Wish 1 : Before The Story Begins

The Lucky Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Being in entertainment industry for almost four years, Dahyun thinks she proved herself well. From the craziness of the whole situation, the hustle and bustle and everything is an experiment as everyone running around, producers stressing, lines and actions forgotten from her co-stars, Dahyun can able to deal it without letting it be as her distraction, she's still focused and precise on her acting. That's the main reason why she is named as one of the best actor in the country. She's serious in every things she do. 

 

 

"Dahyun, you're scene is next...." Dahyun gets up, grabbing her water bottle before she leaves to the break room and went out to a park-looking place. The director instructed her to go away a bit far away from the camera.

 

 

 

"Okay, what's the next scene?" She asked.

 

 

 


"Next scene is bumping your love interest, making you get a heart attack... Act like you have a super severe disease... Our next location is in the hospital...."

 

 


Dahyun smiles at the director as she used to do this scene really a lot, like she can't know how many times did she have to fall on her knees and be in love with the girl she bumped. This is so easy, no pressure.... until a familiar face came out from the other room, making her shock.

 

 

 


"Mina sweetie~" 

 

 

Mina raised her hand, answering softly, "Yes?"

 

 

 

"Just walk with your bag open, Dahyun will bump you and you know what next you will do, right? Right! Let's start it! Get on your position!"

 

 

 

Dahyun can't see Mina properly as they are apart but she's pretty sure, Mina looks so very angelic and feminine on how her uniform suits on her. Her heart unusually beats hard and fast specially how cherry blossoms falling on the place. Dahyun's chest started feeling spring inside.

 

 

Dahyun wonders, 'Why Mina is here? She don't know any of this!'

 

 

 

"Direct! I have a question!" 

 

 

"Go on, darling..."

 

 

"Why Mina is my love interest here? I don't remember you telling me about it.... I thought you'll hire a rookie actress that will be paired with me...."

 

 

 

"Well, I think you and Mina may click together...  The fans will be thrill to watch you two since you never got any projects together from the start and I think Myoui Mina is the perfect girl for this story...."

 

 


Dahyun slowly realized her words so she nodded her head, "I understand, Mina's strong point is angst and tragic stories. I get it..."

 

 


"Okay, enough on question, Kim. Let's prepare you!"

 

 

 

The director goes back to her seat, she gets her microphone as she chanted, "Ready, Set.... Action!"

 

 

 

 

 

~*~
Dahyun started her acting as she begins running, glancing on her both sides as if she's looking someone else while going towards Mina who's just walking in her cute school uniform, enjoying how cherry blossom blews in the air. She let out a very small smile on her thin lips, the camera zoomed in her face, recording it at the perfect angle. Dahyun keeps running towards her until they collide each other. Things flew up, including the bag, Mina sitting on the ground, Dahyun looking back at her with a stunned look.

 


Dahyun scurried back as she picks out the girl's belonging then she looks down on her, still sitting, she says in worried and caring tone, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you. I'm actually catching up an appointment with my doctor, I'm very----" Dahyun stops her words when Mina looks up, eyes landing on Dahyun's, making the actress gulp which is not the part of the act.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Cut! Cut! Cut!" The director shouted then she went to Dahyun, she asked, "What was that? You supposed to give back the intensity of Mina's gaze on you, not like you're pissing on your pants! Dahyun, come on! This is not like you!" The director scolded her for the first time, Dahyun can feel Mina's stare at her even now as the latter checking on her.

 

 

 

"Again! Repeat at the part you're sorry, okay? Again! Scene 47! In 3, 2, 1, Action!"

 

 

~*~

Dahyun level herself with Mina as she kneel in front of her, she repeated her line as she says, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you. I'm actually catching up an appointment with my doctor, I'm very----"

 

 

Then cue! Mina slowly looks at her, staring her soul. Dahyun fighting back not to gulp or blink. Just stare, Kim freaking Dahyun, stared at her the way you stared all your previous partners, give her a loving stare you always used to Sana, make her blush and anything, just stare at her deeply, Dahyun, focus... focus.... focus... don't let her wonderful face back off, will you? Stare, stare, stare.. Dahyun says in her mind then suddenly she hears her director yelling again.

 

 

 

 

"Cut! Cut! Cut!"

 

 

Mina cuts the eye contact as she look at their director. Dahyun blushed, leaning away from Mina. "Dahyun! Dahyun! When I said that give back the stare, I don't mean keep staring her! You forgot your next line!!"

 


"Oh I'm so sorry, director. I'm just not feeling well..." Dahyun excused shamelessly but the director won't fall for it. But her partner seems got tricked by her as she puts comforting hand on her shoulder as she asked, "Do you eat your medicine already?"

