sooyoung

flames against the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dinner is a challenge for Jinsol. She doesn’t know why, but the human girl is taking everything from her. The goddess starts to get annoyed of her lack of self control. When did she became this whipped for anyone? 

— I’m going to wash the dishes. — The blonde announces and the others are pretty much happy about that. Jinsol is relieved because of the fact she’s going to breath for the first time since Sooyoung arrived, but the latter gets up right after.

— I’ll help you.

— No, please, no. I’m g-good. — Jinsol answers quickly, with a tremble in her voice. Aphrodite, Jungeun and Gaea looks at her, both confused because of her behavior. The goddess gulps, but opens a shy smile. — I don’t want our guest to do something as silly as washing dishes. — She tries to rephrase. The goddesses and Jungeun just take that, going back to their own conversation. Sooyoung, otherwise, has her eyes staring deeply at the blonde. A suspicious expression in her face.

— It’s no problem. Let’s go. — The human finally says, leading the way to the kitchen while Jinsol takes all the dishes off the table. She hates herself right now for being so unstable around the brunette. She doesn’t trust herself to say a single word, but Sooyoung doesn’t seem to care. When they are next to the sink, they help each other in silence. 

Thalassa can hear Heejin and Haseul’s voice in the other room, can hear the city’s sound outside the window, can hear her own heart beat almost jumping out of because Sooyoung’s presence is doing something to her that she doesn’t understand. The goddess try to focus her attention to the reason of why she’s there: Nyx, the pandora box, stopping the human’s race destruction. But the way Sooyoung looks so absorbed in the task of washing dishes, carefully taking care of the plates and cups is making her loose sanity. It’s something so silly, but yet Jinsol thinks it’s endearing. The human’s sharped face, black hair, small mouth with red lips. And her eyes. 

Her eyes are so immensely pretty for Jinsol and she can’t help but fix her owns on them. That’s when she realizes Sooyoung is staring the goddess back. The blonde feels her face heating up, and goes back to the dishes. Yet, she can sense an energy attracting her to the woman by her side.

— It’s rude to stare, you know. — Sooyoung comments in a low voice. Jinsol doesn’t dare to look up, but shrugs. 

— I’m sorry. — It’s all she says. Sooyoung stops what she’s doing for a whole minute before Jinsol can’t do anything but look at her. They stare at each other again, this time the brunette opens a side smile.

— I like it better when you’re looking at me, though.

Well, Thalassa lost it in that exact moment. The plate in her hand breaks and the faucet explodes again. The water hits hard Sooyoung, the both of them to be honest, and Jinsol hurries up to fix that. When the faucet is under control again, Sooyoung starts to laugh.

— I’m so sorry. Seriously. — Jinsol says, getting a dishcloth to help the human. They’re closer now and the goddess can’t think straight. Literally. 

— How funny... — Sooyoung murmurs. — I’m all wet and you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter