first meeting

flames against the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haseul opens the apartment’s door, walking in and waiting Jinsol to do the same. When they’re both inside, she closes and locks it, throwing the keys inside of a jar that’s on a table in the right side of the room. She takes off her coat and walks towards the kitchen. 

— Does the box’s keeper lives here? — Jinsol asks, following the other woman. 

— No. That’s my place. — The answer makes the blonde frowns. 

— What? I thought we were going to meet her.

— And we’re going to, but she’s clueless about everything that is happening and how much she’s important right now, so we’ll keep things natural. She’s coming over to a dinner.

— So what? — Jinsol’s tone is arrogant. — You’re telling me you befriended her? 

— Yeap. — Haseul replies without giving the other much attention, already preparing the food she will be cooking. 

— Listen, I don’t know about your priorities, but I know about mine and right now I don’t wanna waste time playing house. — The goddess of oceans take a few steps closer, closing her hands in a fist. She’s controlling the maximum of her temper.

Haseul doesn’t even bother to look at her. She just shrugs. 

— You can bark all you want. — Gaea finally stares at Jinsol now, her eyes shining in green. — But we don’t need more attention. This cover — Haseul points around — is what is making Nyx confused. And we’re going to keep it. 

Thalassa growls, getting out of the kitchen to the living room. She throws herself in the couch, closing her eyes.

— I hate not being in the ocean. — She murmurs to herself, massaging her temples. 

The blonde waits for thirty long minutes until the bell rings, revealing that the first guest arrived. Jinsol gets up to open the door, but Haseul doesn’t let her. She gestures with “my house, my guests” and puts a kind smile in her face as a good hostess would do. She grabs her keys.

— You’re creepy in this persona. — Jinsol comments and Haseul gives her a pointed look before opening the door.

— I brought dessert! — A girl announces with a happy smile in her face. Jinsol doesn’t even hesitate to give her a questioning look, feeling a weird energy around the newcomer. She walks closer, trying to identify who is that.

— You’re not Sooyoung. — The goddess of the ocean concludes, crossing her arms. The new girl looks coldly to the blonde, but keeps the smile. 

— How rude of your friend, Seul! — She replies falsely offended, but turns out that she’s already giving the blonde a sarcastic smirk. — I’m better than her, for sure. 

— Ok, don’t even start on that. — Haseul interrupts the now glaring battle, gathering the attention of the two women to her. She indicates the blonde with her hand, initiating the presentation b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter