Here Starts Our Future

Seoul Idol Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Previously on Seoul Idol Academy…

 

“Mom, what’s happening? Why do I suddenly have powers?”

 

Her mother sighed before turning to look at her husband.

 

“There’s a lot we have to tell you.”

----------

 

Dahyun was led to the edge of her bed while her mom pulled up a chair. She sat and stared at both of them with confusion in her eyes. Her parents kept glancing at one another. What's going on? Why were her parents acting all weird.

 

“We just got off the phone with the director of SIA. You'll be leaving tomorrow as well Dahyun. We need to get packed quickly so-.”

 

“How do you know the director of SIA? How did you get in contact with them so fast?” Dahyun was legitimately confused.

 

“Dahyun, there's a lot going on right now. We just need to get you packed. In time we'll tell you-.” Her father couldn't finish before she interrupted him once again.

 

“What's the truth?! Why aren't you as freaked out as me? How long have you known I've had powers? Why do you have the director on speed dial? What are you hiding? Does this have to do with your extremely busy yet important jobs that you won't tell me about?” Dahyun couldn't sit and take their half answers anymore. Today, well what little of it anyway, has been incredibly stressful. She just wants some semblance of truth from her parents. It's the least they owed her.

 

Her mother sighed and looked her straight in the eye. “You know what? You're right. We'll tell you everything you want to hear. You have to leave in 3 and a half hours. So we'll make this quick so we can get you ready ok? Honey, go get the tablet.” Her husband rushed out of the room as Dahyun stared at her mother.

 

Her tone was way different than what she usually sounds like. She sounded authoritative. Like this was work. Dahyun didn't know how to feel about that.

 

“First, I'll start with what's happening with you. Your father and I did not know you were a super. This came as a surprise to both of us as well. You didn't show at 5 so we don't know why you were late to show. That’s something your father will have to figure out later. As for why we aren’t freaking out. Me and your father have known each other for 24 years, 18 of them we’ve been married. That should tell you when we had you. Every single one of those years we’ve worked for Seoul’s Idol Outreach Division. Your father is one of the top researchers for the Technical and Development facility and I’m the supervisor for the same facility. We work with and for Idols on a daily basis, so that’s why we aren’t surprised.” Her mother paused to let her daughter process what was just said to her. She knew it was a lot but this is what she wanted and, honestly, deserved.

 

“You still with me?” Dahyun nodded and motioned for her mother to continue.

 

“Okay. We were sent home for awhile. The director has a new strategy for the future of SIOD. This, I can not disclose of. The director specifically did not want this known. I’m sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear. When I say ‘we’ were sent home, I mean all of the previous agents and Idols working for the division.” Dahyun furrowed her brows when she heard this. Does that mean?

 

“Yes, that includes Girl’s Generation. It may not seem logical but we put our full trust in the director.” Dahyun’s dad walked in a second later with his tablet and a strange looking device.

 

“Look what I found. I can’t believe I left a spare scanner here. So stupid.” Her mother turned to him smirking.

 

“Your stupidity came in hand honey.” He waved his hand dismissively and set his things on the bed before turning towards his daughter.

 

“Hey sweety. Did she fill you in a little bit? I know this seems crazy but, no, it’s crazy.” Dahyun shook her head at her dad’s silliness.

 

“Yeah. It’s a lot to take in but, I’ve been trained how to deal with it remember?”

 

“Yes but most kids parents aren’t directly connected to the place they get sent. Plus, we only prepare you a little.” Her mother stood to walk to her daughters closet.

 

“It’s enough to not be completely freaked out.” Dahyun was weirded out, most definitely. She wasn’t absolutely perturbed though.

 

“Do you know for sure what your power is? You mind if I scan you? It’s okay if not. I don’t want you to be uncomfortable.” Her dad knelt in front of her and asked her.

 

“Sure. I don’t mind dad.” She gave him a reassuring smile.

 

He nodded then went to work on his tablet.

 

“Hey, how are you gonna get that scanner to work without its counterpart? Dahyunnie, you mind if I start packing?” Her mother asked from the closet entrance.

 

Dahyun shook her head. Less work for her. “ I can just hack into the system from the app I developed a while back. The tablet should be a perfect substitute.” He typed in a few more codes on the tablet before the device on the bed beeped twice. Dahyun looked at the device before frowning.

 

Her parents were one of a kind. Her mother was strong and leader like while her father was smart and tech savvy. What was she? Where did that leave her?

 

“There. I connected them. I need you to stand okay? This won’t hurt a bit. I promise.”

 

“Dad, i’m not a little girl.” She didn’t need to be babied. If it hurt then so be it. She hoped it didn’t hurt though.

 

He chuckled then nodded. “I know.” He raised his scanner and started from her head to her feet. It beeped once before flashing white.

 

He sat it back down on the bed before looking over the tablet.

 

“That’s it?” Dahyun thought it would have been a whole ordeal. Pain, confusion and a whole lot of other things but no. Nothing.

 

“Yup. I’m reading the extent of your powers. It says [Replication: Also called: Self-Replication/Duplication/Cloning/Copying. Subject can instantly and perfectly replicate themselves and/or targets which can be objects or living beings, numerous times, while usually being able to recombine the clones.] There are other things here but you’ll learn them at the academy. That’s cool. I love to see the powers people get. Each one is unique to only them y’know.” Her dad looked like a kid in a candy shop.

 

“Your father loves things like this. Partially why he went into this field in the first place.” She was fully into the closet now and by the looks of it, almost done with clearing it out.

 

“So I can duplicate myself. That’s...nice.” Dahyun couldn’t really find a use in the power. It sounded like she was going to be in the way a lot to be honest.

 

“You don’t think so?” Her father couldn’t understand where his daughter was coming from.

 

“Well, I just. It doesn’t seem like the most ideal power. How would it help me in a fight? How would it help others? The power just seems so useless. Like take Chaeng and Tzuyu for example. They have cool powers. Tzuyu is strong as hell and basically impenetrable while Chaeng can move things with her mind. Like...what the hell? That’s cool! She’s like Tzuyu but of the mind” Her dad could see what she was talking about now. Those did sound like cool powers as well.

 

“Dahyun. You can freaking clone yourself. You can send distractions, have two fights at once, deploy decoys. There’s a lot you can do with your power. Not to mention the things I didn’t read off the tablet. I’m sure you’ll be in for a great surprise. You can’t compare your power with others. Like I said, everyone has a power unique to them. We definitely need someone with your powers out in the field, trust me. Right honey?” His wife turned from the newly zipped up suitcase smiling.

 

“Your father is right. Plus you don’t have to worry about the offence/defence part of this. The academy will train you. There are a lot of options there that will help you defence wise and if you want a weapon just ask.” Dahyun chewed on her bottom and thought on it. They did make a lot of valid points. She rolled her eyes before smiling. Of course they were right.

 

“Yeah yeah whatever.” When she looked back to her mom she saw almost all of her clothes in suitcases already.

 

“Woah. That was fast. Don’t tell me you have a super power too. What is it? Superfast packer?” Her mother laughed before shaking her head.

 

“No, your mother just has a knack for packing quickly. It always amazed me too. Even to this day.” Her dad collected his devices before leaving the room again.

 

Her mother sat a suitcase down next to the bed, fully packed and ready to go. She looked over to the time and saw it read 6 o’clock. A hour and a half has passed.

 

“You have to be on the road by 8. I’ve only packed about half of this room. You wanna help with the rest?”

 

“Yeah. I also told Tzuyu and Chaeng I would see them off too so…”

 

“Well now you’ll just meet them over there and drive together.” Her mother took her bed sheets off the bed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter