Chapter 2: Late

SAVE ME : A BTS FANFIC [JIMIN X OC]

CHAPTER 2: LATE

SAVE ME

 

I kept tossing and turning. It’s almost 2 in the morning and I’m still wide awake. I kept thinking about the paper Jimin gave me. Did he do it on purpose? What if he was supposed to give it to his girlfriend?

 

 

Wait he doesn’t seem to be that ‘kind’ of guy who gives cute little notes to his girlfriend—well, what if he’s that ‘kind’ of guy? I mean, I thought he’s cold, but when he held my hand, it was as if there was some sort of hot nuclear explosion the moment our skin came into contact.

 

 

Ugh, I hate you Park Jimin!

 

 

I sat up and reached for the piece of paper at my nightstand.

 

 

Today the Moon shines brighter on the blank spot in my memories

 

 

Today the Moon shines brighter on the blank spot in my memories. Today the Moon—did he actually meant the moon? Cause if he actually meant THE moon, it’s not actually at its glorious form right now.

 

 

Or was this supposed to be a metaphor or something? Is Park Jimin actually a poetic kind of boyfriend?

 

 

No offense, but Jin Ri doesn’t seem like an intellectual kind of girlfriend.

 

 

Out of frustration, I reached for my phone next and checked my messages. And again there were no replies. I sighed in defeat, I really want to talk to any of the guys right now—though I already know what they would definitely say. I hovered my finger at my phone gallery and looked at our photos.

 

 

I was holding hands with Jungkook while Tae Hyun hooked his arm on my free arm while Nam Joon, Jin, Yoon Gi and Hoseok tried to rip the 3 of us apart. Mom took this photo when I first introduced Jung Kook as my boyfriend. At first it was only the two of us in the picture then other guys started meddling.

 

 

I scrolled down my gallery and saw more photos of me and boyfriend—Ex boyfriend. I tossed my phone at the nightstand and focused on the piece of paper instead.

 

 

Today the Moon shines brighter on the blank spot in my memories

 

 

Today the Moon—wait, did he purposely write the ‘Moon’ that way? Did he meant me? Moon Jia?

 

 

Today the Moon shines brighter on the blank spot in my memories

 

 

Did I shone bright today on the blank spot in his memories? I should probably stop overthinking—the guy has an obsessed girlfriend for fuqs sake—and she’ll probably kill me if she hears my thoughts right now.

 

 

I buried my face at my pillow and grunted. “I want to sleep, please let me sleep”. I tried pretending that I was asleep—but if anything, I felt more distressed. I reached for my phone once again and pressed speed dial one. A.K.A. Kim Taehyung’s number/ bff no.1

 

 

“Come on, pick the phone up you lazy ” I said as I pressed the phone harder to my ear—and to my surprise he actually did!

 

 

“Yah! Kim Taehyung, should we go for ramen tomorrow?” It will be a three hour car ride, but I really need to see my guys as soon as possible.

 

 

“Yah! Kim Taehyung, I’m going there tomorrow whether you like it or not— Jung Kook can come—and don’t tell my mom – bye ” I disconnected the call. I propped my elbow and sat up. I need to make sure that my call really went through.

 

 

I checked the call logs and saw that Taehyung actually picked it up and the conversation even lasted for a good 2 mins—but can I really call it a conversation when I was the only one talking?

 

 

Aigoo, tomorrow I’d be able to see them again. For sure I’d be able to make them talk—I mean they can’t ignore me forever.

 

I can’t breathe—everything around me has been engulfed by darkness. For a moment, it made me question if everything else is pitch black or if I can’t see. I blinked rapidly as I felt hot tears on my eyes. I can’t see anything—I can’t—

 

 

“Jia?” there was uncertainty in the voice whose calling out to me.

 

 

I tried reaching out my hand, though I can’t tell which direction I’d be reaching out to.

 

 

“Jia?” the voice sprang to life once again. I keep trying to see through the darkness, but it was too overwhelming—not even a faint light is passing through.

 

 

“You have a 7 am class, its 6:45” the voice cooed—and then it hit me. I marveled through the darkness and opened my eyes. I tried to help myself up but the gravity is pulling me towards my bed.

 

 

All beds are cursed—I’m gonna start sleeping on the floor.

 

 

“Mom! Why didn’t you wake me up earlier? I’m gonna be late!” I said as I took the towel and ran towards the toilet.

 

 

“Oh Jia honey, you’re already late—back when I was your age, I was always late too” I ignored her and quickly fixed myself for school. I wasn’t able to have mom’s heavenly breakfast today— to be me—and I forgot to drink my multivitamins. You see your girl is a very sickly kid, so she needs them supplements to make her stronger—but one day won’t probably hurt.

 

 

I was huffing as I arrived the school grounds, and shortly after I arrived, another student came. I did a little victory dance in my head knowing that I’m not the only student who’s gonna receive some kind of consequence. I let out a small grin.

 

 

“What are you grinning about little lamb? You excited to get punished with me?” he said in a low grumble. Sweet baby jisas—apparently the he that I was referring to is mother-PARK-er Jimin.

 

 

“W-what? No?” my grin vanished completely and I’m mentally stabbing myself for stuttering in front of this—ho—Human.

 

 

“I see you don’t want to be punished with me, I’m guessing that you’d rather have me do the punishing?” I swallowed a big lump on my throat—and began praying for the arrival of the actual discipline officer.

 

 

“by the way, I need that piece of paper back” he said as he tried to pry in my gaze. I felt a small knot forming in my stomach—I’m hungry.

 

 

“Should we go get breakfast?” he asked with an emotionless tone. He placed his hands at his pockets as he looked at me.

 

 

“We’re late.” I said—stating the obvious.

 

 

“That’s pretty obvious isn’t it? You wanna know what else is obvious?” I met his gaze and challenged it. I crossed my arms and said nothing—though it’s a different story with my stomach.

 

 

“Let’s fill up that bad boy right there, I know a place—we’re already late anyways” Before I can even protest he was already dragging me away. His warm hands covered mines as he was pulling me away the school grounds.

 

 

I didn’t said a word as he dragged me across the street. We entered a ramen place where an old man greeted him. A nauseating wave of flashback hit me, causing my stance to falter a little. I sat at the nearest stool, Jimin was still at the counter ordering so he didn’t noticed. I’m not gonna miss any breakfast starting tomorrow.

 

 

I closed my eyes a bit as I pressed both my hands at each side of my temple. I felt the table shift a little. As I opened my eyes I saw Jimin staring right at me—he’s not sporting his usual cold stare/gaze—instead what I saw in his eyes is something completely different. There was a mixture of uncertainty in his eyes as he was studying me. I placed my hands back to my lap and cleared my throat. His cold demeanor was switched on once again.

 

 

“The paper, do you have it with you?” he said.

 

 

“What paper?” I asked, looking innocent as possible—though I knew that he’d see past through the façade.

 

 

“It slipped when I helped you up.” His tone started to hardened. The innocence didn’t leave my face—and I need to commend myself for not faltering.

 

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I said. I place my hands in front and intertwined them without breaking off the gaze. A grin slowly crept up his lips.

 

 

“Why lie for a piece of paper, little lamb? My eyebrow twitched at the comment— little lamb—do I look like a lamb? I sure am little, but I don’t look like a lamb.

 

 

“Why go through all of this for a piece of paper?” I asked. I expected him to bicker at me but he didn’t utter another word. The timing was perfect, cause our food was being brought upon our table—at least we’d be eating and I’d be able to dodge his future questions. But as the food came, he went up to his feet and left—I rolled my eyes as his back faced me. I don’t mind free food at all!

 

 

It was already quarter to 9 when I finished eating my meal—which only means that your girl isn’t planning on returning to school anymore. I took my phone out and messaged Taehyung

 

“I’m heading over there, I’ll be there in 3 hours.”

 

 

As I stepped out of the bus, my heartbeat went ecstatic. It’s been a while since I last got here, though despite that everything still looks the same. I checked my phone and noticed that I arrived earlier than usual. I walked myself to the grounds of Bangtan High. There was a new guard who doesn’t seem to care about me prancing at the school gates.

 

 

I went to our usual hangout spot near the football field. I wonder if the guys are all in the same class. I looked around and saw the infamous freedom wall—actually the school admin, always have this repainted every new term comes, cause it always gets so crowded with vandals from the students.

 

 

I peered at the small corner at the upper left of the wall to see if it was still there. I smile escaped my lips as I read what was written. “JungKook X Jia”but beneath it there were words like “Jia’s a ” or “Jia u btch”. I sighed as I read the things that are written.

 

 

I still have half an hour before our meeting time at the small restaurant Jung Kook’s family owns. I placed my hand in the pocket of my skirt and felt the edge of the folded paper. Why didn’t I just handed the paper back to him? Sometimes, I don’t really get myself—though I’m sure that I’m not the only one who feels that way. I’m sure half of the population feels that way too.

 

 

As I was reading the vandals, I came across a familiar hand writing—I remembered it because it’s my hand writing.

 

 

Today the moon shines brighter on the blank spot in my memories

 

 

I grip the paper inside my pocket—I can’t remember writing anything like this—but I also know that it’s me who wrote this. The nausea came creeping back in.

 

 

“Today the moon shines brighter on the blank spot in my memories” I read slowly. I paused for a while as I noticed that there was something written after it.

 

 

Save me