The Government Lies

CROOKED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C R O O K E D

CHAPTER 9:

T H E   G O V E R N M E N T   L I E S

CHANYEOL'S POINT OF VIEW

Shortly after I stormed out of the dojo, Kai followed. We began walking towards Exo’s lounge. The lounge is a restricted area that can only be accessed by a student with an Exo status. It’s like the upgraded version of a common room that every student at Crooked High shares. It’s where we hold our meetings—which rarely happens. 

 

 

I stood in front of the door and the scanner atop the door scanned me and Kai. As soon as we were through with security, the door opened. The minute the door opened, a strong smell of coffee and bubble gum filled my nose. 

 

 

Kai and I walked in and the door behind us closed. The lounge is as big as the common room, though the items in here are better compared to the ones at the common room. My eyes roamed around and saw that the others haven’t arrived yet. 

 

 

“Bloody hell!” Kai shouted all of a sudden as he ran towards the other end of the lounge. I lifted my gaze up and saw Tao leaning against the wall beside the stockroom door. My jaw clenched as I noticed a black-eye on Tao’s face. I quickened my pace and soon enough I caught up with Kai. Tao’s lips parted at the sight of us—and before we were able to ask what happened, a loud thud came from the stockroom. 

 

 

“You told me what we had was wrong Wu Yifan.” Suho’s voice echoed inside. Kai and I exchanged glances but remained silent. 

 

 

“It was.” Kris’s voice replied. Kai placed his ear closed to the door and urged me to do the same. I flicked my middle finger at him and remained at my position which is in front of the stockroom door. 

 

 

“And now you’re with Tao?” Kai’s mouth dropped as he looked at me. Unease formed at my stomach as I looked at Tao. He sighed in defeat as he closed his eyes, highlighting his black-eyed face. Did Suho do this? 

 

 

“It’s complicated” Kris muttered. This time, my ear was placed closer to the door too. 

 

 

“Kris and Suho hyung huh” Kai whispered. I placed my finger at my mouth and motioned him to shut the fck up. After all, we don’t hear stuff like this on a daily basis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter