First Class - First Time

CROOKED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C R O O K E D

CHAPTER 6:

F I R S T  C L A S S 

F I R S T   T I M E

BAEKHYUN'S POINT OF VIEW

I was almost out of breath when I reached the location of my first class. I stormed in and I immediately saw that there are at least 20 students inside. My eyes roamed around and saw that this isn’t a regular classroom— it’s a fcking dojo. I cursed mentally as I checked my schedule on my phone. And out of all the subjects and classes out there, Advanced Martial Arts had to be my first class— or not. I had this wicked idea to skip this class— but then my negative points will continue to pile the fck up. 

 

 

I groaned as I dragged myself to the mats where the other students are. Heads turned as I approached— I was about to smile when I noticed that they don’t really look happy to see me. So instead, I gave them a brief nod. The students were lined up in 4 columns, where each column consists of 5 student— I positioned myself at the farthest left column ruining their perfect formation. 

 

 

The students looked stiff, and the atmosphere felt eerie. I never really liked dojo’s— or martial arts for that matter. As I contemplated, a man emerged from the shadows— the students greeted him and bowed their heads. I remained standing like an idiot as I recognized him. 

 

 

“Appa” the other students turned their gaze on me and back to my father. Confusion arose in my system as I starred into him— what the fck is he doing in here? My father cleared his throat as he placed his hand at his back. 

 

 

“Some of you might know me already— I’m Byun Seokjin” The students became stiffer as they heard our family name— Byun. The Byun’s have been widely known as the most powerful business conglomerates— they’re also considered to be on the same level as the founding fathers of martial arts. That being said, they also run the oldest and most successful dojo at South Korea. My father— Byun Seokjin, is now the head of the Byun’s and serves as the pedestal of the Byun household. 

 

 

And then there’s me— Baekhyun— Byun Baekhyun. 

 

 

“As of today, I’d be the one overseeing this advanced martial arts class. I will not be tolerating anyone as I instill discipline in each and every one of you, as per the government's request.” His eyes grazed mine at his last sentence. I clenched my fist as I swallowed a cold lump in my throat. 

 

 

After my father’s short introduction, we were given exactly 10 minutes to change our garments. But if you’d ask me, 10 minutes is a luxury. I was able to change my clothes in less than 5. I went back to the dojo and went back to my line. Soon enough all of the students made it back. My father stood at the center as he studied the stature of the students— including me. 

 

 

“I’m going to asses each and every one of you” Beads of sweat started to form on my temples— I know exactly what’s going to happen next. And I’ve always hated it. 

 

 

“Who’s the strongest one in this batch?” He said as he scanned his eyes. The room was engulfed by complete silence. I swallowed another lump in my throat as I began praying to all the gods and deities out there to have someone volunteer— but instead of answering my prayers, they made my father look in my direction. 

 

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” My name echoed in his mouth. I cursed under my breath as I made my way to the front. I fcking hate this. 

 

 

What my father meant by assess— means that he’d fight each and of us to see how great or worse our fighting capabilities are, it doesn’t matter what you do, or what technique you use as long as you fight. He’d be assessing us from our stance down to our combat strategy. My father’s been ‘assessing’ my brothers and me, the moment we’re able to walk— which isn’t really necessary if you ask me. 

 

 

This old fart is just a plain old bully who loves flaunting his power plays. 

 

 

“Joon bi” >> Ready. With my hands on both sides, I fixed my stance— and so did my father. 

 

 

“Kyungnet” >> Bow. I lowered my head. I felt everyone’s stare. They must be expecting a great sparring session from my father and I— after all, we’re both Byun’s. 

 

 

“Sijak!” >> Start. I crouched my knees a bit and made a horseback riding stance. I lift my hands midway with my fist closed. My father was standing before me— he’s inches smaller than me, but don’t let his height get the best of you. He waited for my move as he stood there in an offense. 

 

 

I bit the upper half of my lower lip as I began skipping in my heels. I probably look so cool right now— but you see I don’t know what to do next and I feel like ting myself right now. 

 

 

Bile started rising up my throat as I finally lunged at my father. As per the usual, he dodged every single one of my attacks without even doing the bare minimum. My heartbeat accelerated as I tried every possible move and attack but I never even managed to get a single sweat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter