Wish 7 : Swing! Swing!

The Lucky Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the schedules are thrown away after the launch of the series to them (with Nayeon), Dahyun barely have time for taking care of herself so she had dressed herself in active-wear, accommodating to afternoon weather. It was a refreshing to be outside after spending most of the day inside and onset. It was also important to keep her body impressive, to just be able to look good in pictures. Plus, cardio was a good way to clear your head. 

 

With the amount of confusing gestures she have been receiving lately from the Japanese beauty, she thinks she needs time to think about this matter and not to jump conclusions again like she did before and got herself hurt in the end. 


As soon as she walked out of her apartment building, she slipped her sunglasses on. Dahyun had her fair share of persistent paparazzi in the past, she had learned that the hard way when she was consecutively meeting up with Sana during night. That time had been hell for Dahyun. She had to go through it all with the watchful eyes of the media on her but Sana told her not to worry, that will help them to get known more than just the on-screen partners, this would totally made their fans love them more.

 

Dahyun turned to her left, ready to start her run, when there was a sudden chorus of loud barking. She paused her music, then looked up towards the sound. There is a dog running towards her.

 

A medium size dog running to her.

 

the media and paparazzi! She doesn't care about them. There's a dog coming to her! She have to run fast, not get bitten!


Dahyun carelessly run for her life, away from the dog. 


"This is quite a dangerous workout! Ha! Ha! Ha!" Dahyun said to herself while working on her sprint. The dog is still after her, barking frantically. 

 

Dahyun believes she can take action roles starting today as she sees around that she got herself quite far from her place now and still the dog is chasing her as if she's a prey. This is something she wouldn't expect from her beautiful afternoon day-off. This dog ruined it!

 

"Screw this dog, what does he needs me?!?!?!"


Dahyun went slow with her steps, exhaustion is starting to creep in her whole body. Maybe it's time for her to say goodbye, nice knowing all of the people who loves her. Dahyun stopped, breathes in and out heavily, fear clouding in her mind and heart. She closes her eyes yet she can feel the dog running behind her that seems never stop at all.


One, two, three...

 

Goodbye leg....


But instead pain, she hears voice behind her. A very familiar voice.


"Ray! Don't go to her!" A huff of laughter escaped Dahyun's mouth when she opened her eyes, turning her back and spotted the Myoui Mina just meters away from her running after her dog. Same fate with her as the Japanese girl heaving as she runs till she reaches for her dog that seemed listened to her command.


After successfully stopping her dog, Mina shoot her a grin, waving in Dahyun's direction. Then again the dog makes his way over to Dahyun, making Mina chased after him again.

 

That seriously gave Dahyun another heart attack, she closed her eyes and said like a mantra towards Mina's dog, "DON'T GET TOO CLOSE! DON'T TOO GET CLOSE! DON'T GET TOO CLOSE!"


This time, it's Mina who laughed as she squatted and get the dog on the her lead. "Too bad Ray-chan... Dahyunnie don't want you to be close..." Mina says then giving him a pat.

 

"Dahyun..."


"Y-Yes??"


"Open your eyes, he don't bite. I already holding him on my lead."

 

Dahyun open her eyes, a cute dog looking up on her. "Aww, look at that! Ain't he's cute?" Mina cooed, rubbing Ray's face tenderly. Her eyes flickered up to Dahyun who was trying to regain her breath. "So, what was supposed you'll be doing? I know you didn't expect him going to you." Mina asked, lips quirking in a teasing manner. Dahyun ran her fingers through her hair and groaned.

 

"Well, I'm about to jog around the place and your dog definitely made me more than a jog. I think I'm good for today's workout." Dahyun heaved. 

 

"Aww! Do you hear her, Ray? She said you helped her!" Mina said, looking back down to Ray, scratching that special place behind his ears. 


"So, what brings you out here? Isn't your place is quite far and in the middle of the city?" Dahyun asked, Mina straighten herself from the crouching position as she look into the younger girl's eyes, "Yes, but my mom dropped by. I bought a property near here for her to stay in whenever she is here. I asked her to brought Ray with her here so I just pick him out there."


"Your mom is here?"


"Yeah but I doubt she is nowhere in Seoul as she already depart going to Geonju to meet her Korean clients." 


Dahyun looked at her in confusion for a long moment, before finally processing what she had said.


"Where's your property?" Mina pointed behind her shoulder to the apartment complex across the street. "I bought it there, near the supermarket. It's my first time here around, so I thought I'd get Ray used to the area since I think my mom will be staying here quite some time." Dahyun's eyes widened with the information.

 

"No way! My apartment building opposite yours!" Dahyun explained, pointing over her shoulder to her building. Mina's face softened out of that as she glanced over Dahyun's face while the girl effortly explained. Mina smiles silently.


"Really?"


"Yeah! Didn't you know my place or did we not go to my place?" Dahyun asked with a tilt of her head, trying to gain some memory if she had invited the Japanese beauty over but it says no, she didn't yet and Mina is also being silent. 

 

"I don't know!" Mina chuckles, laughing softly with a shake of her head.

 

"Well, I guess this is where I welcome you to the area. It's close to a park as well, which I assume is exactly what your dog wants!" Dahyun said before warily glancing down to the growing dog who barked at hearing his name, making Dahyun flinched, fear reappering again. "NO DOGGO! I'M BEING KIND TOWARDS YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR OWNER!"

 

"Really?" Mina asked, eyes glint with a tease.


"Yes! If this dog has different owner, I literally out of his sight because I can't afford to be with a dog and some stranger. I have my trust issues to them too!"


"So do you trust me?"


"Oh why of course, I trust you, Mina unnie!" 


Mina looked down, smile playing down on her lips, quite giddy from the statement before she says, "Oh Dahyun, come on. Show me the way." 

 

Dahyun turns to the direction she was planning on running to. She liked the route to and through the park for when she went on her jogs. The park had pleasant scenery, with soft grass and flowers giving the air a heady smell.

 

"He has so much energy!" Dahyun noted as Ray tugged at the lead, almost causing Mina to trip over her own feet. Mina gave Ray a tug, which stopped him from trying to run ahead to chase after a squirrel that had run up a tree.


It was a nice day at the park. It was filled with fresh grass and tall trees, there were paths that people took for strolls, a small playground across the street was also there, filled with little kids. It makes Dahyun feel something between them but she won't ever talk about it.


This looks like a date.... Gosh Dahyun, stop it!


"Tell me about it, he never stops." Mina said fondly. "He's usually better behaved than this. He's probably trying to make me look bad owner." Dahyun chuckle at the thought. Mina could never be bad in her eyes. The girl is always perfect no matter what she do.


"Speaking of never stopping, you've been doing a few interviews lately, huh?" Mina asked, glancing at Dahyun by the corner of her eyes. 


Dahyun groaned. "Yeah, people are really interested with my role. Good thing I'm with Nayeon unnie who's best in answering tricky questions despite exposing me too much." Dahyun pouted. 

"Yes, I've been hearing that she exposes you a lot in terms of my participation in the series. As if she makes you look like you picked me because you have this huge secret liking towards me." Dahyun flushed red.

 

"You watched the interviews?" Dahyun stumbled awkwardly, glancing at Mina anxiously.


"Yeah, of course! It's actually fun watching you two banter over that. It seems like the on cam couple that doesn't need a fanservice for people to like you two. It's visible that you are bonded well."


"Of course no fanservice because Nayeon is with Momo," Dahyun reminded her. 

 

"Oh, so she's pushing you to me because I don't have mine yet?"


"Possibly...I honestly don't know how Nayeon unnie's brain works. She just want me being flustered."


"Oh why you are flustered around me then, Hyun?" Mina teased. 


"Hmmm... I'm very much flustered on everyone, like all of the celebrities out there. You're all pretty! It's normal thing!"


"Uh uh I'm sure you don't do that to your bestfriend Chaeyoung which is also a celebrity. I see, I see..." Mina scoffed, shaking her head with a grin.

 

"Not you too. I'm tired to explain how many times do I need to tell that I have chosen you because we simply don't have a project being paired together, periodt." 


"It's because your face otherwise and I'm feeling like the question that Directornim have asked you is not something like who is the celebrity you have wanted to work with, perhaps the question... It's more like who is your celebrity crush." Mina pointed out,


Did she really say celebrity crush? Did she refer herself as Dahyun's celebrity crush? She wanted to deny but she thinks everyone could tell she have been lying to herself with how often she think this girl beside her and the amount of gay panicking whenever they have scenes together. Yes, they did fantastic in terms of acting but the people around her who knows more about her can identify how awkward she is when Mina is around. How her face is much colored than her usual pale appearance. Aka not so cool Dahyun...


"I want to admit it but can't for some reasons. You guys won't listen to me. I'm surrending my defeat... So what you are my celebrity crush?" 

 

That made Mina halt her steps, awkwardness hanging heavily between them. Mina turned, stares and then blinked at her. It's obvious that she's flabbergasted. Dahyun felt her nerves suddenly appearing. 

 

Dahyun shuts her eyes for a long second, feeling the back of her neck fire up.


Why did I say that? She probably wanted to avoid me forever! I wish I could vanish right here right now. 

 

"It's... nice.." Dahyun heard Mina mumbled softly opting her to open her eyes then she can see the Japanese beauty looking at her a bit shyly. "Uhm... y-yeah... you can have c-crush on me. Crush hard, I say.. no what..I mean it's okay to lik--a-admire me! It's normal to admire your co-stars.."

 

"Y-Yes, of course! I said that earlier! It's not a big deal, Mina unnie.." Dahyun nodding her head, cheeks heating under the afternoon sun. 


Mina laughed at that, her free hand instantly moving to cover her giddy smile which Dahyun thought was a shame, because it's her favorite smile from the Japanese beauty but she was confused why Mina is laughing hard until the girl cracked up with, "Hey! That's quite bad! We're both awful with this!" Mina beamed then she added, "How can we get our girls with this kind of energy, huh?"


That made the younger girl lose herself and laughed too, 'we're both bad at flirting, oh my god, how do I end up liking you more than I supposes to' she thought.

 

"Is it really that much of an achievement of being good at flirting? I'm sorry to break you but I had history with the flirt I supposed not to fall over them again.." Dahyun said, eyes gliding to Mina. The other girl stunned by the sudden eye contact as her eyes pulled into Dahyun's deep ones.

 

"Well, you've fallen to one and if you have a good intention, I think it's still nice..." Mina hears herself said this, still gazing at the younger girl.

 

"Fair enough," Dahyun replied in the end, Mina has a feeling that Dahyun doesn't want to talk about it so instead, "Maybe you are not meant to be with the flirts... so you should focus on someone who--"

 

"Like what?"

 

"Like a very serious but loving person. Who takes care of you often, who listens to you in every detail you describe, who's always by your side, who never leaves, the one who stays with you... like a permanent figure in your life, like a person you can't live without...something like that... also a person who understands you the best, bringing out the best in you like---"

 

"Sounds like you..." Dahyun cut her off and Mina closed and eyes widening in surprise, "Soulmates. You're referring to them."


Dahyun smiling herself, Mina felt warm all over. "I'm glad that Directornim got that kind of character in our series. Sometimes, I'm hoping that I'll find a person who is like the Mina in Lucky because hell... I'm head over heels and sometimes when we are acting, I would like to think that Mina in Lucky is existing.


Then she looked at the older girl, took a deep breath, and said, "And that's you..."

 

Silence. Dahyun is worried with the lack of response and stiffed expression from the other girl. Mina was quiet for a few more seconds but she kept walking alongside Dahyun. 

 

Forget it, Dahyun. 

Dahyun was about to open to say something not until Mina spoke first, voice soft surrounds them, "Thank you, Dahyun. That's a huge compliment I've ever received."


What?


"To think that it's first time, something like this, made my co-star fall in love with my character. It means that my effort paid well. The way I'm portraying the character is beyond success. It's very, meaningful." Mina chuckled at that, pausing as Ray stopped to sniff a bush.


"Yeah, sometimes it can be hard to differentiate between you and the character, you're really fit in the role, Mina unnie..."


"Maybe because it's closest to my personality---" Mina paused, watching Ray growl and tug at the lead, almost pulling Mina arm out of her socket as he did. "Hey, what's up?" she asked, watching him bark loudly over in the direction of some trees. 

"He probably just saw a squirrel." Mina insisted. Dahyun, unsure, eyes looked in the direction of where Ray was barking, seeing nothing but trees. Dahyun hummed then chuckled but continued to walk along with Mina, enjoying the warm air and pleasant conversation that flowed like the breeze between the leaves.


Whatever it was, Dahyun assumed this wouldn't be a big deal. They're friends after all. 

 

_____________________

It had in fact, been a big deal.

The next day, Dahyun woke up early due the sun shining through the window. It was early for her to wake up so with her extra time she decided to go and get herself an iced coffee from her local coffee shop before heading to set.

She was walking down the street with the early morning breeze and the smell of bakeries and coffee down the street, pumping people up and ready for the day. Dahyun walked into the coffee shop, ready to get her usual order when her eyes got caught on the latest gossip magazine on the counter. Dahyun almost choked as she saw the headline 'ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING ROMANCE BETWEEN THE  MINA AND KIM DAHYUN?' with a picture of her and Mina walking in the park the day before with Ray. From the angle the shot was taken it from, it looks like straight out from a drama series as they are both looking at each other's eyes, with Mina having a small smile grazing on her lips. It looks lovely, they're look amazing together.

 

Dahyun grabbed the magazine, flicking to the page where there was a whole damn article on how Myoui Mina was spotted with the Korean star Kim Dahyun on a 'romantic walk' through the park. There was a few more pictures inside, ones of her and Mina laughing and walking together. Whoever the paparazzi was, they weren't here to play. The angles made their what had been very innocent and platonic walk seem intimate and lovey-dovey.

 

Dahyun's sharp eyes scanned over the article as she waited for her coffee to be finished. When she finally was given her drink, the barista asked if she wanted anything else. She thanked them with a pleasant smile then return magazine over the counter.

 

 

Her mind only remember one sentence from the article. 'Could it be Kim Dahyun is the one Myoui Mina's have been hinting to everyone in the twitter these days?'

 

No...

 

It's not me... 

 

Dahyun is worried of how Mina reacts to this issue because this could blew up her chance to get her girl that she said she's been pinning to. 

 

This a big deal, a bad deal but she haven't receiving a scolding or call from the company about this next hours, like no one knew or believes it. She asked the Japanese beauty if she have seen it but she just shrugged it off and said, 'No, I didn't knew. They just want something out from my alleged dating speculations, there's nothing to worry about. Don't mind them, Hyun.."

 


________________

Her fellow cast members had organised a massive sleepover at Nayeon's apartment. They all were planning on eating good food and staying up and watching the series all together. She was also going to look over the video diary footage as per request that she wanted to edit it. Her Directornim handed the footage over to her yesterday on set.

 

That night Dahyun was intending on doing a live stream on her twitter to answer some questions while they all waited for the series to air.


Her and Chaeyoung came to apartment with snacks and a large carton of iced coffee. The series wouldn't be up until late at night, so they would be needing all the energy they could get.

 

Momo and Jeongyeon were already there when they arrived and Tzuyu wasn't too far behind them. The last to come was Mina, who had piles of pizza boxes stacked on each other.


"Of course, she should get us a heavy one because she's damn rich and late as always.."Nayeon commented. All of them acknowledged it with a laugh.

 

"I'll help you, Mina unnie..." Dahyun stood from her seat, feet making way to the Japanese beauty, getting the pizza in her arms. Nayeon wiggles her eyebrows teasingly on them, pointing at them once they turn their backs. "Gf behaviour..." She mouthed, Jeongyeon cracked up. 

 


They all sat around Nayeon's massive table and ate. Like, the thing was huge. Big enough to eat with all of the company staff. Definitely Nayeon's hardwork into fruition.

 


"Oh Dahyun!" Jihyo started, hands clasping excitedly. "Are you still going to do a livestream?" she asked, eyes vibrant and looking excited by the idea.

 

Dahyun nodded, sharing her enthusiasm with her wide smile.


"Yeah, I put a post on my twitter to ask some questions! It should be fun!"

 

"What time are you going to do it?" Jeongyeon asked around her mouthful of pizza. Looking over at the clock. It was 8:30 now, and it wasn't showing until exactly 10:30, so they had plenty of time.


"Maybe 9:30? Gives us an hour to pick out some questions."


"Good idea!"


So once all the pizza was eaten, plates taken away and a reminder tweet was sent out for the time, it's just about time to sit down and start the live stream. Dahyun was excited and also quite nervous. It was going to be more than her usual followers, she be having a mixture of everyone's followers because of her announcement she'll be having the Lucky casts with her. She just hoped it would turn out be entertaining.


