Chapter 1: Encounter

SAVE ME : A BTS FANFIC [JIMIN X OC]
CHAPTER 1: ENCOUNTER
SAVE ME

 

The cold wind gushes over my skin and it made breathing even harder. I gripped the straps of my backpack tighter as I get closer to the gates. It’s not the first time I’d be transferring schools, so I don’t get why I’m this nervous. I stopped and reached for my phone. I immediately opened our group chat. My last message was still left unread.

 

I sighed in defeat as I tried to dial Taehyung Oppa’s number—and as usual, it went straight to voicemail.

 

“Yah, Kim Taehyung, you guys should stop ignoring me. It’s not funny. Call me soon”

 

I placed my phone back to my pocket and started walking again. It’s been a while since the guys stopped checking our group chat—well except for Taehyung, he’s the only one checking them every once and a while, but he doesn’t respond at all. I get that they’re all mad at my sudden move—but that decision didn’t come from me.

 

To be honest, I’m coerced to move away with my mom’s new family. And even if I do want to stay, I won’t be able to survive there on my own.

 

“Excuse me—“ I said as I tried passing through a group of guys that are huddled in the middle of the hallway. I can’t help but remember the guys back home—I suddenly smiled at the thought, though it quickly vanished as soon as I heard someone said my name.

 

“Isn’t she Moon Jia, the girl who—“ I slowly turned back to them, as I waited for them to finish off what they were about to say. I just moved here and they seem to know something about me already, which seems a bit odd.

 

Though before they had a chance to speak some more, another guy popped up at the end of the hallway giving them THE look. I can’t exactly explain THE look, but when he gave it off everyone went rigid and quiet. He stopped in front of me shortly with his hands on his pockets.

 

“Are you Moon Jia?” he asked. It took some time before I was able to realize that he’s actually taking to me. I tried opening my mouth to say something, but I stopped midway and nodded my head like an idiot instead.

 

“Don’t concern yourself with these fools, you’re gonna be late for your class.” He continued walking the moment he said those to me. I looked around and saw that I was the only one standing at the hallway. I took my phone out and checked where my homeroom was—and oh look at the time! I started running—but you see the thing is, I’m actually new and I’m not really familiar with the place.

 

I should’ve taken mom’s advice last night and set my alarm earlier. It took me forever before I was able to locate my homeroom, but I was lucky enough that the teacher wasn’t around—that or he just left early.

 

Either ways, I don’t really care that much. I took my phone out once again and checked our Line group chat. This time Taehyung finally read it—but he’s still not replying.

 

I decided to send a new message to our group chat.

“I know you can read my messages, you guys should quit the act now. I’m getting sick of your games”

 

I sent another message shortly after

 

“I miss you guys, wish you were here, xoxo Jia”

 

“Hi!” I almost fell off my seat when this random girl appeared out of nowhere.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry did I startle you?” She said with the sweetest voice that she can muster. I don’t really dig this chick. Back when I was still with the guys, I detest girls like this. I meant no prejudice, but you see back home, girls like this usually hate me—because of the fact that I’m friends with the Bangtan High’s Kingka’s – or the infamous BTS as their fangirls call them. I don’t get why they’re head over heels for those dorks—if only they knew how troublesome those guys can get.

 

“No, not really” I said as I plastered a simple smile on my face.

 

“I haven’t caught your name yet—since you’re late.” She said once again with her honey coated voice—I bet she runs this place, must be the Queen Bee or something.

 

“Jia, Moon Jia” I said to her.

 

“Jin Ri, Shin Jin Ri—I’m Jimin’s girlfriend” She said with a sweet, sweet smile on her face. I smiled back in return. This girl is nuts.

 

“Okay…” I was trying to ease the awkwardness, but its not. I opened my phone and pretended that I was texting someone—but she’s still not leaving. What does she want? I just got here, I don’t even know who that Jimin guy is.

 

“Stop scaring the little lamb Jin Ri, get your back to your sit before the teacher comes in” a voice said. I didn’t bothered to look at the person speaking. I was so immersed in my fake texting that I actually sent it to our group chat.

“afshhhhaggagagagahkjjhasjgdjhgsahjdgjhasgjh”

 

The teacher went inside the classroom and everyone else went back to their seats. He looks young to be a teacher. He had a dimple at one side of his cheek.

 

“Let’s make ourselves useful this year okay?” he said as he showed off his god given dimple. Half of the girls swooned over him as he began talking some more. I would have had appreciated his visuals if only that Jin Ri chick ain’t throwing dagger looks at me.

 

I smiled a bit the moment I caught her eye. She smiled too, albeit forced. She looked at the guy on her right and held his hand possessively. My gaze wandered off at guy sitting beside her. I met the same cold gaze he gave at the hallway earlier. Now things made more sense. That Jimin guy talked to me earlier—I looked back at Jin Ri before transitioning my focus back to our teacher, I believe he called himself Mr. Park.

 

I peered under my desk and checked if I got any messages, but you see your girl doesn’t have a boyfriend, and her boy friends are refusing to talk to her—and you see that girl is me. I sighed in exhaustion.

 

“Don’t mind Jin Ri, Jimin’s going to break up with her soon enough” said the same voice who swatted Jin Ri off earlier. This time I looked at her. She doesn’t have any emotion on her face. I just nodded like an idiot in response. Her gaze went back to Mr. Park.

 


 

Since it’s the first day of class, the teachers didn’t really discussed that much. They just went through the class syllabus and assigned us our new seats. For some reason, I ended up sitting with Park Jimin—which of course isn’t a good idea.

 

Jimin didn’t mind the seating arrangement at all—though it was a different story for Jin Ri, she kept nagging the whole time but Mr. Park gave no qualms about her tantrums. The moment that our classes ended, Jin Ri went over to our seat and hooked her arms around Jimin’s.

 

“I heard about this new dessert place, can you come with me?” Jin Ri asked. Jimin gave her a cold stare and took his bag. I was still sitting at my seat, eavesdropping.

 

“Can’t. I’m busy.” He said emotionless.

 

“But it’s only the first day of class? You can’t be busy” She took her hand off him. She sat at his table without breaking off her gaze from him. Jimin just looked at her, she sighed in defeat. She took his hand and smiled.

 

“Why don’t I take the little lamb with me instead, I’m sure she won’t mind—right Jia?” this time I fell over my seat. I propped my elbow as I was helping myself up, though before I can finally get to my feet, Jimin offered me his hand.

 

“You don’t need to force anyone to come with you Jin Ri, I’ll come with you” Jimin said to Jin Ri. I reached up to his hand—and almost instantly I felt the warmth rushing through his palm. I bit the inside of my cheek as I tried to suppress a squeal.

 

Who knew that he’s capable of warmth despite his cold glares.

 

The moment I got back up my feet, the world began moving again. Jin Ri tip toed and tried to give him a peck on lips, though Jimin moved almost to quickly that her kiss landed on his cheek instead.

 

“Let’s go” She said as she began tugging him. Jimin’s grip on my hand faded.

 

I clenched my fist as I tried to fill the void he left when he let go of my hand. And as I did, I felt a piece of paper. I quickly unclenched my fist and unfurled the small piece of paper. In there a small note was written.

 

“Today the Moon shines brighter on the blank spot in my memories”

 

MISSTEARHUES's NOTE
Hello! It's been forever since I wrote a story, so I'm a bit rusty hehe and I actually dreamed about a condensed version of this story—and to be honest this one was one of the nicest dream I’ve had this 2019, so I thought It’d be nice to share it to all of you guys! 
Stay tuned for more updates! Let's all be friends *heartsueee*