One out of Seven

CROOKED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C R O O K E D

CHAPTER 10:

O N E  O U T  O F  S E V E N  

BAEKHYUN'S POINT OF VIEW

After my heated conversation with my father, I went back to my classes. As per the usual, I aced all the academic subjects— even that weird essence of manhood and procreation 101. By the end of the essence of manhood and procreation 101 class, I was able to earn back enough points to supplement my negative ones. 

 

 

I checked my status once again as I walked myself to detention. For some odd reason, I’m expected to be at the detention hall by 16:00 by the dot. I quickened my pace and arrived 15 minutes earlier.

 

 

I think I’m slowly understanding how the pointing system here at Crooked High works. When you excel in your classes you’d be able to earn points, hence when you slack off, you earn negative points that will be subtracted to the points you earned, if you piss off a student with an Exo status-- especially the Exo commanding officer of the day, you'd earn negative points too. I wonder if they can give out points too since they also have the power to grant negative ones. 

 

 

I sighed as I made my way to the door. There must be some other way to earn more points, I really want to get out of this place as soon as possible.

 

 

I was about to push it open when someone from the other side came out. It was the guy who was with my father at his office earlier. His lips were swollen and his hair was a mess. I also didn’t fail to notice that his top was missing a button. 

 

 

“Don’t worry about detention Byun Baekhyun, he seems to be in a good mood.” He said as walked passed through me. I knit my brows together as I watched him leave. 

 

 

What the hell happened inside, and who is the ‘he’ that he’s pertaining to? More importantly, who the fck is that guy? I don’t recall seeing him on the student’s profile on phone provided by the government— Is he a staff maybe? 

 

 

It’s hard to tell the students apart from the staffs and instructors. After all, there’s no prescribed uniform for the students aside from the advanced martial arts and science classes.

 

 

I pushed the door forward and went in. To my surprise, it was the Exo commanding officer of the day. Oh Sehun. So Exo handles detentions too? Just how much power does a student with an Exo status hold?

 

 

His back was slumped on the chair with his face facing upwards. His eyes were pressed shut as he breathes loudly. His whole state was in disarray as the afternoon sun kissed his ripped chest. My eyes trailed down further to his toned abs. 

 

 

I swallowed a cold lump in my throat as I stepped backwards— what the hell happened in here? His eyes were closed as he exhaled exasperatedly. Man, this is awkward— but damn those perfectly sculpted abs— I wonder what’s his workout regimen. My lips slightly parted as I in the air, and as I did, he opened his eyes. 

 

 

“Where’s Luhan hyung?” Sehun said as he craned neck to the side. His aura right now differs greatly from our encounter this morning— as if he’s not the same person as earlier. 

 

 

“He went out,” I said briefly. He went up to his feet and began walking towards me. My breath hitched as he stopped in front of me. I can’t help but be bothered by his undone shirt. 

 

 

“Why are you here, are you lost?” he said in a deep voice as he rested his hand at the door behind me. I swallowed another cold lump in my throat as I avoided his gaze. Is this what they do to their detainees here at Crooked High? 

 

 

“No, I’m not, I-I’m actually expected here at 16:00— which is right now.” My eyes were fixated at the floor as he inched closer— 

 

 

“That’s odd… I thought I cleared out all of my detainees. The app must’ve had another glitch.” His mouth was almost touching the skin on my right ear as he sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter