Idol Academy is making great feats this year. I have a feeling it’s only the beginning just by looking at all the fresh faces in the room.” She smiled then glanced behind her to a woman wearing a similar business suit as her. The woman nodded before getting up and making her exit.

 

“I know it’s a little unconventional for the vice president to speak to students at orientation but I just wanted to greet you guys personally. It’s truly a new year. Thank you for attending and I hope you have an amazing year.” With that, she took her folders, bowed, and left out the same door that other lady went through.

 

“That’s cool for the vice president of the academy to speak to us. Makes me feel special.” Chaeyoung commented as the volume of the room started back up.

 

“It was weird.” Tzuyu didn’t elaborate anymore on that. The other girls just shrugged and chalked it up to Tzuyu just being Tzuyu.

 

Another woman made her way to the stage. She didn’t see the wire stretched from the podium to the back of the stage and tripped. The student body chuckled as she gained her balance back and continued to the podium. She cleared and kept a serious face. She looked like she wanted to laugh underneath it though.

 

“Hello. I’m one of your newest professors, Ahn Hee-yeon. You can call me Hani though. It’s my duty today to get you through orientation smoothly. Now, i’ll be splitting you up by your group letters. Look on the corner of your itinerary and you’ll find your letters. Groups A through E, please stay in here. You will have an advisor with you shortly. Groups F through J, go with advisor Heechul at the door.”

 

“Hey, what letter do you guys have?” Dahyun asked with her itinerary too close to her face.

 

“Uhh, let me see. I have...B. What about you?” Chaeyoung asked her pale bestfriend.

 

“B.” She glanced at Tzuyu and received a nod in return.

 

“Alright. I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence or if the fates want us to be together but, here we are.” Dahyun thought maybe her parents had a hand as well but who knows.

 

“What do we do now?” The girls glanced around and saw people filing out of the room.

 

“It looks like the room is clearing out. Professor Hani said our advisor will be with us so, we wait.” Tzuyu, always the sensible one.

 

The girls watched as the room grew thinner and thinner. They could see a couple of familiar faces they knew from people watching. Soon, the last person shuffled out and the room was filled with people that belonged there.

 

“I wonder what we’re gonna be doing.” Chaeyoung was really anxious about this whole thing. She was always a curious person.

 

“Probably just standard orientation stuff. State our names, likes, powers. Y’know, like in high school. Except less anxiety.” Tzuyu said, Dahyun nodding at her last statement.

 

“Do you think we’ll meet our doormates?” Chaeyoung asked, restlessly.

 

“Wait, we have doormates?” Dahyun didn’t really know her living situation actually. She should check.

 

“Yeah. It says it on the itinerary and the schedule.”

 

“Did you look at either?” Tzuyu asked but already knew the answer.

 

“Well, I was just, thrown into this whole thing. I’m sorry if I was a little preoccupied.” Dahyun shook her head but turned away as her expression changed to embarrassment.

 

“Whatever. Just look. If we’re all in group B. We’re doormates.” Chaeyoung showed her the paper.

 

“It doesn’t tell us who else is in the dorm?”

 

“No. I don’t see it on here.” She flipped it over to make sure.

 

“Well that’s stupid.”

 

“Hey, where’s our advisor at? It’s been like 10 minutes.” Tzuyu noticed. She saw the way the other students were waiting as well.

 

The other two shrugged and looked around as well. The room soon filled with questioning murmurs. Now that Chaeyoung thought of it, the other groups had advisors on hand. Why was their group the only one who’s advisor wasn’t already there?

 

“Maybe something bad happened and they’re keeping us in here so we don’t freak out.” Dahyun put out with a frightened look on her face.

 

“Or maybe this is just a test and nothing is wrong.” Again, reasonable Tzuyu.

 

“Psh. Is it always something simple with you?” Dahyun shook her head disappointed in her friends lack of urgency.

 

“Why do you-*Sigh* Dahyun, shut up before I punch you.” Tzuyu’s patience was running thin.

 

“You’re not gonna hurt me. You love me.”

 

“You do know her powers kicked in and she is fully capable of killing you by just blowing on you right?” Chaeyoung whispered in her ear.

 

Oh yeah. She tried to take off but got caught by the arm. Before Tzuyu could deal with her, a guy yelled out from on top of the stage.

 

“Hey! Everybody! Since the oldies are gone, how about I school you on what a real superhero looks like.” He proceeded to do a backflip off the stage to the ground.

 

“A little overkill don’t you think?” Tzuyu murmured.

 

The crowd followed him as he made his way to the middle of the room. He requested some space and the people moved back some.

 

“If he’s doing what I think he’s doing, this is very cliche of him.” Dahyun said, unconsciously moving to see what was happening.

 

He ripped his shirt off causing people to react and flexed. It looked like he was struggling but as he kept flexing, his muscles grew bigger and bigger. Eventually he was a huge muscly man standing in the middle of the crowd. He flexed some more before standing up straight.

 

“Anyone can top that?”

 

The crowd looked around to see if anyone was gonna volunteer.

 

“Any of you guys wanna go?” Tzuyu asked with an amused smile.

 

“What about you? He’s big but i’m sure you’re stronger.” Chaeyoung suggested, slightly too embarrassed to go out there.

 

“If that’s the case then i’ve gotta fight him and I don’t think this is that type of competition. Besides, there’s nothing in here that I can lift to really show my power anyway.”

 

“What about you Dubu? What was your power anyway?” Chaeyoung just now remembered they never learned what Dahyun’s power was.

 

“Uhh, well, I can replicate myself.”

 

“Woah, what?! That’s so cool!”

 

“More than one Dahyun? *Sigh* Really God?” Tzuyu said as Chaeng gushed over Dahyun’s abilities.

 

“Then, you should go.”

 

“Well, you see, I don’t really know how to use my powers.” Dahyun really didn’t know what triggered them.

 

“How did you figure out you had them then?” Tzuyu questioned.

 

“It just happened. I tried to activate them again by hurting myself and well, it worked, kinda.”

 

“Explain.”

 

“I hit myself and this clone of me was there touching my face. I screamed, fell and like 20 of them popped out.” Dahyun didn’t acknowledge the fact that all of this happened a mere 4 or 5 hours ago.

 

“Hmm, peculiar.” Before Tzuyu could say anything else, a voice was heard above the crowds murmurs.

 

“We got somebody over here.”

 

Everyone turned to the voice and saw an adorable blonde girl. “Our friend can top you buddy.” She said, making people surprised those words came from her.

 

“Oh yeah? Bring it. Where is she?” He was still a huge hulk man.

 

The blonde girl turned to see her friends whispering to each other. “Why are you guys doing this to me?” A brunette girl said as she was being pushed to the middle of the circle.

 

“Wendy, you’re power is beautiful. Show it off.” A redhead girl said pulling her.

 

The girl sighed. “This is embarrassing.” She was now in the middle and all eyes were on her.

 

“Seriously. We wouldn’t embarrass you in front of this many people. You can beat him.”

 

“You’re power is beautiful Wendy.” Another girl said from the group.

 

The girl sighed again.

 

“Show me what you got squirt.” The he man said walking to the middle again.

 

She closed her eyes, ignoring his teasing. She cleared her mind of all things and centered herself. Soon, she was in a light state of meditation. She felt so light and feathery, like she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter