Sparks Fly

When Night Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Sowon walked out of the room and closed the cabin door behind her, her mind still processing if whatever she heard just now was real or just a part of her imagination. She walked towards the girls who were already waiting for her as the six of them walked towards the meeting place where everyone gathered in the morning.

The others besides Sowon and Yuju huddled close to each other the moment their feet touched the wooden walkway of the forest trail. They kept silent and they gaze foward as they brisk walked their way through the trail. Sowon tapped Yuju on the shoulder as she watched the other four move further and further away from them. Yuju turned to face Sowon and looked up to meet her face.

“So, do you believe in this? About what the others said.” Sowon asked.

“Not really at first, but when Umji came to find me last night the look on her face was really strange. She was so scared and worried, i could see it in her eyes.”

“But still all this is just...i don’t know, impossible. Look at them.” Sowon said as she gestured to the group of four hugging and walking together. 

“My mother always said that the impossible is just something possible that we don’t understand. Now let me ask you something, if all this is real what would you do?” 

“There’s nothing i can do besides to be with them to the end.” Sowon replied as Yuju nodded her head. 

“Good answer, it’s the same way I feel as well. We should catch up with them we’re already late.” Yuju said as she grabbed the taller girl’s hand and began chasing after the others.

Soon, every camper stood in front of the podium behind the lake as they chatted with each other and waited for the camp leaders to show up. The girls from the green room gathered with the others and waited together, moments later Taeyeon and Tiffany walked up the podium and gathered the attention of everyone in front of them.

Taeyeon and Tiffany then began to brief through the itinerary for the day’s activity while Sowon stood there a bit zoned out. She looked around her completely ignoring the instructions of the camp leaders as her eyes roamed around the crowd surrounding her.

Her eyes landed on a girl who had a clear look of worry on her face as she began to fidget with her fingers. Sowon continued to watch her studying her from head to toe taking in every detail about her actions and behavior. Just then Taeyeon and Tiffany had finish what they wanted to say and were walking down the podium.

Without hesitation, the girl separated herself from the crowd and rushed her way towards Taeyeon. Both of them shared a short conversation before they walked away together. Sowon found their actions strange and decided to follow them.

“Sowon? Where are you going?” Yerin asked as she saw the tall girl walking away.

“Are you not joining us to eat?” Sinb added.

“You guys go ahead i’ll catch up with you guys later on.” Sowon said and rushed off as the girls continued to call out for her.

“Where is Sowon going?” Yuju asked in confusion as the girls shrugged their shoulders.

Sowon walked around the campus trying to find out where Taeyeon had gone off to, then from the corner of her eyes she saw Taeyeon escorting the girl into her office as she closed the door behind her. Sowon slowly sneaked up and stood behind the door, from where she stood she could hear some murmuring coming from inside the office. Slowly she placed her ears onto the door allowing herself to hear the conversation clearly.

“Are you sure you’ve checked everywhere?” Sowon heard a voice which she recognised was Taeyeon’s.

“Yes! She was with us last night and after the gathering at Irene’s cabin she just went missing!” Another voice spoke out.

Sowon eye’s widened in shock after hearing that someone had gone missing, she recalled their conversation the previous night and Yuju’s words just started to play back in her mind. She moved away from the door with her hand on .

“No way...” Sowon repeated to herself as she began to pace up and down. 

Just then the door opens and the girl walked out of the office while mumbling something to herself, her words were inaudible as she walked away from the office. Sowon felt that she needed to know more and chased after the girl and placed her hand onto the girl’s shoulder as the latter jumped in fright.

“Hey, i didn’t mean to frighten you, are you ok?” Sowon asked as the girl slowly turn around to face Sowon.

“Oh it’s you, the girl Irene calls a .” The girl replied as Sowon rolled her eyes at the comment but decided to ignore that for a while.

“Yeah...anyways are you alright? You seemed a bit panicked, is there anything i can do to help?”

“Get lost! Why don’t you mind your own business.” The girl said as she began to walk away.

“I think i know what happened to that missing girl.” Sowon said loudly as the girl immediately stopped in her tracks.

“If you truly know what happened to my friend, then you wouldn’t be talking about it so openly.”

“What do you mean? I just want to talk to you.” Sowon said as she walked towards the girl as the both of them were now facing each other directly.

“Are you that clueless? I don’t need your help, there is nothing you can do to help me.” The girl said before walking off.

“Hey!” Sowon tried to call out to her but the girl ignored Sowon’s call and began to walk faster. 

Sowon clenched her fist and placed it against her forehead trying to calm herself down. She decided to brush the matter aside and began walking towards the cafeteria. She pushed the door open as the co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter