What Lurks At Night

When Night Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Umji shot out of the bed shoving the girls away as she ran out of the cabin. Her heart was racing and beating against her chest as she literally kicked the door open. She walked out of the cabin looking in all directions for any signs of Yuju.

Her eyes were still adjusting to the darkness of the night as she sought desperately for Yuju. The girl ran straight in the midst of desperation to find her friend towards the trees.

“Umji! What the hell! Get back here!” Sinb shouted as she stood by the front door of their cabin as she watch Umji run off.

Eunha and Yerin shoved their way past Sinb and ran after Umji but Yerin stopped halfway and turn towards Sinb while the other girl continued to run.

“Sinb, you know she shouldn’t be out here alone. Especially at night.” Yerin said as Sinb nodded her head and followed Yerin.

Umji kept on searching for any signs of her friend having very minimal light to help her. Eventually, she saw Yuju standing by herself at the same spot where she saw the horror took place when she was inside the bathroom.

“Yuju!” She shouted as she ran towards her friend.

Yuju turned to look at Umji who was frantically running towards her, she noted that her friend was covered in sweat and was completely out of breath. She watched Umji with confusion not knowing what had happened, she looked behind Umji and saw that the other girls were also slowly approaching from behind.

“What happened? What are all of you doing out here?” Yuju asked as the girls all gathered around each other.

“Let’s go back inside, it’s not safe here.” Umji said as she gripped onto Yuju’s wrist and pulled at it strongly.

“Hey! What do you mean?” Yuju said with a flinch at the sudden action of her friend.

“Let’s just go!” Umji said as she pulled at her friend’s wrist one more time this time with more force.

“Stop it, it hurts...why can’t i stay here?”

“Please...let’s go back in...” Umji said as she look up to face the eyes of her friend.

It was that moment that Yuju saw tear forming in Umji’s eyes, her eyes were red and watery as some droplets of tears trickled slowly down her pale cheeks. Yuju held onto Umji’s hands and realised that she was shaking, her hands cold against hers.

“Ok. Let’s go.” Yuju said holding onto Umji as she escorted her back into their cabin.

The other girls followed the two back into their cabin, as Umji walked back, Yuju couldn’t help but notice that the girl was looking around her surroundings almost as if she is finding for something. Once back in their cabin, the girls all got to their respective beds and slumped down on top of the mattress.

They laid in silence for a few seconds before Sowon decided to break the silence by clearing . She sat on the edge of her bed and stared at the other five girls seeing who would be the one to start explaining what happened.

“Somebody better start talking, or i’m going to get mad.” Sowon said feeling frustrated over the matter.

“About what?” Sinb asked.

“Look at them Sinb.” Sowon said while gesturing towards Umji, Yerin and Eunha. “They’ve clearly experienced something that is affecting them.”

“Umji what’s wrong? Why were you rushing me to come back just now?” Yuju asked as she got up and sat on Umji’s bed.

Umji looked at everyone else in the room, they were all watching her waiting for any sort of explanation. She bit her lips as she recalled the horrifying scene she saw just now, the sight of a body being pulled forcefully into the depths of darkness and that creepy little wave she did before it happened.

“Something is definitely wrong with this campsite, i don’t know exactly what is it but i think we are all in grave danger.” Umji said.

“I’m sorry, what do you mean by danger?” Sowon asked.

Umji then began to share her encounter of what happened when she was in the toilet with as much detail as she could and why she was so worried for Yuju being out there alone. Just by repeating what happened through her words was terrifying enough to make Umji shed more tears as Yuju threw herself to hug Umji immediately.

Yerin then voiced out her own encounter in the woods and the voices she heard, how the door slammed by itself and how equally terrified she felt. Eunha too shared what happened to her and also about the number eight she saw. Sowon rubbed her forehead as she tried to take in everything that was being said in their cabin.

“As much as i would like to believe you guys i just can’t. All those things you said are just impossible.” Sowon sighed as she said this.

“You wouldn’t know what it’s like till you have witnessed it for yourself, I’m with Umji on this one. Som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter