Jinjoo; Gummy Bears

A Wizard's Tale Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin was frustrated because the gummy bears from her favorite convenience store has been out of stock for five days.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A young woman walked in the streets with her long padded jacket, she shivered as she took each step, going to her favorite convenience store two turns from her house.

She observed the street, there are only a few people walking around because of the temperature, probably choosing to just stay at home instead. But, it wasn't really surprising since she was living in a country that has four seasons anyway. 

Ahn Yujin could see the greenish led sign 'Family Mart' already, smiling to herself, the idea of seeing colorful packages inside the area made her excited.

She's going to get herself any food that she likes, it's a place where you can buy various snacks anyways, be it Junk foods, Ice cream, Soda, and different kinds of noodles.

Once the tall girl went inside the store, she was immediately greeted by a cheeky Japanese girl.


Well, cheeky, like, it literally means squishy cheeks. 

 


"Oh, Yujin-chan, nice to see you today!"

 


"Good afternoon Hitomi-chan!" 


Calling each other in a Japanese way, the two girls exchanged smiles, it was already a routine for them to greet each other cheerfully. The girl named Hitomi has been working as a cashier in the convenience store for a year already and indeed, she became Yujin's friend since the latter is a regular customer. 

 

"So, what are you going to get today? Ice cream?"

 


"Nah, I feel like eating something lighter. I kind of miss eating gummies."

 


Hitomi gave a worried expression as Yujin walked in the candy section. Scanning through the items, Yujin draws her eyebrows together. 

 

"Oh, I think there's none left."

 


"Ah, as expected. I think the previous customer just hoarded everything on the shelf."

 


"Someone's that greedy? Ugh, this is sad."

 


"You can come back tomorrow, we won't have the stock delivery 'til this evening. I'm sorry Yujin-ssi." Hitomi gave her an apologetic look.

 


Yujin found it cute and just chuckled at the cashier. She then proceeded to buy herself strawberry milk instead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


-

 

 

 

 


The day after, Yujin eagerly walked briskly, going back to the store with Hitomi greeting her like the usual. The young girl went straightly to the section she visited yesterday.

 

Unfortunately, another disappointed face was seen by Hitomi, and of course, she can't do anything about it but say sorry to Yujin.

 

No gummy bears left, for the second time around.

 


On the other hand, Yujin was wondering how can a person have this big appetite when it comes to this certain candy. It's impossible, she thought.

 

After, it's been probably another three days straight, and Yujin is getting too eager to get her gummy bears in the convenience store.

 

 She, again, went back home, a little bit frustrated because she ended up buying other products instead. 

 

Hitomi told her that the hoarder usually goes to the store around early lunch, describing the suspect as a girl who has wavy black hair, her face was similar to a frog or a monkey, as per the Japanese girl.

 

Eventually, her cravings for gummy bears grew bigger. 

 

Her pride told her not to visit any other stores until she gets herself the gummy bear from the specific Family Mart. Well, that's how competitive she is in nature.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Today was the fifth day of seeing Hitomi's face. But Yujin was earlier compared her normal schedule.


And the cheeky girl swore to herself that there's a ball of fire depicting Yujin's determination to get her gummy bears today.


Yujin walked heavily towards the stall, trying to surprise herself. 

 

Once she saw a glimpse of the shelf, Yujin felt like her whole mood had lifted up.

 

For there was a pack of gummy bear left on the shelves. 

 


The taller girl felt like there was an angelic orchestra that surrounded her ears playing a melody of victory and a light from heaven that gave the limelight to the single-packed gummies. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Finally!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Yujin whispered to herself a little loudly and that made Hitomi sigh in relief.

The tall girl extended her hand, smiling widely with her dimples showing already, reaching her prize after her week-long journey in the same place.

Not until..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Thank goodness, there's one more!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yujin was left dumbfounded with her hand hanging in the air, looking a little stupid for her failed attempt of grabbing it.


Another girl was able to get her precious pack of gummy bears, she was quicker to reach it than Yujin who seemed to be stuck in a slow-motion film.


Yujin then looked at the girl absurdly, not accepting her defeat. 

 


"Yah!"

 


Hitomi and the 'gummy bear hoarder' were surprised due to the sudden yell they heard from the tall girl.

 


"I was the one who saw that first!"

 

 

Yujin shamelessly stole the pack from the other girl's hand and then safe-keeping it on her chest.

 


"Hey! That's mine!"

 


"No, I saw it first, it's mine!" The shorter girl argued back, she was also quite confused with the taller girl's sudden rage.

 


"I got it first, therefore, it's mine!"

 


The two young ladies continued the bickering and Hitomi was already worried because it might spark into deeper conflict. She didn't know what to do. 


The black haired girl tried to reach back the jellies but to her bad luck, she took a wrong step and fell on her .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Ouch!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahn Yujin smirked, "Well, it's all mine now." She turned her back going straightly to Hitomi to pay for the product.


She didn't even help the other girl to get up regardless of how painful her fall may seem.


Hitomi, on the other hand, was still worried, she shook her head. She can't believe that two people are actually fighting over a pack of gummy bears.

 

However, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter