The First Night

When Night Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was dinner time and the four remaining girls sat together as they ate together. Sinb rested on her hand while poking her food with a fork on the other. She was staring blankly at her plate oblivious to the other girl’s looks towards her.

“You alright there?” Sowon asked while tapping Sinb’s on the arm.

The girl flinched at the sudden contact from Sowon, she stared up to her concerned friend and let out a smile. 

“I’m fine, i’m just very worried for Yerin and Eunha.” Sinb replied before finally taking a bite from her meal.

“Yeah, what’s up with them? They were acting really strange ever since this afternoon.” Yuju added while the other girls just stare at her.

“Sinb, did Yerin say anything to you? About why she’s like this?” Umji asked and Sinb started to shake her head.

“Like i said, she felt nauseous and weak so she decided to rest back at the cabin.” Sinb lied trying not to scare the others as much as she was.

Umji squinted her eyes while looking at Sinb, she knew that Yerin must have told her more than that and what Sinb said was just a lie to cover up the truth. She realised the same behavioural patterns between Yerin and Eunha causing her curiosity to spike.

But she kept her thoughts to herself, Umji was smart enough to know that all things will come to light in matter of time. The girls continued their dinner in silence besides a few small talks here and there but most of it were speculations of what possibly happened to the other girls.

By the time that they had walked out of the cafeteria it was already night time. The pale light of them moon was the primary source of light for them to move around as they headed towards the forest trail back to their cabin.

Even though that the forest trail had torches lighted up at almost every point to make is easily accessible, the dark and eerie ambiance of the darkness of dusk still made it difficult for the girls to walk along it.

The four of them stood before the start of the trail, waiting to see who would brave the first step through the forest trail at night. The girls were standing there for almost ten minutes as the other girls on campus walked past them and gave them weird looks.

“You know what i’m going first.” Umji sighed in defeat and place her left foot in front and continue to walk.

“Hey Umji! Don’t walk so fast!” Sinb yelled as she ran towards her friend and startedto cling onto her shoulders like a backpack.

Sowon and Yuju followed along till they were all huddling together and walking through the forest trail. Umji tried to hide the fact that she felt very uncomfortable while walking along this path, her palms were sweaty and clammy.

Sinb was resting her chin on Umji’s shoulder as she followed her friend’s leas while Sowon just kept close by with Yuju holding tightly onto her arm. At this moment they were the last few people to report back to their cabins. Everyone else had already returned and left the area behind them.

“We should walk faster.” Sowon said with a slight stutter.

“I agree with Sowon, we’re literally the last to leave the main area and through my experience in watching horror movies, bad things normally happens to people who stray away from larger groups.” Yuju added making Sinb whine in fear.

“You guys need to be braver, it’s not as if we can’t see anyth- AH!” Umji screamed as she felt something fall on her head.

She dropped to the ground while covering her head and her sudden action caused Sinb to break into a sudden sprint as she ran away from them and towards the cabin.

“What was that!” Umji exclaimed her voice still having a tint of fear in them as she cowered on the ground.

Yuju saw the state that Umji was in and immediately dropped next to her and wrapped her arms around her. Yuju started caressing the younger girl’s head comforting her.

“Relax it was just a leaf, see...” Yuju said while holding up the leaf that fell on Umji’s head and showing it to the frightened girl.

“Meanwhile that Sinb would be a great person to go to a haunted house with.” Sowon mocked while pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

“Forget haunted house...did you see how fast she ran. Girl could outrun a cheetah.” Yuju said making Umji laugh at her friend’s humorous words.

Yuju stared down at Umji who was laughing and smiled at the sight in front of her. She slowly helped Umji up from the ground and the three of them returned back to their cabin. 

“I can explain.” Sinb immediately said upon seeing the three girls enter through the cabin’s door.

“You know that you got scared f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter