Chapter 6: Surprises

SAVE ME : A BTS FANFIC [JIMIN X OC]

CHAPTER 6: SURPRISES

SAVE ME

 

I gathered up all of my strength as I walk myself back to our classroom. There were only a few students left including Jimin. And I can’t thank the heavens enough that Jin Ri isn’t around—and that she didn’t clawed her hands at me when we were at the restroom earlier.

 

 

I placed my hand inside the pocket of my skirt and ran my fingers at the edge of the piece of paper that Jimin accidently gave me. I took it out and placed it in front of him. He looks up to me with a confused look.

 

 

“I have a lot of questions in my mind right now—but let’s start with this piece of paper” I said calmly. He his bottom lip before he grabbed the small paper and unfolded it.

 

 

“What does your question have to do with me—and why do you think I’d be answering them little lamb?” I tucked my hair behind my ear, as I try to think of something reasonable—well he has a point. I inhaled and exhaled a couple of few times—but nothing came into my mind.

 

 

So instead, here’s what I told him “Please…” and he smiled upon my defeat.

 

 

“Okay, I’ll answer your questions—” and I squealed like a teenager—well I am a teenager… so…

 

 

“Though I’d be limiting it to one question a day—and I’d only be answering them, on our way home” I frowned upon his request—but confusion flooded my face.

 

 

On our way home?

 

 

Does he think I’d go home with him? After Jin Ri’s threat, I don’t think being caught with him would be a good idea.

 

 

“Jin Ri” I blurted out.

 

 

“Her ballet classes resumed yesterday—she won’t be able to bother us after class” he started packing his stuff. It baffles me how casual he can be after telling me that, He has a girlfriend and yet he wants to take me home?—

 

 

“But why would you want to walk me home?” I said.

 

 

His gaze met mines once again and he winced—he freaking winced.

 

 

“Oh I don’t know—maybe after your little stunt yesterday your mom made me look after you—that’s one question answered today.” He said as he began walking. I stomped in front of him.

 

 

“We’re still at school grounds, so that question doesn’t count—but why would you look after me? It’s not like we’re friends” I said as I grabbed my bag behind him. My face reddened when I realized what I just did.

 

 

Jin Ri would kill me.

 

 

I straightened my stance and cleared my throat.

 

 

“Do I need to answer that?” he said. His face was void of emotion—though his ears turned red—cute.

 

 

“noPe” I said as I popped the P. I turned my back and started walking. We continued walking—he’s at a safe distance away from me, but I can still feel his awkwardness from earlier.

 

 

As soon as we reached the bus stop he closed the distance between the two of us.

 

 

“So what question shall I be answering today?” He said. My eyes were still fixated on the road.

 

 

“What does it mean… the one you wrote on that small piece of paper? and why did you gave it to me, I know that you didn’t have it in your hand on accident… was it for Jin Ri?” oh sht, I asked too many questions all at once—I need to take it back.

 

 

“No it’s not for Jin Ri.” – and there goes my question—how can I waste it like that? But at the same time… I felt a warm flutter on my stomach.

 

 

If it’s not for Jin Ri… then was it really for me? I sneaked a look on Jimin, there’s a small smile at his lips—like an actual decent smile without a hint of any smugness to it. Then I traced where he was looking at.

 

 

And why haven’t I noticed this earlier?

 

 

Haru smiled a little at him before stepping inside a black car.

 

 

Of course that note didn’t belonged to Jin Ri—because it was Haru’s all along. Haru’s conversation with Jimin echoed in my head.

 

 

“I thought you’d be breaking up with that girl”

 

 

I felt bile rising up to my throat—soon after a wave of nausea came next. I need to leave—but before I was able to do anything else, I felt a hand on my arm.

 

 

“let’s go.” I heard Jimin say. He pulled me towards the bus and there was no strength left in me to protest. We sat at the farthest back corner of the bus. Jimin didn’t utter a word during the entire bus ride.

 

 

I wonder if Jin Ri knows about Haru—

 

 

“we’re here” he said informing me. We got down the bus and began walking again. I peered over my shoulder that he’s following me still—then a thought occurred to me… what if he’s a stalker?

 

 

“I can manage from here” I said as I stopped in front of him. He stood still and reached for his pocket. He took out his phone and called someone.

 

 

“YuP, she’s on her way—she said she’ll manage on her own.” Jimin said.

 

 

“Is that my mom?” I asked curiously and he just nodded and continued talking to my mom—Unbelievable, I mean... How can they be that close? I didn’t waited for Jimin to finish talking to my mom and sprinted towards our house. I was almost out of breath when I saw mom standing at the door.

 

 

“why didn’t you invited your friend over—I made enough sandwiches.” Mom cooed. I walked past her and went straight to the kitchen to fetch the sandwiches.

 

 

“He’s not my friend” I said as I began stuffing the sandwich in my mouth. Mom grabbed a sandwich too and gave it a small bite. I’m still mad at her for making me move here with her—and I’m even more pissed off cause she’s already having an affair shortly after her new marriage.

 

 

“so, he’s your boyfriend then?” she asked as she took another bite at the sandwich.

 

 

“what? No” I said almost too quickly that I wasn’t able to chew the sandwich bite properly.

 

 

“Why not? He’s a nice kid—and he looks good too” I gave mom a disgusted look and she dared laugh at me.

 

 

“Maybe it’s time you start living a little… I’m sure the boys would like that as well” She smiled a bit as she reached for my hand. Maybe I should tell my mom about my visit yesterday. Now that she mentioned the boys, I’m sure she won’t be mad after knowing that I went away without telling her.

 

 

“Mom, I actually—” but before I was able to finish, the doorbell rang and mom sprang up to her feet and made her way to the door and opened it. I closed my eyes and prayed to every god and deity that the person behind our door ringing that doorbell won’t be him.

 

 

But you see, sometimes the gods don’t grant your prayers.

 

 

“Jimin! What a surprise, come on in! I made enough sandwiches”

 

 

What a surprise indeed.

 

 

MISSTEARHUES' NOTE

 

HELLO LOVES! AS PROMISED ITS A DOUBLE UPDATE! 

There will be more surprises ahead-- or not. I bet some of you have your theories by now, and again your comments will be very much appreciated hihihi. 

And if anyone of you guys want help with layouts feel free to message me as well. I'd be very willing to suggest/tutor you or something.