Everyone updated their social media, warning their followers that a twitter live stream would be happening in Dahyun's shortly. Only minutes after that, Dahyun's twitter suddenly got flooded with new followers. It was making her even more nervous as she and everyone gathered in the living room with sitting on the couch.

 

"Everyone ready?" Dahyun asked and they all nodded. "Mina unnie?" She called out softly.


"Yes?"


"When we say your name, you'll be appearing alright?"


Oh. Also, the purpose of this livestream is to introduce the mysterious cast and tonight is the episode where Mina will be appearing too. She wants the casts and the viewers welcome Mina in their series. 


"Okay.." Mina gives her a cute thumbs up, Dahyun tries hard not to coo how she sounds.

 

She tapped on the icon, the camera faced her, showing the what the audience would be seeing. People started flooding in. Dahyun gawked as there instantly hundreds of people watching.


Dahyun's face split into a grin.


"Hi everyone!" She said waving to the camera. People were typing messages in the comment section like crazy.


OMG HI KID!!! HI KIM DAHYUN!

Hi from Indonesia 👋 👋

SHE'S SO PRETYY FMEBEQJNQN

QUEEN! HELLO TO YOU! HSJSKDJDJJD

 

"Woah, this is crazy," Dahyun grinned, watching more and more people join in. Nayeon leaned over her shoulder, just barely sneaking in on the camera. "Maybe, we should do an introduction thing?" Dahyun asked herself out loud. "Hello! This is Kim Dahyun!" she grinned, passing her phone to Nayeon, who gave a dramatic gasp before gushing her hellos. Then it moved around the room, everyone introducing themselves personally until, Dahyun rushed over and covered the camera lens as she speaks, "Everyone! You might saw in our preview that we will be revealing the mysterious cast at the next episode which is tonight's and actually the sole reason for this gathering and livestream is for you to meet her."


Dahyun made drum roll sounds, everyone follows, "Everyone, please meet my angel, my soulmate, Minari~"


"Hello, everyone... I'm Mina, Nayeon's rival in Lucky. Nice to meet you all." Mina shyly introduced herself and her character, Dahyun leaned to look at the comments that were swooping in.

 

"Woah, there are a lot of responses! They got excited! Let's answer some questions then, Miss Mina." Dahyun said, taking the phone from Mina's hand, who blushed with the contact and endearment.


Her eyes caught onto a comment which made her laugh.

 

Did you just call Mina Miss Mina?!?!? 😂 😂

 

 

"Did I just call Mina unnie Miss Mina? Why yes, I did, it's my nickname for her. It's because she looks like a Highness, don't you agree?" Dahyun quipped, tossing a grin to the side to Mina who had her eyes cutely narrowed at her. She adjusted the camera so everyone could see that sulky face.

"I don't like the nickname. It makes me look old." She grumbled.

"Awww, don't be like that!" Dahyun teased, inside her is melting so she then looked back onto the screen to dismiss the flutterings.


"I noticed that a lot of you noticed we didn't get paired up in a series before. Yes, yes, this is a first time I'll be having Mina unnie as my love interest." Dahyun grins, ignoring Nayeon nudging her side teasingly. 

 

"Mina unnie, welcome to the series! They are congratulating you." 

 

"Thanks everyone, I'll do my best in the series. I won't let you down..."Mina giggles, staring at the camera with a cute smile.


"You guys don't have idea how Mina's character will turn out. It's exciting!" Nayeon's voice rang loud. "You're impossible, Nayeon. You cheer your rival!" Jeongyeon blurted out, everyone laughs because in the series, Nayeon hated Mina's guts, so much and they are rivaling to get Dahyun's heart.


"Okay, let's stop this series talk first because we've all gotten some questions on twitter earlier to answer and then when we get through them we'll answer some live questions." Dahyun lifted her head to look around the room. "Who has the questions list?"


Momo raised the paper, Dahyun thanked her and sees the questions first.


"Let's go with Nayeon unnie.." Dahyun started, flipping the camera so it was on the older girl. She grinned, eyes wide and excited to get a question. "What is your favourite lipstick brand? Your lips always look good with lipstick on, I wanna know what brand you are using."

She wooed and ummed over it for a second and clasped her hands together to tell her secret. 

 

"Your next question is why don't you create your own YouTube channel?"

Nayeon's eyes widened for a moment, her lips parting in surprise.

 

"I'd never thought about it before! Maybe I should consider making one!" she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter