Wish 8: Hide Here In My Arms

The Lucky Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Filming]

 

"Stop crying, Dahyun-ah." Mina whispered in her ears while holding her.

 

"No, Mina unnie... You can't compete with your sprained ankle and it's because of me~ You worked hard for it. I ruined it. Sorry. I'm really----" Dahyun stopped her words when she felt the Japanese beauty lean forward and pressed her lips on her cheek.

 

 

It made Dahyun's mind mess up, Mina so close to her, like she can feel her breath against her face, makes her heart race multiplied times. Mina's lips are so soft, her smile so tender and sweet, the hand under her chin when she kissed her cheek warm and gentle.

This is actually a first time for them to have an intimate scene that is more than just hugs and holding hands. This is like a way for them to get comfortable as the 'real kiss scene' is approaching them.

 

"Stop apologizing, Dahyun. It's not your fault, it's no one's fault. Accidents does occur. It's not the first time I hurt my ankle. Don't cry over me." Mina spoke after leaning out, saying these in all sincerity. Dahyun turns to face her, looking at her intently while tears are flowing down on her face.

 

Mina continues, "because seeing you cry makes my heart hurt. Don't cry and don't blame yourself." Mina run her thumbs on Dahyun's cheeks, erasing those tears that makes Mina's character weak.

 

It made Dahyun shuts her eyes, feeling the caress of the Japanese actress on her face very soothing.

 

"I don't like you seeing sad or hurt, Dahyun. I always wanted you to be happy and smiling. I don't like you being like this, don't do this again, alright?" Mina softly said.

 

With her eyes closed, it feels as if her heart had beat hard enough against her chest that she worried Mina could feel it when she held her close. Dahyun opens her eyes, she immediately find herself melt under those heavy meaningful gaze. She held the gaze for so long till she spoke, remembering her next line she supposedly to say.

 

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to go buy you some food? Maybe it can help.. or something to drink? Water? I'll buy you some.. or wanna go home, I'll take you home.." Dahyun is about to stand up but Mina tugged her wrist down and said so weakly, as if she was pleading, "No, just stay here and don't leave me..."

 

"But Mina unnie...."

 

"Kim Dahyun, I want you to stay with me..." Mina said it firmly then next words made Dahyun a little caught off guard even she knows it, read it multiple lines during midnight, but still the words have the heavy effect on her, hearing her say "forever..." in her very tiny voice, like she wasn't saying these in front of the camera but Dahyun's only.

 

 

Kim Dahyun's face is burning, that's for sure, she can feel it. She sees Mina is staring at her, serious as ever while saying her line, "Stay. That is my third wish. That's it."

 

OH MY GOD, KIM DAHYUN JUST GET YOUR TOGETHER

 

Dahyun could only just gulped and nod. "S-Sure, your wish is my command, Mina unnie.." Dahyun smiles at her albeit nervously, she wishes that they don't have to reshoot this scene again.

 

"AND CUT!"

 

Dahyun releases a big relief sigh as she stood, helping Mina up from the floor like a gentlewoman as she is. Mina made her way over to the camera crew, looking at the scene they'd just filmed. The crew were very happy with it. Mina grins at her, calling her with her nickname she gave to the younger girl, "Hyun, take a look of this! It turned out great!"

 

Dahyun smiles while rewatching it, it totally did look great, they look really good together.

 

Mina held a fist out for Dahyun to bump. Dahyun gave her a smile, a small chuckle leaving her lips before she bumped her own against Mina's. The Japanese beauty let out a cute giggle, scooting closer to her as they watch their other scenes they shoot earlier.

 

Yeah, they'd be fine but Dahyun is sure her heart isn't.

 

__________________

 

"The spot is perfect! It will look great from this angle. I know it's really heavy. You may rest now boys. Thanks for the hard work!" Directornim smiled to those prop boys who managely make the set a little too different.

 

 

The university grounds looks very lovely today with all these decorations with subtle shade of pink all over the place, looking so romantic. It's Valentines Day after all in the script. They also made this little chapel with numerous flowers around the place. Later on, they'll shoot the marriage booth scene wherein they will capture Jeongyeon and Momo having a marriage with the help of (Pastor) Gaytor Sana, Coordinator Jihyo, Captors Tzuyu and Chaeyoung while Nayeon being the special guest and Dahyun being the special performer, Mina is out from the scene since it was written in the script that she was still injured and can't join them.

 

Directornim manuevering all the staff to set everything up to start their shoot the soonest. Dahyun can see how's everyone so hectic, she can see the tiredness in her Directornim's eyes so she filled up her paper cup with water and struts her way towards the director.

 

"Looking extra tired and busy now, hmm?" Dahyun offers the water, making him quickly take it as she gulped down the water in one shot.

 

"Of course, today's shooting is the longest and revolutionary one, changing the flow of the story drastically."

 

"Uh-uh, I'm sure people would hate you turning this way. They would really scream at Nayeon with her awful decisions in this episodes."

 

"There are really some people like that. They need some realizations, not only because of dreaming of their special ones being with someone who's not them. That's so unrealistic. This series must have drama, not only unicorns and rainbows. Hurt is part of the process of love, Dahyun."

 

That statement hits way too close right into her heart. Dahyun's expression changed into gloomy one. "You could try dating some time, Dahyun. I'm sure there's tons of people are down for you. With your charming remarks and cheeky grins, you make everyone swoon over you. If you would ask me, I think there's twenty plus people I knew wouldn't mind to date you."

 

Dahyun shrieks out, "W-What? W-What are you saying, Directornim? What's with the talk?"

 

"As I am saying, loose yourself Kim Dahyun! Go date, drink, get wasted! You know you never live up with your image which is this chic and casanova girl! I can't believe people make some total stupid rumors of you being heartbreaker, hooked up with these celebrities you just talked to during award shows. Like for real, with you looking and acting like this, I can't fathom people thinks of you that way!"

 

 

"So then thanks for crushing the image they built for me, I guess..." Dahyun chuckles, she knows the rumors well and she would say she's so used hearing it. "So I was saying again that we should get drunk and have fun after this shoot. You, me, and the other casts who would want to join us and visit this bar I frequently go when I need a drink. So are you-- I mean you have no choice, kid! You need to loose yourself with the amount of interviews, guestings I gave you three. You deserve to get your fun after all!"

 

Dahyun rubs the back of her head, she replied bashfully "Sure, I'm in. It's been a while for me."

 

"Geez such a workaholic actress." Directornim grimaced with a shake of his head, "Anyway, I don't want to get excited yet about our drinking time later but what do you think about the set-up today? Isn't pretty?"

 

 

Dahyun nods, eyes scanning around, "It's way beautiful to think that we design this place as it looks like professionals could only do it. It means this looks wonderful."

 

"I was waiting for you to praise me by bringing luxurious piano, you ungrateful child.."

 

Dahyun heartily laughed, eyes crescent, "Oh you want me to thank you for letting me be cool for once in this series, I see what you really are, Directornim."

 

"Of course! As you should! You play majestically, Dahyun! I won't let you in my series without you playing some piano, it's like I'm wasting a chance. To be honest, I just want you here in my series so I could have reason to listen how you play, Dahyun." He jokes, Dahyun playfully pushes him, "You're such a loser!"

 

Both of them doesn't mind throwing insults to each other because their Directornim is just like that, he's playful during off shoot and the same time very caring towards her stars, treating them like its own children or friends.

 

"Can't you blame me? You're so great in playing, okay? Now do me a favor and as a thank you, play some piece while we arrange before we begun the shooting. I think you're all up judging on how you dress right now."

 

"Wow, such a demanding boss. Aye captain! I'll make sure you won't regret renting the piano solely because of me."

Directornim shoot her a grin before leaving Dahyun.

Maybe I could really play to pass time...

 

Dahyun situated herself where the piano placed, opening its lid. Fingers gracing on the keys, noting this is indeed luxurious one. Dahyun set herself down in front of the piano, her hands test the keys carefully, curious about its sound. It's been a while since she last did this.

 

She plays around for a bit, trying to get her hands to remember the course of the melody.

 

She then settled her hands in the right places and started slowly to play some song whatever her fingers pleases to play.

 

Dahyun is just playing around with the keys so it's a big surprise to her when she hears someone behind her, clapping their hands and a praise. "As expected of you, you play the piano with ease."

Dahyun quickly turn behind her, seeing the girl smiling at her cheerfully, "Oh h-hi! I didn't know you'll be here, Mina unnie."

 

"Of course, wouldn't miss a chance to hear you play, Kim Dahyun." Mina staring at her in sweet, sweet face with a dumb smile placed on her face and wonders if she will be ready to give this girl up when all she wants is to keep her for herself.

Dahyun shake her thoughts, not this time to be emotional over Mina's loml.

"Mind if I can scoot over to sit with you?"

"Oh sure! Here.." Dahyun taps the space beside her, Mina suit herself at her side, looking so soft and pretty at her peripheral vision. Dahyun reminds her to play it cool, to whatever what's she feeling right now with the Japanese beauty sitting close with her.

Dahyun speaks, "Uhmm is there any song you want me to play perhaps?"

"Any song?"

"Uhmm I'll try my best to play it for you-- no I mean I have perfect pitch! I could make it for sure! Hahaha no I sound so---" Dahyun stops rambling when Mina puts her hand on her shoulder.

 

"Hey, calm down..." Mina giggly says as she shifts a little, moving to face her.

Oh.

Oh God.

The amount of distance between their faces is enough to make Dahyun's heart shoots right up against her ribcage and she already feel the intense heat starting to pool in her face.

"Did you know the song, 'She Said That'?"

"T-Toy sunbaenim?"

"Yep, that one... You knew?"

"Yes, I think I could play it."

"Good. I like that song.."

Dahyun disfunction from what she hears, she wanted to ask but Mina gestured her to start. Taking a breathe, she started pressing the keys, the beautiful melody erupts the whole place.

As she plays, she hears Mina's humming then soon she hears her singing the song. The girl's voice is beautiful, succeeding in calming Dahyun down in an instant.

Dahyun finds an odd comfort into Mina's delicate voice. Sending soft vibrations to her ears with its airy tone.

Dahyun feels almost overwhelmed with the admiration she felt for this girl. She finishes the song earlier, can't remember how the song goes in the latter part.

Glancing at the other girl, she put her hands into her lap to see Mina's bright face and waits for her to say something, anything.

 

"Wow, I-I did not know you could also sing really well. Is there anything that you can't do?"

 

"Hmmm, I can't play piano or any instruments in general so that's the bad thing for me."

 

Dahyun laughs, then she asked,"Want me to teach you?"

 

Dahyun can only watch the way Mina blinks, clearly ataken back and little lost in some way. Dahyun thinks it's a bad idea as she sees Mina fumbles, "O-Oh really??? You would do that for me?"

 

"Of course, you sang for me so in return I would teach you the basics."

 

"I--I would love that!" Mina beams a little nervously. Dahyun chuckles with the cute sight, "Put your hands on the keys then."

 

Mina's hands move on the keys and Dahyun places her own on top of hers, guiding each finger on the right key. Dahyun realizes then that she's actually doing some very intimate action towards the other girl as she sees Mina hung her head low, not looking their much to say interlacing hands.

 

Dahyun retracts her hands, hitting herself internally for forgetting to ask permission if it's okay to guide her hands like that.

 

"Uh sorry, I would just point out the keys for you to pres--" Mina cuts her off when she felt soft touch of her fingers gently rubbing against hers, as Mina placing their hands back on the keys, "This is better..." Mina says in hushed tone.

 

The words doesn't fail to make Dahyun's heart skip a beat. Dahyun gulped hard, trying to calm her erratic heartbeat.

 

She started instructing while trying her best to keep distance from the other girl. Mina seems following her as she listen carefully like a child.

 

"After that you continue with your left hand" Dahyun tries really hard to keep her focus but Mina's breath hitting her hair and ear with how close the girl moved, totally testing her limits. "And you press these two, one by one, then turn back to our E. Got it?"

 

"Yes, then what next? Am I going to use my right hand?" Mina asked in genuine curiosity, turning her face dangerously close to her left side profile. Dahyun couldn't bear to turn and make eye contact so she focused all of her attention on her hands placed in front of her on the piano.
 

Too close, too close, too close...

 

Dahyun's mind shouting like a mantra.

 

"Dahyun?"

She breaks out her reverie, Dahyun nods her head like a bobblehead, "Uh yeah yeah, after these two black keys and the E, you use your right hand to play these" Dahyun shows her the movement required.
 

"This is hard. I can't focus on my right hand" Mina whines.
 

"Okay, give me this hand then" Dahyun takes Mina's right hand into hers and put it down in between them to hold it. "And you play just the first part and i'll accompany you, okay?"
 

Mina replies in soft mumble, red ears recognisable, Dahyun thinks Mina wasn't feeling well. She had to remove her hands on her, placing it on her forehead instead, she asked "Are you okay, Mina unnie? You felt warm..."

 

"Y-Yes, I'm alright Dahyun... I'm normally like this."

 

"Normally? Your whole face didn't get so red like this but now. You know you can just rest first before we shoot the heartbreak scene. I'll ask an ice pack or the gel one to the staff. "

 

Dahyun was about to stand up but Mina pulled her back, tugging her wrist tightly as she says, "I'm not sick, Dahyun. I feel fine."

"Then why? Why your face is burning up?"

 

"Uhmm... Ah.. it's just because..." Dahyun is confused as she see Mina fumbling in her seat, eyes not looking on her as she tries to say something.
 

"Unnie, don't lie. You can tell me, Directornim would understand if you skip this shoot. It's not okay for you to work, now that we will definitely work in the longest hours this time. You should prioritize your health, Mina unnie. Let's go, I'll do the explaining..." Dahyun said firmly before tugging the other girl when suddenly she hears the words Mina spat out, "I'm like this because of you!"

 

Dahyun whipped her head to look at the Japanese beauty, she can see tinted red all over her cheeks while staring back at her, "Dahyun.. it's getting hard for me."
 

"Hard what? Unnie, I can't understand you. I'm really worried on what you are acting just now."

 

Mina's eyes turned into glazed ones, sad look painted in her face, she said quietly instead, "The sunlight is directed to me, it's too much, that's why."

 

Confusion morped in Dahyun's face before it registers to her, Dahyun beaming with "Oh! Let's switch places then."

 

She hears Mina let out a huff in frustration, she thinks she really make her upset or make the other girl uncomfortable in her seat.

 

 

They exchange their spots, Mina still doesn't look good, her head lowered, eyes only casting down on the keys.
 

I did something bad, isn't?

 

"I'm sorry…for whatever it is. I'm just worried about you, Mina unnie. Please don't be mad at me."
 

That made Mina raise her head, longing eyes directed at her before she broke a grin, "As if I'll be mad over you, Hyun."

"Hey! You got me there!!!"

 

Laughter erupts between them. Blinding smiles etched in their faces. "Your face! It looks like you are about to cry! Poor, kid!"

 

Mina cradles Dahyun's face, cupping it on her hands, smile never worn out as she keeps teasing her. Her eyes were soft, oozes with affection. Her lips are tilted in a caring smile and Dahyun realized she probably shouldn’t be looking straight at those. She tried to look back up but her eyes seemed to have a mind of her own, landing again and again on the one place they tried to avoid.

 

Mina's face was coming closer but everything else seemed fuzzy because she wasn’t even aware that her body was moving, squirming away. It was like she could feel nothing besides the flaming warmth on her cheeks and the tingling sensation on her lips and the furious beating of her heart against her ears.

 

Then God must really heard her prayers as she felt weight crashed on her back as Nayeon settled heavily on her back, suprising her with a camera on her hand, shoving it to her face, "NAYEON MISSES HER KID!", Mina leans away as Nayeon moves in between them, interrupting their moment.
 

 

Dahyun whines but nonetheless smile automatically, giving the camera a devious smirk as she says, "Are you stalking me, camera? Hmmmm…" then proceeds making weird looks while playing the piano.

 

"Dahyun, stop!" Nayeon giggled as Dahyun pulled faces at the camera.
 

 

"I could seduce the camera?" Dahyun asked. Without waiting for an answer, Dahyun grabbed the camera then she begins showing her charms like pouting, making kissy faces which is opposite of seduction causing both of main stars laugh at the intentional exaggeration and cringe.
 

"Hello there, can I just say that you're looking exceptionally exceptional today?" Dahyun said in a low, sultry tone, looking into the lens with flirtatious eyes. "The way you film is just incredible... the quality, you know. You just know how to get all the right angles. Truly perfect for me!"
 

 

"She's so good with this, I hate it." Nayeon whispered behind her, talking with Mina. Mina shrugged, smiling adoringly nonetheless.

 

"But she looks cute, how can you hate her?"

 

Nayeon gagged, "Myoui Mina being so soft to her? I guess I can't believe I'm witnessing this in my whole life."
 

"Why?"
 

"Because you're too slow, it's infuriating to see you the way you look at her. Not gonna lie, I interrupted you two because I know if you continue that staring game, one of you will lose it then regrets afterwards. This is not a good place for confession, Ms. Mina."

 

"H-How?" Mina's eyes went like saucers, can't believe Nayeon knows what she feels towards the younger girl who's still playing the camera, not hearing their conversation even a bit.

 

"They'll never tear us apart. I'm crazy for you camera-"

 

"Alright! Lights are fixed, the filming will start soon!" someone yelled out and Dahyun pouted, the side of the camera.

 

"Until we meet again-"

 

"Kid, stop being over dramatic." Nayeon said before snatching the camera from her. Dahyun frowned at her, "You won't understand that I will not filming in the span of an hour because I'm out of the scene. I'll be missing Camera-shi!"
 

"I'll get one for you. I'm out of the scene too." Mina offers, standing up on the seat.

 

"Just kidding, unnie. I prefer reading more than talking to the camera. This will be the longest filming, save the energy because of the crying scenes later."
 

"Are you inviting me to the oak tree, Dahyun?"
 

"If only you want, yes I am."
 

"Gosh, such a bunch of oblivious bookworms, I'm out! I need to see my girlfriend, you two makes me miss her. Momoring~" Nayeon let herself away, leaving them alone.
 

"Do you like me-- I mean do you like latte or americano?" Mina curses in her head, that slip up will be always embarassing her.
 

Good thing Dahyun is awared that it's just a joke as she plays along, "Well, yes. Give me like a latte because I like yo-- latte."

 

Mina never thought that there's something more addicting than drinking her favorite coffee; in Kim Dahyun's eye smiles she can't get enough.

 

____________
 

Filming for already 12 hours and moving all around the university area, their shooting location is now lightened up by many electric lights wrapped around on the playground's rides. The set up looks very romantic.

 

The two stars on film was seated at the near pond at the back which is very secluded and dark but the moon is shining above them, making them extra glowy in the camera. They both sitting on the grass while delivering their lines in sorrow, comforting Dahyun as Nayeon broke her heart at the previous scenes. They are doing the final touches now after filming this scene twice.


 [Filming]

Dahyun spoke, "Mina unnie..."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"Thank you so much. You don't know how grateful I am when badly needed someone... You're really the best person I could ask for. My good person..."


The filming crew can't help to smile giddily watching them. Their chemistry is really strong. It's unexplainable how it did happened yet they want to see more. Anyone could see it, their eyes tells more than their lines. This is too good for a series.
 

Mina biting her lip to supress the smile as she just nod and look around the place. The girl sees how everyone has this dawned look on them. Her expression went satisfied, it means she can pull out their plan, she calls out softly, "Dahyun?"
 

"Hmm?" Dahyun hummed as she turn her head, looking at Mina's side profile intently.
 

"I got a one wish tonight..."

 

"A wish? What is it?"
 

Mina bit her lips nervously before she face Dahyun, Dahyun's heart slowly melting meeting these kind of gaze Mina has been showering to her in last four hours.

 

"My wish.." Mina begins, scooting closer to the other girl, she gave her a smile before placing her lips on Dahyun's cheek then whispered out, "Is to wish you a joyful birthday today. Happy birthday Hyun… I wish we could celebrate your birthday with us."

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAHYUN!!!!
 

 

All the people watching them hollered, surprising Dahyun in full force because she totally forgot her birthday! And the fact that Mina kissed her cheek then greeting her makes her blushing big time.
 

She can hear everyone is greeting her as they come to them but staying with Mina in this moment while hearing her soft giggles as she keep saying that the mission of surprising Dahyun was success, it stirs up crazily in her heart. Like she could only hear Mina, and no one else.
 

Receiving the cake that the crew prepared for her, she thanked them for the effort of surprising and greeting her like this. This made her get a teary eyed. "I've been crying for whole day, this is unfair! You guys are really the best team I've ever had."

 

"We heard it multiple times from you and from different series as well, don't be sappy, kid.." Nayeon nudged her.


 


"SHOOT IS OVER! PULL OVER WE GOIN TO CELEBRATE IT TO THE NIGHTCLUB BAR!" Directornim cut the slate, ending the the shoot and call it as a day.

 

Mina who's been by her side, just gave her an encouraging smile and few words to just let the Directornim spoil her and enjoy the night.
 

She promises she will do have a good time this night. She remembers Director-nim's words.


 

________________
 

The most annoying thing about Kim Dahyun was that she pretty much could get anyone she wanted and the second their group had stepped into the nightclub, it was like there is a magnet had activated.
 

Two girls (Mina assumed came from wealthy or influential families) had spotted Dahyun instantly and had dragged the poor girl over to dance. Dahyun was there for a single song before making her way back to them. A dumb, big, goofy grin was spread across her face.
 

Mina really needed a drink.
 

It was still early, half an hour before the big rush so the club wasn't filled. This nightclub probably was one of the most exclusive clubs here in Seoul. Only the rich and famous had access here, explained by their Directornim.


 

Once everyone had gotten their first drinks of the night, they made their way towards the lounge. The lounge was the quieter area of the club, where drinks were fancier, stronger and a whole lot more expensive.
 

 

There were only a few people scattered around. Everyone finished their first drink, their Directornim shouted them all a shot, "FOR OUR KID'S BIRTHDAY AND SUCCESS OF NEW TRANSITION OF THE SERIES, CHEERS!" they chug it together in sync.
 

Mina gagged over the taste while Dahyun winced. Nayeon chuckled unaffected with the strong taste.

 

They moved back to the big sofas, all talking a little louder than before as more people come into the club. Nayeon inviting Dahyun over to the dancefloor again, leaving Mina with their Directornim and some of his closest staffs.
 

"You should make a move, you know. You're wasting your chance to be brave just this once." He spoke, breaking her eyesight from the two.
 

"I think I won't take advantage Dahyun like this, when she's drunk. I don't like it. I don't want her to feign ignorance when something happened between us. I'm not going to ruin our relationship just because of my selfish and stupid desires on her."

 

"You think too much ahead, Mina. Loose yourself too!" Directornim winces at the bitter and dizzy taste as she drank his shot. "I'm sure tonight Dahyunnie will be get laid one of those people out there gawking at her."

 

Mina sets her eyes to Dahyun who's just dancing talking with Nayeon, noticing almost all the people eyes' on them with their crazy visuals. It's obvious that they are these high shot stars.
 

"Let us get you a drink to celebrate!" Nayeon smiled to Dahyun in a tipsy jolly manner. "You don't need to shout me a drink, Nayeon unnie." Dahyun chuckled.
 

"No of course! You're a woman now in the eyes of the law! We must celebrate with a drink!" She grinned, leading Dahyun towards the bar with her.
 

After a while, they came back, flinging herself onto the couch next to Mina.

 

"Hi!" Dahyun grinned, breath smelling of vodka.

 

"What drink did you get for her?" Mina asking Nayeon who just laughed at her face.
 

"Drinks, Mina unnie." Dahyun corrected. "And I have no ing clue, but they are shots that are too strong. Nayeon unnie told the guy behind the bar that it was my birthday and and told him to put all my drinks. I'm gonna get wrecked!"
 

"You're welcome, Babe. You should thank me for putting it on my tab, that's my present for you Dahyunnie."
 

"What? How could you do that to Dahyun? She's literall----"
 

"Hell Myoui! Stop nagging at me! I'm older than you!" Nayeon cuts her off with her loud annoying drunk voice. She can't believe that she would be dealing two drunks.
 

"That's nice of you, Nayeon unnie." Mina just smiled, slightly amused by Dahyun's sudden buzz from the shots.
 

"Whatever! My plan today is getting her a girl because she needs some love too! She have been living her life alone. Me Im Nayeon would be a goddess like cupid tonight!"
 

"Yay!" Dahyun cheered. Mina stops them as she says, "Won't be really dangerous to find it in this kind of place?"
 

"Myoui, Myoui... you're too unrealistic. Real love can start right here. Dahyun don't mind her jelly , let's go and find your girl tonight!"

 

Mina regrets that she just let the two go, afraid that her feelings would be revealed if she keeps Dahyun with her this night.

 

I'm such a coward, huh.
 

_______________
 

It turned out that Dahyun easily got some girl, no not some random girl but a CEO type woman. Mina knows why Nayeon choose her because she can't just pay their drinks in all her tab. They were now coming back from the bar after the CEO woman who she learn named Lee Ji Eun, who insisted they do another round of shots together. Mina was also tagged along with their drinking spree.

 

"I love older women! Maybe I should become a sugar baby." Dahyun whispered to Mina, well and truly drunk when she approached Mina. Her breath was hot and giggly against her neck.


 

"We get the same pay check for filming Lucky, you can buy yourself what you want without the need of a sugar mommy." Mina laughed, letting Dahyun use her arm to balance herself.

 

"That's not fun though. I need some excitement in my life! You know what I mean??" Dahyun wiggles her eyebrows imporingly, getting Mina's scandalized facial reaction, that made Dahyun laughs out loud.
 

"I'm kidding, Mina unnie. My grandma in Busan would smack me around the back of my head."

 

"Raised by grandma?" Ji Eun commented making Dahyun's eyes shine. "Yes, I am. All thanks to her because I didn't grow up spoiled and dependent with others. Are you too?"

 

"Indeed yes, although it's just few years in my younger years. My parents did happen to have a downtime. Learned how to cook, planting, raising cows. I got to experience it, I've been always grandma's kid."

 

"No way!" Dahyun laughed. She always got excited when someone grew up in province and got to experience rural life. She just met only few ones before. Most of her friends and colleagues are from Seoul so knowing someone who came from same circumstances with her when she was young makes Dahyun happy, without sounding like a total province girl

 

They began to fall into a conversation that Mina could only just listen. She listened along anyway, only really to hear Dahyun speak dialect. Dahyun's accent got thicker as she spoke, even her voice got a little deeper which makes Mina gulps hard, feeling thirsty.
 

 

Mina really shouldn't be letting herself think along these things... at least not in public. Especially not with Dahyun right next to her.

 

The Jieun woman laughed after saying something, like she had just said a joke. Dahyun's head tilted, as if she were confused.
 

"No thank you, I'm good,"Dahyun said, turning back to look at her and facing away from Jieun. Dahyun still looked confused for a moment before looking to Nayeon, asking. "Wanna go dance?"

 

When Dahyun and Nayeon took off Directornim shoot her a sharp look who only shrugged with a smile before she downed two drinks in the same time.

 

"You're going to get drunk very fast if you keep going like that, I like that my apprentice.." Directornim warned.
 

"Maybe that's the plan," Mina murmured to mostly to herself.

 

"You know, you could just go ask her to dance." Directornim said, nodding to the direction of Dahyun and Nayeon who were dancing away in the midst of bodies on the dance floor.
 

"One dance won't kill you, Mina. Relax and loose for once. Be selfish."
 

"Can't risk it." She raised the glass to her lips. "Won't risk it."

 

"Alright. Such a good person, Mina. I hate it." Directornim stood, went to the bar island to get new drinks for them.

 

Mina swirling around on her chair to entertain herself until she caught a sight of Dahyun on the side of the dance floor. She wasn't with Nayeon, her face scrunched up in annoyance as the Jieun woman spoke to her.

 

Dahyun crossing her arms, a very non Dahyun-like type of body language and said something. Jieun's shoulders moved up and down like she was laughing, a hand extending to touch Dahyun.
 

Mina's feet were already moving when she saw Dahyun pushing the other woman's hand, back mouthing something that looked like 'what the hell?'

 

"What do you think you're doing?" Mina snapped to Jieun, stepping into her space. Jieun put her hands up in surrender, a laugh falling from her lips.
 

"No need to get aggressive girl, just a misco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter