under the water

flames against the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(It probably has tons of grammar mistakes. I’m sorry. Enjoy the reading!)

 

 

 

 

When the Japanese island was flooded by water, the news went crazy. But they didn’t have much to say about, because seconds after time had stopped. Everything else was just a glimpse of motion; the face of despair and fear in the population was shown. People had no idea of what was happening, but that was truly a blessing, because their minds were too small to understand the real situation.

Thalassa is surrounded by her allies, every single one of them that aren’t water creatures with a bubble of air around their bodies provided by the goddess. 

— I’m pretty sure a lot of them are down already because of the water. But be cautious, kill them all. 

— There are at least three gods in here. — Gaea says in her original form. Land is falling of her body, it made of clay. Her hair made of sheets. No eye, no mouth, no nose. But they can listen well to her. 

— Yeah, I can feel them. — Aphrodite comments, a whip appearing in her hand while she takes a few steps, not having trouble to move even though she should because of the water. But the bubble is keeping her stable. 

— What’s the plan, anyway? — Jungeun asks. The girl is dressed in such casual way that it doesn’t look she’s in the middle of a battle. Her usual swords nowhere to be seen. 

— Wait. — Thalassa asks, turning her back to her divine friends and looking to her army. — Search them for me. — She commands and some small fishes start to swim faster than the normal. Seconds after, the way they went through starts to shine. Only one of them is back, making sounds that most of the presents don’t understand but Jinsol does.

— Alright. Apolo ran away because of the water, but Ares and Dionysus are up and with a whole army of eleven giants with them. They’re being protect by... — The goddess of the oceans informs with her eyes closed, as if she can see where they are, but when she stops everyone looks at her with curiosity. — Oceanus. He’s here with his little army of Oceanids and a huge dome of air allowing them all to breath. 

Gaea moves uncomfortably, knowing pretty well Oceanus to be slightly disappointed by now. No one says a single word, knowing it’s a fragile topic. Artemis breaks the silence, though, bringing up an important question.

— Apolo is a coward, nothing new. But anyway, Oceanus was never involved in anything else before. Just when we’re attacking and using water in our favor, he’s present? Did they know we were going to come?

— I don’t think they knew we would be here, but I think they know Thalassa is with us now. — Hestia says, the fire in her heart starting to run in her veins. 

— . Nyx know everything. — Jungeun complains. That’s when they hear a loud sound, making them all look forward, searching for the source of it. They don’t need to look much, because seconds after the enemies are running in their direction.

— OK. GET READY AND DON’T DIE. — Thalassa screams. Two tridents appears in her hand made of water and she points them forward, her army of water creatures grunting and running to meet the enemies. 

Giants pieces of ground rises up in the shape of thorns, ripping some Oceanids apart in the process. As fast as they go up, they meet the ground again, just to do the same process but in other places. Gaea doesn’t need to move to make that all happen. 

Jungeun is the first one to hit the giants; now that she is in the big bubble made by Oceanus, she can use air in her favor again. The girl moves her hands to her back and puts them both above her ribs, pulling her swords from somewhere no one can see. They start to shine bright as soon she hold them tight, lightening breeding the metal. The demigod takes impulse and jumps in the direction of one of the giants head, ing her swords in his left eye. The monster growls in pain and tries to get the girl, but she uses her weapon as base to move her body up and stops above the monster’s head. The brunette pushes her swords to her, just to sink them in the giant’s healthy eye.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter