gaea

flames against the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girl sitting in front of Jinsol has sparkles in her eyes. She seems happy, excited even, to be there. But her feet are impatiently hitting the ground, her hands twisting in each other’s hold. 

— I’m glad you came. — She’s the first one to speak. Jinsol looks at her with doubt, but don’t say anything back. Because of that, the other continue. — You know you couldn’t kill m...

— Shut it, Gaea. — The blonde interrupts, rolling her eyes. The other girl looks around, worried if anyone listened to them, forgetting they couldn’t even if they wanted to. 

— It’s Haseul here. 

— Yeah, yeah, whatever. So... what’s happening? — Jinsol asks, taking a sip of the drink that is in front of her. She sighs. The girl hates staying away for too long from the ocean. 

— Long story short, she wants the Pandora Box. — Jinsol rolls her eyes once again. That’s such a typical plan. — But she’s close. I have a human keeping it so her scent masks the box, but it’s a trashy plan and I don’t have any other option. My children already tried to fight her but... — Haseul pauses, closing her eyes and putting her hands in her temples. — They’re dead or too hurt to keep up.

Jinsol frowns, seemingly uncomfortable in her place with the last information. She looks around, fixing her gaze in the tv not so far from them. It’s in the news’ channel and the subtitle says something about New York’s recent and strange events. How the city is now destroyed by supernatural forces and how the police and the government don’t know what to do, because they have no idea of what happened. A strong black lighting fighting a white one, earth, wind and fire fighting each other and, from time to time, giant presences appeared, screaming and holding weapons like swords and staffs. Humans probably are terrified by now.

— It was them, I guess. — Jinsol finally speaks, indicating the tv with her head. Haseul nods, staring at the blonde woman. There

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter