Part VI Seungcheol

If you were mine, if I was yours

Thank you all for reading, subscribing and I wish you enjoy the last chapter. I know the chapters had quite big time lapses between each other, but I wanted to portray the main events from the different characters’ point of view as years passed. Also I couldn’t stop myself from using SVT song’s lyrics when Jihoon was involved. He is such a great composer and lyricist.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“Jihoon”

The younger turned around slowly and gave Seungcheol a small smile after hearing his name being called.

They had just received the copy of the lyrics for the track “Home” and with each word Seungcheol felt the warmth of their rebuilding friendship. The members had been happy while listening to Jihoon’s demo and the title track was decided just like that. They all trusted their main composer and were ready to start working in their own parts along with the choreography. 

He was excited too as every album was a new opportunity. A reminder that they were still there, that their pre debut dream did came true and that they had a loving fandom that recognized all their hard work.

He turned to look back at Jihoon, but the other was completely focused on Soonyoung and showing his dazzling smile. Soonyoung had started doing random steps that Seungcheol was sure were going to end in the final choreography. But he knew Jihoon’s smile had a deeper meaning than just being amused by the steps.

Seungcheol had been blind to it while trying to get over his own feelings for the younger, but after their conversation in the kitchen, the situation became clear. Soonyoung’s feelings were obvious, but he could see Jihoon’s indecision. He knew that situation very well as he had been through it with Jeonghan. It also took him a while to accept his new feelings, but he knew giving an opportunity to the other was the best decision. They had a strong relationship and Jeonghan was the best partner to help him dealing with the members. He was always caring and made Seungcheol feel like everything would be alright.

Just like when he was heartbroken, the soft but constant support from Jeonghan made things easier to bear. When he needed a hand to hold, a hug, a smile or simply someone looking back at him, Jeonghan had been there. Many times he had asked himself until when he had to keep waiting for Jihoon and since when he had started losing himself in the process.  He had poured those same questions in front of Jeonghan and had received nothing but an open heart full of love. The older had felt horribly at the possibility of hurting the other as much as he had been hurt. But Jeonghan had his own way of dealing with things and gave him time to think about it with no pressure.

Seungcheol had been thankful for that and now with just holding the other in his arms it felt like everything would be alright. Jeonghan had told him that nothing was everlasting, but every time he was with the other it felt like time had stopped. He was sure their hearts were beating at the same pace and they could share so much love through kissing.

But his concern for Jihoon was something he knew wouldn't change. As long as the other was sad, Seungcheol knew he wouldn't be completely happy.

The day Soonyoung had asked him if he could pick up Jihoon from the studio, Seungcheol had been wary. They had just started talking again a few days ago and the older didn't want to cut that, but he knew he couldn't be selfish. Not after hearing Soonyoung being completely honest with his feelings. And Seungcheol knew their performance leader would be good to Jihoon.

After that day, the two younger leaders had become closer and it was clear that Soonyoung made Jihoon happy. He was always smiling and laughing when he looked at the dancer; and Seungcheol wished they could show the same fondness they had inside the recording studio when they were out it. He didn't want to pressure the younger, but he could see Soonyoung trying to smile over Jihoon’s constant rejection and it pained him. Jeonghan told him he shouldn't meddle, that Jihoon would open his heart on his own time, but it wasn't easy.

Not when he read lyrics to songs that he knew were reflection of Jihoon’s feelings and he just wanted to hug the other and tell him that it was okay to try again. That even when their relationship didn't work, he shouldn't be afraid of his feelings for another person. That he could overcome all the fears that pushed them away if he was with the right person.  That even if it was okay to be a bit afraid, pushing the other away would only hurt both of them.

“I know, hyung.” Jihoon said after being victim of Seungcheol’s intense gaze when he pushed Soonyoung out of the couch. They didn't talked about it, but the older was sure they were getting back at their communication without words and that made him feel at peace. The way Jihoon started to reciprocate to his actions in and out of stage was something that made Seungcheol extremely happy. Also it was always fun to tease the younger when he got distracted by the performance team leader’s antics. So he couldn't help but laugh when Soonyoung’s loud voice boomed in their practice studio one night.

“Ah-ha! I have some important news” he practically shouted while motioning for the members to sit down. Jihoon was looking down clearly embarrassed by the other’s actions, so Seungcheol just patted his shoulders and gave him a smile.

It wasn't really that surprising for the members, some of them even joked about a bet of how long it would take Jihoon to accept Soonyoung. And between more jokes and laughs everything had seemed to be getting better than ever. But they had to focus on their coming presentations and next mini album, so Jihoon gave Seungcheol a playful glare before leaving an overexcited Soonyoung and returning to the studio.

It had been a few weeks after that, and as the members started leaving the meeting room ready to practice the lyrics before the recording day, Seungcheol approached the composer. He was proud of the younger. Once again he had made an amazing job with the songs and Seungcheol was sure the mini album would be a success. Jihoon looked tired, but satisfied; however Seungcheol knew he had stayed behind to wait for him. It was the first time he had heard “Home” as an entire song, this time Jihoon had been really secretly about it.

“Jihoonie... ” he said standing next to the other.                   

“Cheol hyung....” the younger said turning to look at him.

They stood there in a comfortable silence listening to the voices of the members talking animatedly outside of the room.

 

“You are my home too, Jihoon.”

Seungcheol said those words thinking of all the years they had spent together practicing, eating, laughing and even fighting and crying. How they had grown up and endured the hardships in front of them. Now they had someone new by their side, but Seungcheol knew he wouldn't be himself if it wasn't for Jihoon in his life.

And when he turned to look at the younger, he was met with a smile he had to return. They smiled at each other in a knowing way and Seungcheol launched himself into a hug even when Jihoon tried to push him away.  They stayed like that listening to the voices of their main vocals practicing outside.

 

“If you look at it, it may be difficult

Anytime, I will always be standing here

You can think of it in a comfortable way

Cause’ I’m your home home home home

The place where you can cry

The place where you can come.”

And Seungcheol just tightened his hug, because he knew that retelling the story he had created with Jihoon would not only bring tears or smiles, but a bit of both at the same time, and he wouldn't want it in any other way.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

The lyrics in the story are from Seventeen's song: Home

And the English translation from https://lyricskpop.net/lyrics/seventeen-home-english-translation/

*Fuarief: Thank you for your comment. My first SVT ship is Jicheol, so I felt bad for them no to end together in this fic, but I wanted to portray what is more noticeable in their interactions on screen. But I think Home is definitely their era hehe. I’m thinking of writing another story with them together, because in this one Jihoon had too many troubles realizing his feelings and didn’t take the opportunity to have Seungcheol as more than a friend. But I also think their friendship is so precious, since they have known each other for so long.

 

*Kimminah89: Thanks for your comment and for staying till the end. Soonyoung is like the sun, so he will definitely make Jihoon happy hehe.