 

 


Dahyun's chest start to constrict, Mina must be really kidding her, of course she didn't! Why she needs to ask it so softly and caring? Adding to her heart's uneasiness Mina added, "I do have medicines if you need, you want some?"

 

 

... That little small voice as if it is just a whisper sending Dahyun off... 

 

"I-----I---I----" Dahyun stuttering and lack of response makes the director get up from her seat, going towards them with a roll up papers on her hand, probably scripts, she doesn't need to know that but anyway she's getting there and she can't still answer Mina when suddenly her director shouted at her.

 

 

 

"WAKE UP ON YOUR SENSES, KIM DAHYUN!!!" The director shouted at her then she hits the thick paper on her head several times until Mina looped her arms around Dahyun as she protects her from the attacks. Suddenly Dahyun feels warm not only from the Mina's body but also inside from the way Myoui Mina makes her feels... 

 


It's very first time she feels this way to certain someone. She doesn't know why... She doesn't even notice Mina before at all until this moment.... It's confusing...really..... from the way the director still hitting her... Does she knows she can sue her for hitting an actress like her? Who does she think she is? Wait.... Her voice seems pretty familiar...

 

 

 

 

 


"WAKE UP, YOU SLEEPYHEAD!!!" 

 


Dahyun bolts up, opening her eyes wide. She looks around, finding herself inside her van. Dahyun smiled in relief that it was all a dream but she can't help to feel a little bit sad that Myoui Mina is not her partner at all... She also feel a bit frustrated that the dream had to be cut in that part when Mina hugging her tightly....

 

 


"Hey you smiley creep, you forgotten you supposed to meet someone inside. The media is already outside, waiting for you to get out of here.. You need to hurry before they get many and we don't want any pushing incident occurs again, right?" 

 

 


Dahyun hums in reply, fixing her shirt. 

 

 

"READY TO GO, LITTLE STAR?" Her P.A asked with a tease. "Shut up, I'm not a little-whoaah!" Dahyun feels herself pushed outside, making her stand wobbly a bit. She recovers it fast as she composed herself....

 

 


A big bright smile... That's what everyone wanted so why was it was so hard to give? She just freaking wake up like a minute ago, she can't just give the same smile!

 

 

 


"DAHYUN!" They shouted now. "Over here!!!"

 


"One more!"

 


"This way!"

 

 

Camera lights flashed to her direction, capturing every moment she takes, Kim Dahyun, the nation's first love, smiling and waving to everyone with her signature smile. Because of her undeniably charms and hardwork, she get known as one of the popular star in this generation. From the sensational several works like Time To Love, Spoiled Rotten, Lights Turn On, Triunity, Sprite and many more series she starred as the main actress, shows how diverse her acting and charms can be, like she could pull off a total ideal boyfriend/girlfriend material to being a cute messy girl who crushes hard to someone. Kim Dahyun is totally a huge name in entertainment industry not only from her project series but also in variety world as she always get lovecalls from the producers to be a guest as she's quite funny and can be extra that makes audiences love her... 

 

 

 

Today, she received a call from her manager telling her that she have an appointment to some director she worked with before, she doesn't know who is it and what is this about so she goes here as early as possible to check....

 

 


She turns around, giving last wave and bow to the people who patiently waited for her to arrive at their agency before she walks inside the company.

 


Her manager walks up to her and greeted her, "Morning..." 

 

 

She answers back plainly, "Morning... Why you won't still tell me who director I'm going to meet?" Dahyun tried. Her manager just smiles and shook his head as she replies, "Nope, see her for yourself and also... your co-star is already there.... Be excited..."

 


"Fine.... Just get me some coffee, I'm sleepy..."

 

 

"Sure thing.... Anything else?"

 

 

"My schedule?"

 


"Oh, schedule! This is your only schedule for today... Once the meeting finished, the time is yours..."

 


"Great.... I wanna go buy something..."

 

 

"Want me to come with you? Or you hav---"

 

 

"No, I'll ask Sana out...."

 

 

"Ohhh I see.... Is this for the rumors? Rumors of you and Irene Bae? You wanted to go away from it? Or maybe a fanservice?"

 

 

"Nope, can hanging out with your friend be a fanservice? No, right? Let's just end this conversation, I'm going up... I'll call you once it's done..." Dahyun faced him with a smile, slapping his muscle as she telling him he can go. Her manager just nodded and left. 

 


Dahyun escaped a deep breathe before pressing the up button. The elevator opens then she goes in, not forgetting pressing the 7th floor. Dahyun taps her foot as she wonders what project she will get be handled. 

 

 

Ding!

 


The elevator opens, she came out. She walks calmly in a free hallways until she arrived in front of the said room. She push the door open when a scream welcomes her.

 

 


"DAHYUN-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

 


Not even further steps, the girl latched herself to her, hugging and swaying her body tightly. 

 

 

"N-Nayeon unnie, it's toooo tight... Please let me go..." Dahyun hardly speaks, trying to break out when the older girl frowns and pouted at her.

 

 

"Why? Are you not happy to see me here? You don't want me to be your partner?"

 

 

Dahyun smiles nervously, "No, unnie! I'm glad to see you here!"

 

 

"You sure?"

 


"Yes, I'm happy...." Dahyun tries her best to smile in not-so-forcefully way...

 

 

"Great, if not I'm gonna replace you with Momo..."

 

Dahyun snorted, "You're just making an excuse to be with your girlfriend, Nayeon unnie.... Speaking of that, how's Japan with her?"

 

 

 

Nayeon's eyes sparkled when the mention of her love, "Great! Great! We did have fun! We went to Disneyland with her sister, it's really enjoyable place to go in vacation. We took rides and make her lose some of her fear then it works, she's not afraid that much. Yay! Also, her family treats me like I am her daughter too!!! They want to adopt me, you know~ But her sister disapproves it cause she wants Chaeyoung instead..." Nayeon bragged it so proudly. 

 

 


"Then it's wonderful! Her parents love you and want you for their daughter.... I'm really happy for you two, unnie...."

 

 

"Awww! Gomawo!!!!" Nayeon shows her gratitude by smiling widely. "How about you and Sana? Is there any progress?" Nayeon teasingly furrowed her eyebrows.

 

 

 

"No! I mean none!  Why you keep thinking our relationship in different way? We just.... I don't know if it's flirt but yeah I'm sure whatever between us is not gonna develop into something more... We know Sana.... She doesn't settle anything..."

 

 

 

"Keep denying, Dubu... Everyone and their mothers know how whipped you are and captured by Sana's charms. It's too way impossible for you NOT to like her.... Dahyun, I knew you for years, I knew your preferences...." Nayeon drag Dahyun with her as they sat down together. Hands still holding, Nayeon added "You could tell unnie everything, I'll help you... I want you to be completely happy, not the forced and this charming Kim Dahyun though.... and actually, I'm excited to see how you are when you are in love and have some romantic relationship with them.... I wanna see you being a girlfriend! I can't still understand how could you do acting all too hopeless in love in your series when you have zero experience in dating in real life.... Not to mention that you have several scandals here and there.... I realized we could be a different person at different aspects, huh..."

 

 

"Nayeon, we're an actress... We need to act like were not ourselves...." Dahyun pointed out but when suddenly the door flung open revealing their director they worked for. 

 

 


"Oh! Director-nim!" 

 


"Hey! Nice meeting you again, my first ever and original pair!!!"

 

 

"We missed you, Director-nim" The two actress hugged their director, missing and remembering their last time together.

 

 


"Haaaaaa...." Director breathes out loudly while looking the two with a proud smile, "You two grown up so much.... I can't believe that the pair I worked with at first will be this so popular...."

 

 


The director stopped before she looks towards Nayeon, "You, Nayeon-ah...  leading the Gold Dust, the most popular and beautiful series now...."

 

 


"You, Kim Dahyun, the most charming and desirable celebrity... our princess turning into a soft cute little guy that everyone wants..."

 

 

"You two have gotten really far.... I can't believe that.... I will work with you two again... as a pair..."

 

 

"Partners?" 

 

 

"We're partners again? For what reason? You should have pick... Saida! You might forget our project together didn't went good. What I mean, famous... Maybe We doesn't get that really much attention and recognition.. Also, people don't ship us right now! We're basically an to their eyes or even more a tragic pair! You might forget that we got two rumors of having a bad blood, could you believe that? You risking again, Director-nim... I'm sorry for telling you all this, I just care and wanted the best for you and your team...." Nayeon ended her opinion for this reunion project series with Dahyun.

 

 


"I knew all of it, I'm very aware of it. It's just... you two basically have my trust to act this drama really well plus I want to work with my first loves... You two are always my top picks, you know..."

 


Dahyun reassuringly massage his shoulder as she says, "I'm fine getting back with her... if you really think we are the best suit for your story..."

 


"Fine, fine.... I'll be with her in this...so what's this drama project all about?"

 

 


"Actually, my first pick to play this roles is Satzu cause the plot will be good to them but I think it would be great if I'll be picking different one as I chose the unusual pairing for this time like... I want to prove that you two can make it work even you're not with your 'not so permanent on-screen partners'. This could test how good your acting is. after all, you two are the greatest considering you lead the top dramas in country..." he flashed his smile before taking out thick papers from his bag, giving it to the two actress.

 

 

"The drama titled Lucky..."

 

 


"Okay? Are we two bestfriends who fell in love to each other or something like the Jason Mraz song? Is this based from that?" Nayeon meticulously eyed the scripts.

 

 

"Oh no... It's not that..." the director chuckles then he explains what kind of role Nayeon have.

 

 

"The story is you, Nayeon... the lucky one in every situations like you really are in real life... ends up with annoying and childish girl which is Dahyun who have been loving you for so long. One day she tricked you going into relationship with her. As time goes by, you see how much love that Dahyun offers to you then bang! You fall in love with her but another character comes and steal Dahyun away from you and so forth... It's romcom anyway... I believe that you two are the best among the rest------"

 


"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

 

 

Nayeon's laughter booms around the room, making Dahyun hit her face using her scripts as they read the dialogues between them and everything on the paper.

 

 

"This is hilarious! Oh God, Dahyun..... You seriously cute here!" Nayeon gushed over as she read one of Dahyun's line...

 

 

She imitated Dahyun usual calming tone as she says with action while flexing her muscle, "Dont worry, my beloved unnie... I'll take her home. I can prove to you that I can protect you and your family. Don't let my height fool you. I'm stronger what you think."

 

 

"Stop it, Nayeon unnie...." Dahyun covers her face shyly.

 

 

"Director-nim, I'm sorry for telling this but this is kind of cringe for me.... and embarrassing... I don't know and I'm not sure I can do this role... I skimmed the script and saw some of my lines, it's a bit------"

 

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

 

 

"Oh shut up, Nayeon... You forgot you'll be seeing those acts closely... I'm sure you will get bad for laughing at me and have so many takes...."

 

 


Nayeon fans herself while calming down. "It's not you, Dahyun. The reason this time is I have funny friends too here. I like this story. I'm enjoying just reading this..." 

 

 

 The two emerged themselves skimming the script before their director break it as he informed, "I haven't decided the other characters here... Maybe you could help me..."

 


"Sure!!!!" Nayeon excitedly answered. Dahyun just nodded her head. She actually feel pressure for this. Sure, she usually have bright and being extra characters in her dramas but she thinks this one is totally different type of bright and goofy character, it's not all that. As she reads the script, she sees that there are plotted twist on this that could make you surprise...

 

 

As she explores the script, Nayeon keeps talking with director happily until when her director calls her attention. 

 

 

"Dahyun-ah... Stop reading the script. I do have a question for you. I'm curious.."

 

 

Dahyun put down her script and faced her director. He clasped his hands together, pursuing his lips, staring straight at her, before asking this...

 

 

"Kim Dahyun, for you..." He trailed off.

 

 

Dahyun felt nervous all of the sudden....

 

 

"who's girl you wishing to love you to moon and back, protect you at all cost and head over heels for you as you feel that you are luckiest person having her?" Her director asked in serious tone.

 

 


Dahyun got confuse by the sudden question coming from her director. As a girl who don't have any experience in dating, this is hard for her. This could have been easy for her when this is asked in an interview or talkshow. Her answer would be always Sana, her Sana unnie... as she is her regular pairing, but this one is totally out from her work, her director who is close to her heart asking her with those concern and warm eyes... as if he is asking her if who she really likes for real...

 


Dahyun thinks....

 


thinks.......

 

 


thinks.....

 

And thinks.......

 


She racked her brain to get an answer from that question but she couldn't find or even popped someone's name inside her head when involuntarily moves without realizing it.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Mina...."

 

 


Nayeon's eyes widen, looking shocked. She stood and let out a suspecting gasp, "OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

 

 

 

Gulp.... what did she say? Why Nayeon reacting this?

 

 


Her director pumped his hand and smiles widely, "Okay, it's settle..The girl you chose will be your second leading woman by the way...I'll inform Myoui Mina about this.."

 

 

 

"WHAAAAAAAATTTT?" Dahyun stood, can't understand what's happening. Oh shoot, she forgot that they are talking about the series!

 


"I asked you about your second lead. The question is about her role in your character. The second lead is a type of warm and caring person who's been always there for you, not minding who and what you are as a person. She loves you genuinely as it is a perfect love..." The director explained in soft way.

 

 

 

Dahyun can't speak anything. The description of her role is everything.... that it is too good to be true.... to be able to receive it from Mina, she admits.

 


Mina... Mina.... Mina....

 

 

What she gotten herself for blurting out her name on this situation, really? 

 

 

 

They are not closed nor paired up in a project. This is a first time, and Nayeon is already giving her lowkey teasing and annoying smiles.

 

 

"Well, well, well.... The eagle and the penguin.... Nice choice, Dahyunnie... I never thought of you thinking that way towards her... I thought you'll choose Sana or Tzuyu for this question or myself! God! How dare you?! I'm a goddess! You are lucky if I ever like you..." Nayeon fakely sobbed on her shirt.

 

 

"I---I don't know.... I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter