at peace

flames against the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(I’m sorry it took me so long to update. I wasn’t feeling like writing at all. But here I am now! I’m sorry for grammar mistakes and enjoy!)

 

 

Jinsol is laying in Haseul’s couch, mind full of thoughts and plans to stop Nyx. But yet, a parte of her can’t get her head off Sooyoung. She wonders how the girl is and what she’s doing. Does she have any hobby? Does she know anything about Greek gods? The goddess is startled by the sound of a cellphone ringing. She frowns, owning Gaea isn’t home.

Thalassa gets up and search for the origin of the sound, finding the device in the kitchen. She press the button to accept the call and doesn’t say nothing when a voice she already knows pretty well echoes in the other line.

“Hello? Haseul?” Sooyoung asks slightly confused.

— Mhm... it’s Jinsol here. Haseul isn’t home. — Jinsol replies trying to do her best to not sound so pathetic. 

“Oh, hi Jinsol. Nice to hear your voice. Are you alone in there?” Sooyoung asks softly and the goddess can image a smile playing in her lips. She too is smiling. 

— Yeah, yeah. Using this time to rest a bit. How are you? 

“I’m better now. Don’t want to come by for a coffee? I’m going home now, but I wouldn’t mind spend some time with you.” 

That gets Thalassa in surprise. Her heart starts to beat faster and she thinks she never felt that way for nobody in all of her existence. What the is that boiling feeling rising in her chest? She wants to scream. The goddess is about to say decline the invite because she doesn’t think she can spend a time alone with Sooyoung again, but that is also a chance to keep an eye on the human. Jinsol takes a deep breath and realized she’s overthinking too much when the girls calls her name in the call.

— I’m sorry, I was... — She coughs, nervously. — Doing things. 

Doing things? Seriously? 

— Oh, I see. It’s ok if you don’t wan—

— No! Please! — Jinsol replies fast, cutting Sooyoung. — I would love to. Where’s the cafe?

Sooyoung informs the address and hangs up. Thalassa holds the cellphone as if it is the most precious thing in the world.

[...]

— Looking beautiful as always. — It’s the way Sooyoung greets the goddess. She doesn’t wait to hug her, making Thalassa almost melts in her spot. 

They talk a lot about Sooyoung’s life, mostly because Jinsol doesn’t have nothing to tell about hers. The girl somehow seems to understand and don’t ask any further questions, which is a relief. The goddess studies al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter