7 Jinjoo; Miles Away

A Wizard's Tale Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yujin never thought that opening her laptop in a specific schedule will happen in her life as a routineㅡthat the source of her smile in the morning is through opening it. She got up from the bed and took a bath, she wore light make up, did her hair, and prepared for her work. 

 

Ahn Yujin was working at a media production as a director, and the success this she had from this career was more than enough, she loved everything she does, the co-workers and the awards that she got.

 

Thanks to her hardworking self, she was finally in her dreams. But what more could a person ask for if she almost has everything good in her career life? 

 

Of course, that one person.

 

"Good morning Ms. Yujin, all of the tasks are accomplished and we just need to shoot the interview," a cute woman walked straight to Yujin as she appeared inside the studio. 

 

All the hellos and good mornings were greeted in unison to some, it was undeniable that the respect Yujin gets from people is massive. 

 

"Thanks, Hitomi," the Director gave her a warm smile. 

 

"By the way, we might re-touch your make up, so please go to the dressing room once you're ready."

 

 "I'll go there shortly," 

 

Hitomi bowed at her and left Yujin, she was looking at her phone and noticed it was 10 in the morning. "Am I a bit late for a call?" She asked herself.

 

Instead of bothering on her phone, Yujin went focused her eyes on the shade of her make-up, she moved her finger as the make up artist waited where it would land.

 

 "I'm choosing this one," Yujin pointed at the shade. 

 

The artist nodded and went to do her work and the director just looked at the mirror. Then suddenly, She glanced at the calendar date, it was March 11. Yujin tried hiding her expression, but she couldn't contain the smile. 

 

"Is it a special day, Miss?"

 

 "You could say that," 

 

"Then we need to highlight your beauty in today's interview!" Yujin nodded and both of them chuckled.

 

"Miss Yujin, you look dazzling!" 

 

One of the cameramen commented some of the staff clapped their hands as Yujin was seen on the camera. 

 

She worked with these people long enough, and Yujin knew she was doing well because of the love she receives from them. Not long after, the host was clearing , preparing for the recording. 

 

"Good morning to everyone and welcome to our show for today. Some people might've not seen this coming but our special guest today's the ever hardworking director, Ahn Yujin!"

 

 Everyone applauded the iconic person in front of them. 

 

"Thanks for granting the public's demand, Ms. Yujin!"

 

"I'm flattered about it, and since it's International Women's Month, it's an honor for me to get featured in interviews and magazine covers," 

 

The host entertained everyone enough and Yujin was just flashing her bright smile that caught everyone's heart.

 

 "Of course, with a successful woman like you, we assume that you're dating life has the same good management as your career," 

 

Yujin changed her expression to a serious one, but it wasn't much of a difference, she still looked professional. 

 

"I appreciate my image to the public, and how people see me as strong and independent, but as you may know, I am not perfect, and those flaws that I have with me are significant for every woman to have the opportunity in overcoming challenges.."

 

 

 

".. I have been dating someone for four years now." There were sad reactions in the studio and Yujin only chuckled at their disappointments. 

 

"I would say that this relationship isn't the most ideal for traditional people and for those who perceive it with their religious beliefs. But if I learned one thing about this relationship, that would be being strong throughout. The most important thing in a relationship is having you and your partner understand what's lacking, and how to fill that void," 

 

"When you say that this isn't ideal, what do you mean about it, if it's okay?" The host asked and Yujin was caught off guard. 

 

 

"Well," Yujin looked around hee and there were numerous pairs of eyes anticipating her answer. 

 

"I'm dating a woman,"

 

 

The studio was suddenly filled with silence, everyone seems to be confused because it was Yujin's first time to reveal her love life to the public. She was more of a private person. 

 

"I know that revealing this won't be liked by everyone but in my case, I think this is a good chance to tell the world that I'm lucky with who I am dating," Yujin smiled and looked at the camera. 

 

"Yes, I am dating a woman, and no, I don't need permission from people that thinks this is not the right thing to do. As a woman with pride, I can say that fulfilling my dreams as a director is a milestone, and dating the same gender doesn't ruin that. Not because I'm a woman, I don't have the right to choose how I live, to do what I love and try the things that are not meant for women to do, as said by people who believed that women are designated to stay at home and take care of their children,"

 

"If you're a woman and you're watching this, everyone like us is encouraging you to always be brave when taking a step that you haven't done before, no judgment, no criticism, because everyone has equal rights to decide for themselves and if that makes you happy? That.. makes you happy," 

 

Yujin ended her speech with another round of applause. The host expressed her amazement towards the director. 

 

"Wow, everyone, you're watching one of the most amazing women I've ever met!" The host was getting cheesy and Yujin laughed at him. "Ms. Yujin, you're an inspiration to every woman who strives to protect themselves, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter