New Discoveries

Seoul Idol Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So you guys really are superheroes.”

 

“Well, yeah. We told you didn’t we?” Chaeyoung answered while still folding her clothes and sitting them neatly in the piles already on her bed.

 

“I mean, yeah but I just thought you two were being idiots as usual. I didn’t think SIA would interrupt class today and request you two to pack and leave tomorrow. That was...surprising to say the least.”

 

“Yeah, that was a little abrupt. Also, it’s not our fault if you don’t believe us when we say some really important stuff.” Tzuyu commented from in the middle of the piles of clothes on the bed.

 

“She does have a point. We aren’t totally untrustable.” Chaeyoung glared at Tzuyu when she adjusted slightly making some shirts fall to the floor.

 

“Do I even have to counter that? We all know we’re a bunch of dumb es. I just, I can’t believe my best friends are superheroes. And are leaving me.” Dahyun didn’t think it would be her friends that were destined for the hero life. At the very least she would think all of them would be crime fighters. Why was she the one left behind?

 

“Dahyun, we were trained to be ready for this moment. We all aren’t guaranteed to be Idols but we all were taught how to be ready if we were. Me and Chaeyoung just happened to be ‘chosen’ so to speak.” Tzuyu stood up and tried to carefully maneuver herself out of the middle of Chaengs clothes. Unfortunately her foot got caught on a pair of folded pants and the end result was her and that whole pile unceremoniously hitting the ground.

 

“Tzuyu! Ugh, now I have to fold those over again.” Chaeyoung bent down to pick up her previously folded clothes completely ignoring the tall maknae rolling in pain on the ground.

 

Dahyun knew that this was a possibility. That her friends could be heroes. She knew the whole discovering your powers at five and your parents suppressing them until it was time to go. She knew not everyone went through that too. She knew she shouldn’t be surprised that Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were Idols and leaving her to go to Seoul Idol Academy. So why was she upset? Shouldn’t she be happy for them? Why wasn’t she?

 

“Tzuyu, if you’re gonna just sit there and be hurt then you might as well help me fold the rest of these clothes and pack them.” Chaeyoung looked at Tzuyu before directing her attention back to Dahyun.

 

“Dubu, you can’t possibly tell us you’re surprised? Tzuyu freaking benches 250 everyday at gym. That didn’t clue you in just a little bit? What about the time I accidently threw that pen at you in class because you asked for one? You know, without using my hands.” Chaeng looked at Dahyun before throwing some unfolded clothes at Tzuyu on the ground and yelling ‘Get to folding’.

 

“I’m not surprised i’m just sad I guess. They’re separating us. You’re leaving me. What am I supposed to do without you guys?” Dahyun laid her head on the desk she was sitting at.

 

“Well what did you do before you knew us?” Tzuyu asked, reluctantly folding the clothes that were thrown at her.

 

“I don’t remember.”

 

“What do you do when we leave you at any point in time?”

 

“Wait for you to come back.” Dahyun mumbled pathetically.

 

“That’s sad dude. If it’s any consolation, we’re gonna miss you too. Seriously, you’re like a sister to me now.” Tzuyu stopped folding and wore a look of realization.

 

“Wow, I just realized you’re not coming. Wow. That’s how close we are, we didn’t even stop for a second to consider you not coming.” Chaeyoung stopped folding and put her hand on Dahyun’s head.

 

Dahyun sighed and raised her head to look at her friends. She’s known them for seven years now. They’ve been through everything together. She can’t even fathom being apart.

 

“When do you guys think you’ll come back?”

 

“There’s no telling Dubu. We might be gone forever.”

 

“Tzuyu! Don’t say things like that. We would hope to be back sooner than later.” Chaeyoung stood up to start packing her clothes.

 

“I’m just saying, we might not be back for awhile. We’ve all seen the invasion spikes. We’re not looking pretty safe at the moment.” Tzuyu handed Chaeng the stack of clothes she has folded.

 

“That’s not true. Girls Generation is still active. Nothing’s getting us while they are around.” Dahyun’s interest being peaked at the very thought of Girls Generation.

 

“Chaengs right. SNSD is still going strong. They aren't finished yet. They're not gonna let hardships set them back.” To say Dahyun was a fan of Girls Generation would be an understatement. She was the president of the SNSD fan club. She had all the action figures, posters, collectables, you name it.

 

Those girls were her Idols, she'd do anything for them. So it was no surprise Dahyun went into a deep depression when the tragedy happened.

 

“I still can't believe what happened. I'm not doubting GG I'm just saying. I would be very torn up if I lost a member in battle. To the point where I wouldn't be able to fight properly. To say they aren't what they used to be wouldn't be an exaggeration.” Tzuyu leaned on the desk Dahyun was at.

 

“What happened to Jessica was terrible but like you said, they were trained for moments like that. So will we apparently.” Chaeng went to her closet for more things to pack.

 

“I guess. Dahyun wha-” Tzuyu stopped speaking when she noticed the look on her face.

 

“Dahyun?” The tallest of the bunch shook her friends shoulder to bring her back to reality.

 

“Huh?” Dahyun’s eyes slowly faded back in to see the concerned looks on the girls faces.

 

“You ok there? We didn’t mean to bring it up so casually.” Chaeyoung knew how much GG means to Dahyun.

 

“Yeah, sorry Dub.”

 

“Guys it’s ok. They just, they were all I basically had until I met you guys.” Dahyun’s life was pretty lonely growing up. Her parents loved her don’t get her wrong. They just, were never around. They claimed they had very important and very busy jobs.

 

Dahyun, till this day, never knew what they did for a living. She just knew they weren’t there for a lot of major achievements. She doesn’t dwell on that though. She knows they love her, they make it very apparent whenever they have time to do so. Showering her with whatever she wants. Though she claims to not want much, she very much appreciates the thought.

 

Chaeyoung wanted to say that the fact they were leaving was not helping the situation but she decided to keep that to herself. “Well, the only thing they could do was mourn and move on. In the most sincerest of ways. When life hits you, you have to take the blows and get back up to live. There is nothing you can do to get back at life. Just hope for the best.”

 

“Yeah, I know. I’m really gonna miss you Chaeng.” Dahyun whimpered as Chaeyoung took her in her arms.

 

“Hey! What about me?” Tzuyu wore a grin on her lips as she watched her best friends share an embrace.

 

“What about you?” Chaeyoung asked while pulling her into the hug as well.

 

Dahyun sighed contentedly. She was really going to miss these girls. She has to hold on to the hope that she will see them again someday.

 

She sighed again then pulled away from the hug. “You guys are gonna be the best Idols ever. That’s not a compliment, that’s a command. Be the best you, you can be. And stick with each other. No matter what the system says ok?” Dahyun made them look at her with watery eyes and a pout.

 

“Dahyun-”

 

“Promise me.”

 

Tzuyu looked to Chaeyoung and smiled in confirmation.

 

“We promise Dahyun. We’ll be the best superheroes for you and for everyone.” Tzuyu pulled the girl into a side hug wrapping her arm around her head.

 

“Good. Thank you. I guess i’m finally coming to terms with you guys leaving.” Dahyun muffled into the side of Tzuyu’s chest.

 

“We wish you could come with us but, yeah. Can’t really bring non heroes.” Tzuyu dragged Dahyun with her to pick up a stray shirt on the ground, hoping Chaeng hasn’t seen it.

 

Dahyun pushed away from Tzuyu and grabbed her ringing phone.

 

“Who’s calling you? Nobody calls you.” Chaeyoung chuckled from her closet.

 

“Not even us.”

“It’s my mom. Hello? Really? Yeah. Yeah. Okay. I’ll be there. Okay. Love you too. My parents are home.” Dahyun looked at her phone then turned to the others with a raised eyebrow.

 

Both Chaeyoung and Tzuyu stopped what they were doing to look at Dahyun.

 

“Woah, what? Really?” Dahyun nodded quickly looking between the two excitedly.

 

“Hey, maybe this isn’t a setback. Life said ‘I’m sorry your friends are leaving you but hey, let me bring your parents back as a consolation.’” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at the pale girls analysis.

 

“Go. I know you want to.”

 

“Yeah but, I also don’t want to. I don’t want to leave you guys so soon.” Her attitude went from excited to sad very quickly.

 

“You’ll see us off tomorrow. Go see your parents.” Chaeyoung guided her to the entrance of her room.

 

“Hey, you will be there right?” Tzuyu pushed Chaeng out of the way to talk to Dahyun.

 

“Of course. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Tzuyu leaned in and hugged Dubu.

 

Dahyun didn’t want to pull away from the hug, afraid the girl might disappear forever.

 

“Okay. Love you guys. See you tomorrow, first thing in the morning.” Dahyun sighed then pulled away.

 

“See you.” Chaeyoung closed the door as Tzuyu flopped on the bed.

 

“Tzuyu!” The short girl was now red in the face.

 

Tzuyu looked at the mess on the floor with wide eyes.

 

“I forgot.”

 

“I’m not folding it back up. Get to work.” Chaeng threw clothes after clothes at the poor maknae.

 

-----------------------------

 

Dahyun pulled up to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter