The Next Victim

When Night Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The ball flew across the court as Yuju threw it with whatever strength she could have manifested in that period of time. But Irene was quick as she jumped towards the ball and caught it with both her hands.

Yuju watched in shock at her opponent’s quick reflexes, they had lost the match.

“We have a winner!” Tiffany announced as the crowd exploded into roaring cheers for the winning team.

Sowon and the others walked up to Yuju and gave her a pat on the back and commented her on her efforts in the game. However, Yuju just kept on glaring at Irene as the crowd gathered around her and celebrated her victory.

“She may have won but you’re a winner to us.” Sowon said with a smile and Yuju seemed to calm down a bit feeling less tensed and annoyed while she stood together with her friends.

While the girls were talking to each other, Yuju felt a tap on her shoulder as she turned to see a girl standing before her while smiling brightly. It was one of Irene’s friends whom she had knocked out earlier.

“Hey good game!” She said cheerfully with her hand stretched out.

Yuju stared at the inviting hand in front of her for a few seconds before she shook it back. She watched the girl in front of her with suspicions as she tried to put on a fake smile to not make the situation more awkward.

“Joy get back here!” Irene’s loud voice called out to her friend as the latter happily skipped her way back to her group.

“Well that was...interesting.” Sinb said with her arms folded as the girls just looked towards the direction of Irene.

Irene noticed that she was being watched as she used her hand to from the shape of the letter L and placed it onto her forehead. 

“Imagine dealing with her in school.” Umji sighed loudly to herself while staring at the winning team from where they stood.

The games carried on as different other coloured houses competed against each other. The girls of the green room sat around each other as they chatted happily and played small games amongst themselves.

“Do you guys find it weird that we are sitting all the way here while the others are over there watching the dodgeball game?” Eunha asked as she sat cross legged on the ground.

“I mean it’s only the first day and Yuju poured her lunch all over the most prettiest girl on campus, almost everyone thinks that we are outcasts and we lost a game to Irene’s team.” Sinb sarcastically explained while she stared daggers at Irene who was laughing together with a huge group of girls.

“Basically what Sinb is trying to say is that Irene’s popular and she hates us, so that means everyone hates us.” Yuju said this time.

“Because everyone wants to be on her good side.” Umji finished Yuju’s sentence.

“But who needs them right?” Sowon said as she stood up gaining the attention of her friends. “We have each other now, we can make our own fun without them.” 

“I agree with the tall one!” Yuju followed Sowon’s action as she stood up next to her. 

The others started to laugh as they joined in with each other agreeing with Sowon’s idea. Although they were seperated from the others, they found the happiness that they seek within each other.

“I’m going to head back to the room for a while if Tiffany asked say that i need to use the restroom.” Yerin said before she turned away.

“Yerin wait!” Eunha said as she walked towards her and grabbed her arm. Yerin stopped and turned to look at Eunha who was staring up at her.

“Don’t go alone.” Eunha said.

“Eunha don’t worry about me, i can defend myself.” Yerin said as she caressed her friend’s shoulder and reassured her with a smile.

Eunha tried to call for Yerin again but by now she had already walked further away and was unable to hear. It was close to evening time and the sun was still scorching the ground with the heat. As Yerin paced along te forest trail back to the green room, she can’t help but admire the beauty of the forest.

‘Beautiful’

A whisper sliced through the wind as Yerin turn to the sound of the voice but she didn’t see anything. All she say was the mass amount of trees and plants of the forest. 

Yerin didn’t bother much about it as she continued to walk along the trail. