It's sort of an introduction Pt.2

Seoul Idol Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Isn't it so cool we were put on a team together?” Umji asked the girls unpacking in the room.

 

“Yeah. It's a blessing really. Solji said it would be harder if we didn't know each other. So it really is cool.” Sowon answered back, happy that she was paired with her friends.

 

“But isn't it gonna be harder? Since we know each other, we'll get on each others nerves quicker. Plus, we all know what nerves to hit, making the insults hurt even more than a stranger's would. Also, the potential of losing a friendship between one of us is much more damaging than someone new.” Yuju said unnerved and oblivious to the change in mood she caused while still putting away her items.

 

“C'mon Yuju, you do this all the time. Don't be such a killjoy.” Sinb said, hanging off her bed and throwing things at Umji.

 

“Sinb, she doesn't do it on purpose. She's just a little too honest sometimes.” Eunha walked over to her rational girlfriend and kissed the top of her head.

 

Sinb just looked at the couple, stuck her tongue out and proceeded to throw one of her shirts at them. Yuju laughed and ducked making the shirt hit Eunha in the face. The cute girl yelped and pouted when everyone in the room started laughing at her.

 

“You guys are mean.” She stood up from Yuju's bed and went back to putting her things away, all while still wearing a pout.

 

“Sinb yah! Get up and unpack now! We only have a hour!” Sowon yelled at the lazy girl lounging on the bed still. Sinb whined and fell of the bed.

 

“I don't feel like it. Can't one of you do it?” She said, face directly into the ground. Yerin smiled to herself. “I'll do it for you Sinb.” The glasses wearing girl offered. The grumpy girl stood up and started unpacking her belongings. She looked up at the girl wearing the dark shades.

 

“It's okay Unnie. I got it.” The sudden switch in the dancers mood didn't go passed the other girls. The room grew silent as Yerin sighed loudly. She stopped what she was doing and turned to her roommates. “You guys. We've been through this already. You don't have to walk on thin ice around me. You don't have to baby me. You don't have to enable me. You don't need to treat me differently.” She was honestly frustrated beyond belief.

 

“Unnie, we're not treating you differently. We-”

 

“Sinb, if it was anyone else who had offered to put your things away for you, you would have jumped for joy and accepted it quick. Because it was me, ‘No it's okay Unnie.’ Just earlier Eunha offered to unpack my stuff for me but I insisted that it was okay. I really wanted to yell that I am not incapable of putting my own things away.”

 

“Yerin, we just want to help is all. We don't think of you any differently. We are just aware that you might need some extra assistance.” Sowon tried to explain their side of the situation. She didn't want Yerin to feel like she was being enabled. Or, quite frankly, feel useless.

 

“I am different now though. That is a fact. A fact I have accepted. I'm fine with this. I just want you to treat me the same...but still acknowledge the fact that I'm blind now.”

 

Sowon looked to all the girls in the room before her eyes landed on Yerin again. “We can do that.”

 

Yerin nodded her head and started to go back to unpacking. “But you have to tell us when you need help. I don't want you to feel like we're not here for you. We'll always be here. No matter what.” Sowon finished, standing up.

 

Yerin nodded and smiled to herself once again. “I can do that.”

 

The rooms atmosphere slowly returned to normal. The girls with the exception of Sinb were almost done packing with 30 minutes to spare.

 

Yerin walked up to Sinb and hugged her from behind. “I'm sorry for blowing up at you.” Sinb wrapped her arms around Yerin backwards.

 

“It's okay. You were right. We were being too precautious. We shouldn't make you feel like you can't do anything. That kind of defeats the purpose of you being here. We all are really sorry.”

 

“Don't be. I know you all just care. And Yuju kind of made me feel better by actually acting like nothing was different.” Yerin unwrapped her arms from around Sinb and stepped back a step.

 

“Tell me about it. We all almost had a fit when you asked her to hand you a drink the other day and she threw it at you full force.”

 

“That's cause she knows my senses are heightened now that my sight is gone. We go and try to see the extent to my powers. I thought my eyesight being taken away for my abilities was a setback but I really am starting to enjoy discovering new things I can do.”

 

Sinb was now staring at her proudly. She was there to witness the girl break down when she found out she was blind. The scene absolutely broke her heart. She couldn't really do anything to help her. The only one who made her feel better was Yuju and that was only because the girl was oblivious and rational as hell. It was a wonder she ever even picked up the signs of Eunha's crush on her. She didn't treat Yerin any differently then and she doesn't now. It's like she wasn't programmed to understand emotions. Thankfully Eunha is here to help her.

 

“Alright. Quit acting all lovey dovey and finish up. We have to regroup in the eateries.” So-leader said with a teasing tone that made Sinb's face light up red. The blushing girl quickly walked away and did as her Unnie said, leaving Yerin there smiling to herself.

 

“I'm all done.” Yuju propped herself up from the floor after sliding some things under her bed and sat on it.

 

“Of course you are. What are you not good at?” Umji commented with a smile as she was refolding some clothes. Of course, Umji meant it in the rhetorical sense but Yuju still put on a thoughtful face. Before she could answer though, Eunha silenced her by sliding onto her lap and kissing her cheek.

 

“My baby is good at everything.” The aegyo was on full blast as Eunha peppered the younger girls face full of kisses. Yuju tried to escape the girls lips but ultimately gave in to the adorableness.

 

“Speaking of good at everything. Yuju, you killed it out there in the chamber. None of the enemies could land a hand on you.” Sinb exclaimed to the taller girl. She stood up to demonstrate.

 

“You were all like unn and they were like ahh. Then you were like oh no you don't. Then they were like, dead.”

 

“It wouldn't matter if they did land a hit on her anyway. Her power is invulnerability, remember?” Eunha looked the girl she sat on and stared lovingly.

 

“Yeah, yeah. But the skill she's at in fighting, makes me even forget she can't be harmed.” The dancer sat back down, already tired from the little demonstration she did.

 

“Yeah Yuju. You are really great at hand to hand combat.” Umji said as she stood up.

 

“She's been teaching me some things too. Ever since we found out about our powers me and her have been finding ways to use my power. She's also been teaching me hand to hand stuff too.” Yerin spoke up, going into more details now than when she was speaking to Sinb.

 

“When was this? How come we didn't know about it?” Eunha looked to her girlfriend curiously.

 

“Over the past few weeks. I guess I just forgot to tell you guys. We had an incident where Yerin whacked me with her cane by accident and that trauma must have made me forget.” The girls laughed at the image of Yuju being hit. Eunha laughed along too, only, her smile was more weak compared to everyone else's.

 

She has noticed that Yerin and Yuju seemed to become closer over the past month. She thought it was just her being clingy and obsessive but this justified her actions. Yuju wouldn't cheat on her though. Not with their close friend, right? She shook her head and smiled again. Nah, she wouldn't. So why was her grip on her girlfriend getting tighter?

 

“Are you sure it wasn't one of Unnie's legs?” Sinb joked, causing the other girls to laugh. She didn't feel the glare sent her way. What she did feel was the smack on the back of her head.

 

“Ow.” She rubbed her head and turned to the culprit. She expected to see someone behind her. What she was faced with was a stretched out arm retreating back to Sowon.

 

“Why do you keep antagonizing her? She can reach you easier now babo.” Umji had her hands on her hips and a smirk on her face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter