Wish 6 : I Wanna Be With You

The Lucky Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun thinks she's sure overthinking.


The last words of Mina that night never left her mind, it's still there and under investigating because she can't find any sense of it.

 

Why the hell Mina's love of her life doesn't mind Dahyun? Of all of celebrities, she was chosen to trust her not to fall for Mina at all. How the hell can't she not mind Dahyun? 

 


She won't mind, it was you anyway....
Just because it's you, don't worry about it...

 

Dahyun racking her head for answers for this. This is very difficult! She's frustrated! She actually wanted to ask Mina more but it seems the girl would answer the same with her 'ITS YOU ANYWAY' like it's vague in Dahyun's dictionary. Her head is hurting from overthinking this three words running inside like mantra. 

 

She needs someone to ask about this but she's not sure who's the person who could solve this. Dahyun looks around the set, where it is located at the outside of the school. The filming is running for five hours already and it's Jihyo and Mina's scene ongoing right now, where Jihyo offers her shoulder to Mina who felt heartbroken seeing Dahyun and Nayeon sweet together after that cute basketball game. Dahyun can see how Mina is very beautiful even from afar because her eyes have stuck on her in 15 minutes after sitting down on the benches to review her script as she thinks she can't handle Nayeon and Jeongyeon bickerings. Mina still looks beautiful even her eyes screams pain, her shoulder-length hair perfectly lands on her wide shoulders while the wind blows time to time having it as a special effect. Also, the uniform suits with her, it fits her perfectly like her face. Her best look would be always schoolgirl. 

 


Dahyun continues her ogling with this very small smile when she feels weight on her shoulder, arm wrapping hers, voice waking up her dreamy stares.


"Dahyun-ah..."


Dahyun hummed in acknowledgement, her sight is still on Japanese beauty, unwavering. "We're not talking anymore, I missed you... I miss being with you..."

 

"I'm sorry..." Dahyun says softly before staring away from Mina as she looks at Sana who's clinging on her with melancholy eyes staring up to her. 

 

"I know. You're busy with this project. We have different schedules outside. I can't imagine Nayeon and Momo working on their relationship if it's getting harder with the schedules. I'm very impressed by them. I wish I could do that too..." 

 

"What's with the sudden thinking?"

 

"Hmmm.... I was thinking I want to go out with this person, this time."

 

Dahyun doesn't know how to feel. Sana will always have a special part in her heart, after all she fell in love with her. All of the push and pulls, the flirtings, the sweet smiles directed to each other, Dahyun's felt and meant something of those. Of course, who wouldn't fall for Sana? But she knows she is the only one who's falling, Sana never do love romantically. Very ironic. Because Sana's roles are mostly about the person who loves more, who have the most love to her co-stars. Even she's natural affectionate, she doesn't take it as it would meant something. Just a friend showing her affections because she loves them as a friend. Hearing Sana confessed that she was thinking of asking out someone, hurts her because it reminds her how she became hopeless of her. 

 

"Wow, is this serious?" Dahyun asked, she wanted Sana to not notice the hint of her sadness in her voice. 

 

"Duh, of course... I may flirting too much but I want to be serious too!" Sana cutely whined tugging Dahyun's arm tight. 


"Well, congrats for you Sana unnie... Go get that person, I'm sure they will like you back. It's you, Sana unnie!"


It was you anyway....


... I can still hear her say that. 


"I'm glad you're happy for me, Dahyunnieee~ How can I let you go?"

 

"You did already..." 

 

The atmosphere between the two on-cam partners dropped drastically, Dahyun didn't realize that maybe there is some feelings that  still not settle for Sana. Something stills there. 

 

"Dahyun..." Sana worriedly looks at her. 


"You may not realize it, Sana unnie.. You did let go of me and I'm kinda letting you go too... not entirely but I know sooner it will..." 


"I don't know, I--"


"It's okay, not your fault, I didn't say it or much to say make it transparent for you. I caused of this, no need to be sorry at all..." Dahyun sends her a tight smile, getting up resulting Sana unwrapping her arm with Dahyun's. 


"Dahyun, I know it's really hard but let's talk about it because I don't--"


"Sana unnie, please... Don't complicate it anymore..." Dahyun's tone became harsher, it made Sana cower. Dahyun looks at her in b eyes one more time before she walks away from her, earning a worried look from a certain someone who's been looking at her the moment someone took the attention supposedly on her that she's been enjoying receiving it until the girl shifted it to other. 

 

"Myoui, let's reshoot it! You're out of your focus and you forgot your line!"

 

That's the very first time she was scolded in this project. She offers them assuring smile, replying with a loud, "Hai!"

 


_________________________ 


Dahyun's out of the day already, she heard from their production staff.


"She asked Directornim for an early out, there's clearly bad happened but he didn't push on because Dahyun looks very upset. He just let her to do so that's why their scene with Nayeon was halted, perhaps doing it next week. Directornim surely loves her stars to just let them do whatever they want but we're not complaining, we still paid after all."

 

That's the answer she got. 


It worries Mina a lot.


She is sure it is to do something with her interaction with Sana but she can't ask the other girl, she doesn't want others to find out that she is here worrying too much to the person they don't know she likes so much. 

 


Everyone is packing up as one by one leaving the shooting area. Mina needs answer. She won't able to get decent sleep knowing something awful happened to Dahyun that makes her leave the shooting behind. 


She roams around, hoping that she could find answers. She noted that even Dahyun left, her car is still in the parking lot so it means that Dahyun might didn't leave or could be near at the shooting area for her not to bother to take out the car. 

 

Directornim only uses small portion of the area around the city for their shooting. The school, which is an international university by the way, the houses nearby for the Im's residence and Dahyun's house. It's pretty unseen by the people, it's really peaceful and not overpopulated. Despite they are full house celebrities, no one bothered them, really. The students in this school are very respectful or couldn't give any damn about them.


The whole university is huge, something that is nothing to joke about. There's like a whole park serving as the university grounds. There's also gymnasium, a concert hall, a school pond, a flower fields and many more. This school is totally have the everything. Mina continues her steps until she arrives at the lake or pond, she doesn't know what it is called but there's deep water across, shielded by the metal railings. The sun blazing but the light doesn't hurt her. She approaches it as she sees a back facing to her, watching the waves crashing below. 

 

"I wonder why they didn't build a wall here because it's very dangerous if the waves get high or anyone could jump over this and die unknowingly..." Mina says quietly, looking at the deep amount of water. 

 

"They didn't because it's a big shame for them to hide this beautiful scenery. This would help relax their students from school stress. I love it here.." Dahyun answers back softly. The waves are calm and serene like Dahyun's voice and aura. Mina glances at the quiet girl beside her, something that the other girl said at the other night that she's actually quiet. Mina know of this and glad that she could witness it now.

 

"Why are you here, Mina unnie?"

 

 

Vulnerability laced in her tone. Mina wanted to know what happened. 

 

"They said you went out and don't want to shoot anymore. I'm worried." Mina straightly confesses without any hesitance. 

 

This time, Dahyun removes her sight out of the lake, turning her head at the side, meeting a close proximity of the Japanese beauty before her. Dahyun's breath hitches, heart's pounding erratically. 

 


"Dahyun, what happened?" Mina's lips form a little sad pout, tone with concern. 

 


Dahyun shakes her head, turning her sight back at the lake, she thinks she can't speak to the other girl if she's so so close to her. "I don't know too. I'm sorry I left. I'm selfish, only thinking myself, I must really worry you and the others. I just can't take it if I still do the shooting today..."


"I know but you didn't answer my question, Dahyun-ah..."


Mina staring at the girl longingly without the other knowing it, she thought. Dahyun keep shut, trying to shrug it off but hell, she can feel the intensity of Myoui Mina's stare on her. It actually getting her nerves. 

 

'Should I tell her?'

 


"Dahyun...." Mina whispered, taking a deep breathe. Her eyes are shining while gazing the younger girl, a small encouraging smile appears on her lips as she quietly says to only Dahyun to hear, "This too shall pass, alright?" 


Dahyun knows....


Dahyun knows the moment she turn her head towards the Japanese beauty, seeing her gentle face offering a sincere comfort in those dark brown orbs looking at her, she knows.... she knows....

 

She knows she'll crumble into pieces..
She knows she'll breakdown at that moment..
She knows she needs Mina...

 

Dahyun launches herself as she wrap her arms around Mina's neck, pulling her body towards her as if it is a lifeline for her if she doesn't feel the other girl against her. Dahyun buries her face in Mina's collarbone and breathing in the familiar, comforting scent she always smell whenever the both of them have intimate scene such as hugging then she gathers her courage.

 


"M-Mina unnie...." Dahyun started with a sob, her lips quivering as she tries to speak, "I-I'm still hurting... I don't want this anymore..."

 

"It's okay, Dahyun... I'm here... I'm always be..." Mina shushed the girl in her arms, she doesn't need to hear from Dahyun. She knows the reason why and that is none other than...

 

 

Minatozaki Sana...

 

Of course, Dahyun would like her. Sana's pretty and kind. She's the everyone's favorite celebrity if you ask the staff and netizens. Mina's popular, yes but Sana's popularity is on another level, they all adore her. 

 


Mina continues swinging their bodies to calm the eagle girl who's still crying on her shoulders. This is nice, she thought. This is a progress even she found out that Dahyun is not feeling the same way as her, she's going to be just patient, who knows? Dahyun eventually likes her by staying by her side like her character in Lucky.

 


Mina bitterly smiles, yes... it's really her in Lucky, it's herself and not some made up fictional character, it's totally her... everything about Mina in Lucky is all her... but she badly wishes that she doesn't share the same fate with Lucky!Mina because it is something that she wouldn't do or never let her be that kind of person, she can't bare the thought of giving up the person she loves the most, she doesn't have a heart to pull that stunt. She can't be away from Dahyun when she all she wants is just to be with her. 

 

Her heart won't take it from that thought.

 

"Unnie—” Dahyun starts, but Mina cuts her off with a tut. “Dahyun, you don't need to tell me. I understand... Just...” Mina falters, a deep breathe released before she continues, "Just stay with me... I'll protect you from now on. You don't have to cry anymore. I won't let you shed any tear except we're acting... I don't like this... I don't like seeing you this broken... I don't want, somebody like you, got hurt. Dahyun, you're too precious to me... since we've been practicing or together in set or outside, you're already important to me and I tell you that my important people.... I'm taking care of them so please Dahyun, let me be... Let me take care of you because I'm worried..."


That sincere words breaks Dahyun down, her head dips shyly and Mina chuckles, light and angelic. Mina pulls away, lifting the younger’s head up with a fingertip, moves so suddenly that the other girl startles.


Mina's smiles softly, "You can pretend that everything's fine, Dahyun... but not to me..." Mina cups the tofu-like cheeks of the younger girl, she says firmly "You have me... You have me...You have me, Dahyun."

 

Dahyun breathes, clutching her fists into Mina's jacket, feeling both frantic and heartfelt. 

 

"Mina unnie...."


"Hmmm?"


"You're doing so much to me that I can't control... You make me feel things that I shouldn't have.... You confuse me a lot, Mina unnie... You make me do things I'm sure I'll regret..."

 

Eyes sparkled, her heart says that it is a good time now to confess but her brain says otherwise... 

 

Dahyun suffered a lot of draining emotions today. She cannot let the other girl feel it if she do confess now. She won't make her feel things too much so she just ends up telling a baseless truth about she felt towards to the younger girl instead of doing grande things. This is not the time yet. 

 

"Don't... Don't confuse yourself... Just remember that you have me and you don't have to worry or don't think too much because I'll be there for you, I'll be staying by your side. Just heal, rise up and get back. Everything's will be alright. So how does ice cream sounds? Or a movie marathon? Or a mario kart tournament?"

 


The smile and sparkling glossy gaze she recieves from the younger girl makes Mina's heart melt into puddles. She returns the smile, making the girl in her arms smile widening. 

 


'Even someone who cried, you manage to be still pretty, Dahyun... I'll make sure this is the only kind of cry you'll be having with me and nothing else...' 

 

Mina didn't tell this words instead she quipped, "So I guess it's a yes? Silence means yes, right?" 

 

Dahyun grins and leans closer.

“Well,” Dahyun begins with a theatric voice. “I wouldn't mind healing with you and ice cream... I can't deny that... The offer is very tempting, Ms. Myoui”

 


Something in Dahyun shifts, Mina notices but she can’t quite put her finger on it. Her posture changes, somehow, and her voice is quieter when she replies, “So I guess that's a yes from me..."

 


Mina smiles in victory, dancing internally but then she catches her surprise when Dahyun moves closer again, her gaze flickering from one of Mina's eyes to the other. She nods, seemingly to herself and then leans forward and kisses Mina's forehead. The Japanese beauty stops breathing, and only realizes afterwards that Dahyun's hand is on the back of her neck. Now, her very much heated neck, at this point.

 

Dahyun steps back, shyly ducking her head with a smile. There was a moment of silence until she spoke. "Thank you Mina unnie for this by the way. For checking up on me and all."

 


"Any... anytime."

She was so close to saying something else.

 

Anything for you, Dahyun.

 


Dahyun then starts rambling, "You don't know how much I value this moment of us, I felt that I can be real around you too like Chaeyoungie, Nayeonnie, Momoring, Chewy and very sad to say, Sana unnie... but I know that you'll be the different one from them! You're less annoying and very accountable from the secrets! I know you are amazing keeper! And I am will----" Mina cuts her off with a push of her finger towards the younger's lips to shut it up. "You're welcome, I understand what you are trying to tell me. Can we just leave the place?"

 


"Why? Are you excited to do something with me, huh?" Dahyun teases. Mina furiously blushed on the younger's implications. "Of course not, it's because I'm craving for ice cream..."

 

"Yeah, sure... You're not that obvious..." Dahyun once again jokes, making the Japanese laughs and faces her with raised eyebrow, "How could you just joke like this when you usually very shy around me? 
What have you done to my cute little fumbling Dubu?" 

 

Mina's ears warm with that slip up, she just have that nickname in her head when she witness how the younger girl act awkwardly around her. 


"Woah, you think I'm cute when I get nervous towards you?"

 


With the newfound information, Dahyun can't help to ask. "Yes, very much... I want Dahyun-who-never-look-at-me-in-the-eyes back because it's very cute..."

 

"Aishhh, unnie! You are a big tease! You're like Chaeyoung or Tzuyu! Always good! I think I should back out with the offer, I can imagine how my night will be in misery!" 

 


Mina laughs, heart increasing in size how the girl right in front of her is doing nothing but making her feel deep, drowned with the love she has for her. "I won't let you go, Dahyun, now that I have got to have you..."

 

Dahyun's face flushed, a light of hue crimson adorning on her cheeks after Mina's bold words then she realizes that it sounds strong so she added, "Being a friend... as a friend, not just workmates or co-stars, a good friends..." 


"I am here if you need me. You can always talk to me. Just promise me alright?" Mina asked. Dahyun chuckled.


"I promise."


Dahyun answered, smiling at her. She hopes that Dahyun would understand that she is taking baby steps, like the usual saying, if you want something to last, then take it slow and steady. That time will sure come and if that said time comes, Dahyun's sure understand her quickly. 

 

_______________
After revealing the last two characters which they called it, the lead characters in the series, whomst Chou Tzuyu and Minatozaki Sana. They revealed the starting date of the series and its complete casts excluding the 'one mysterious character that will appear in the middle of the series aka Myoui Mina, the Lucky's dark horse in the storyline' They begin preparing interviews and today is their official press conference for the series. Now they were in hair and makeup, Dahyun was being powdered up when she realised she hadn't seen her Nayeon unnie in a while. She looked around the room, seeing Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung eating their lunch, Tzuyu, Jihyo, Sana were huddled together talking about some tea that she doesn't have a care to know, only realizing that Momo too isn't here which means those two were doing some other business that she doesn't want to know when her phone buzzes. Dahyun smiles when she see the message.


Minari-chan
Dubu! Goodmorning! Too bad I won't be there T_T Sending you a good luck~ Also, will be watching the presscon live hehe! Fighting! 

 

The message is enough to feel Dahyun all giddy and soft. Mina has always been so soft towards her after her breakdown. The Japanese beauty has been doing well with her promise being with her side all the time, not literally though by much means that she's always there for her. 


Friends, Dahyun reminded herself... They are friends. 

 

"Lucky cast," a man walked in with a greying beard. "The press will be ready for you soon." At the mention, Dahyun could hear the muffled cheered of a crowd and the host's voice, probably welcoming the audience to their press conference of the series.


"Well, time has arrived, casts! Go get out and show our hardwork!" Directornim's voice boomed in the hall.


Dahyun and the other girls exited the dressing rooms to meet with the staffs in the hall, all being directed to the side of the main stage where she spotted Nayeon was already standing talking to someone. She shoot a glance to her fellow cast mates and smiled, including the one who broke her heart weeks ago. 


Nayeon's dressed in a checkered navy blazer and skirt that makes her look a IT-girl. She's her usual charm and cheek with a wink in their direction, not necessarily looking at anyone in particular, it's a whole group exchange or it could be towards to her girlfriend Momo but it still heats up Dahyun's cheeks.

 

They all walk onto the stage, the whole crowd is louder this time around as they seated themselves across from the media, fans, audience. The host smiled and greeted them all with his chipper attitude before turning to the audience again.

 

The seating arrangement is like this in order:

Chae - Jeong - Momo - Jihyo - Nayeon - Dahyun - *empty* - Directornim - Tzuyu - Sana 


"You are all hear to gathered about the new series coming in AFF which combines the hottest and greatest actors in the industry! The series has been talked about for a month of its unusual and contrasting main pairings that will be shown in the history of film series, the exciting teasers dropped left and right and the amount of rumours and suspicions about the line-up OR THE SERIES THAT WE ARE ALL ANTICIPATING TO COME IS FINALLY HERE WITH US! Give it up and welcome our Lucky casts!" The crowd cheered excitedly.


The whole casts stood and wave to the audience, camera flashing around. They seated back again, getting themselves comfortable in their seats.

 

 "How has life been since the teaser of the series dropped?"

 

"We're all a little blown away about the positive feedback from our fans," Nayeon started for the group. "We're all really excited with everyone’s reactions, we're glad we're making our fans and netizens happy with our little teaser." Nayeon ended it with a bashful smile, making the crowd go wild.

 


"It's totally great teaser! We had fun watching it, it's very very cute!" The host replies. 

 

"As you may know, we already told you it will be something different despite of we have this cliche college romcom series we usually watch but the series will make it really different that it will leave a mark on your head and that's something we're trying to reach on this series... We wanted to make this series memorable, easy to remember, and we want to put smiles on your faces after watching the episodes." Dahyun this time has said.  
 

"I think we should first bring up is what we can expect from this series! You have said it will be different type of romcom series, other than that?"


"Well you should expect Dahyunnie being her the most adorable and loveable being in this series!" Sana brought up with her usual high tension voice.


"And Nayeon unnie being the biggest you'll know because of the series," Tzuyu savagely added. The crowd erupts in laughter.


"Yeah this series was pretty much like that... You are witnessing already the common scene in the series.." The director-nim chuckled, making the crowd applauded.


"Okay so we get the gist of this series, I think it is already the time for the introductions, shall we?" The hosts asked them. "Let's start with Chaeyoung!"

 

"Hello, I'm Son Chaeyoung. For this series, I'll be playing the bestfriend of Dahyun unnie and the little sister of Nayeon unnie. Dahyun thinks that I am the one who will help her to get Nayeon unnie like her back as if I am the light she needs." 


"Ahhh like you are the connection?" 


"Yes, something like that. To be honest with you, I don't appear much to the series but still I wanna thank Directornim for having me in this amazing series and casts! I found myself enjoying filming and watching the series grow. Thank you." Chaeyoung sat down after her introduction then followed by Jeongyeon.


"Hi everyone! This is Yoo Jeongyeon, I'm very happy to see you all here with us in our press conference and launch of the series! I'm very excited when I found out that I got to work on this series because when I first saw the script, it did something to my heart. My heart flutters..." Jeongyeon says truthfully. "The plot is very interesting and exciting. The dialogues of every cast members are really natural like it is not something that written or mad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter