Destiny Pt. 2

Seoul Idol Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Across the hall from Wheesa were the girls of another planet. They all looked mentally and physically drained and were sitting on the couch in the living room, sans Jisoo. She sat facing away from the girls in the connected kitchen area. 

 

"I can't believe we fought on the first day of school." Lisa sighed out as she reclined back onto the couch, snuggling into the cushions. (And the girl next to her.)

 

"I can." Chaeyoung's stomach grumbled as she finished her comment, making her groan softly before getting up to search the fridge.

 

"Why?" Lisa asked back, the chipmunk cheeked girl making her fall onto Jennie from her sudden departure from the couch.

 

"Because this isn't the first time." Chaeyoung chose to ignore the loud slap followed by a hurt Lisa calling out to her.

 

"Nor will it be the last." Jisoo mumbled under her breath but it didn't fall onto deaf ears. Rosé glanced at her but Jisoo wouldn't meet her eye. She sighed before turning back to the fridge. It wasn't like she didn't know what the dark haired girl was talking about.

 

There was always a common denominator when it came to them getting into fights. Jennie. That girl was hotheaded, no pun intended. She would either misunderstand the situation or just find herself in the middle of trouble. Of course the girls were gonna back her up, they're family. They stick together no matter what. At least, that was the premise anyway. It seemed not everyone thought of it that way though. 

 

"Rosé, can you get me a cup of water while you're up?" The fire bender asked from her slouched position on the couch. 

 

"Sure." She grabbed a cup from the cabinet and filled it up from the refrigerator. Before she could turn around Jisoo spoke up.

 

"Be careful not to trip and spill it on me. We wouldn't want any problems now would we?" The comment caught Jennie's attention immediately.

 

"What?" 

 

Lisa laughed at the 'oblivious' girl. "Do you not get it? That's what that girl did to Jisoo dummy!" She shook her head before realization hit her. "Wait."

 

"Are you joking?" A part of Jennie hoped it was true, for she did not want to argue about this again.

 

Jisoo opted to just ignore the questioning girl, though it might not be the right choice considering Jennie's track record. Jennie on the other hand had to remember who she was talking to. Otherwise the table between them would have been flipped.

 

Chaeyoung looked at the two girls as Jennie defused and took it as an opportunity to get between them.

 

"Hey. Before this gets any further, please remember that you love each other and care for each other so very deeply." Jisoo looked to Rosé with a raised eyebrow.

 

After counting to 15, Jennie slowly released a breath before starting again. "Jisoo, I know what's up okay? There's no reason for you to be troubled."

 

"Is that why it took you a count to fifteen to calm down?"

 

"I- Ugh! Listen! I don't have anger problems!" 

 

"So why are you angry?" Jisoo didn't have to glance at the girl to know her temper flared from that question. She just sighed and stood up from her seat at the island.

 

"Look, like you said, you know what's up. We've been through this a million times already, and it looks like nothing's gonna change. So why bother speaking on it?"

 

"Jisoo, there's nothing to be changed. I am just protective of my loved ones. If you can't see that then-" 

 

"I see that. There are other ways to go about a situation though. Fists shouldn't be your first choice." Jisoo interrupted. In her mind, there was no need to fight out every disagreement. 

 

"She's right. We fight all the time. Like every building we walk into we walk out with bloody knuckles and black eyes. And this isn't just an earth thing. The same stuff happened on Aesis too." Rosé chimed in. She just wanted Jennie to see where Jisoo was coming from. 

 

Jennie shook her head at the two in front of her. "What about you Lisa? Do you wanna tag in too on this rag fest?" She turned towards her banged friend.

 

Lisa took a moment to look up from the floor. She didn't think the night would end like this. 

 

"We're not ganging up on you. We're just trying to let you know how we feel."  Rosé was gonna continue when Lisa decided to speak up.

 

"I don't think Jennie's in the wrong here." 

 

Jisoo and Chaeyoung swiveled their heads towards the youngest at lightning speed.

 

"What?"

 

"She's always defending us and you two aren't appreciating her enough. That's the way we were taught on our planet. Fight for what's right and protect your team. That's literally our oath." Lisa finished with a determined look.

 

Jisoo remembers that oath. It was slapped on like a license plate and still being rode on even after its expiration date. It's always bothered her how their planet's solution to problems was to fight through them. How this oath was taught to children, misguiding them. Maybe it was planet earth's television influencing her but, talking out problems always seemed more appealing to her.

 

"Lisa?" Rose seemed surprised at Lisa's comment. As if she didn't see why the earth and fire bender got along so well. They were headstrong and pride oriented. They both took the oath seriously.

 

"Don't bother Rosie. You can't reason with people who won't listen." Jisoo said off handedly. 

 

Jennie scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Oh please. I could say the same for you." 

 

"No, you can't. I've put up with this for so long but the second I bring it up, I get dismissed."

 

"I-Jisoo, no. We're not arguing about this. We're a team. A family." Rosé cut in trying to calm everyone down.

 

"Rosé's right. There's no sense in arguing about this. Let's just sit down, eat and sleep whatever this is off. Tomorrow is a new day." Lisa said, wrapping an arm around the taller girl.

 

Jennie looked over to Jisoo who only stared at the carpet. She linked her pinky with the annoyed girl and finally got her attention. 

 

"Jichu?" Jisoo frowned at the cute nickname before slowly laying her head on Jennie's shoulder, keeping their pinkies linked.

 

Rose watched as everyone went back to 'normal'. She couldn't help but feel a bit cautious around Lisa and Jennie. She knew their hearts were in the right place but something felt off.

 

---------------------------

 

Metal scraping the floor and random objects clattering against each other could clearly be heard outside the door of the nine personed team. What was going on you ask? 

 

"We're redecorating!" Apparently Tzuyu asked as well judging from the boisterous answer she got from Dahyun. 

 

The taller girl stood back and watched as her two best friends moved two of the beds next to each other. When the girls paused to take a breath, they simultaneously turned their attention to Tzuyu.

 

"Hey. Why don't you help us? With your superhuman strength and all."

 

"I was just thinking the same thing!" Chaeyoung called out slightly exhausted. 

 

"This was your idea and not my room. Don't rope me into one of you guys shenanigans again." She was about to leave for her room but stopped in the doorway.

 

"Wait a minute. You guys have powers that'll help you with this. Why aren't you using them?"

 

The room grew quiet at the question. Dahyun and Chaeyoung looked to each other briefly before looking back at Tzuyu.

 

"Well I-" 

 

"You see-uh…"

 

The girls couldn't come up with a logical explanation without sounding stupid. Not that it mattered anyway. Tzuyu would have found it idiotic either way.

 

Before said girl could insult them, someone walked into the room.

 

"Yah! You guys said you'd be done an hour ago! Although I do appreciate your efforts, I am immensely tired. So what's going on?" 

 

"Sana! Uhh, we're almost done. We just have to get this bed on top of that bed." Dahyun stuttered out hoping she didn't sound too uncool.

 

"The problem is, these beds weigh like a ton." Chaeyoung commented while struggling to pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter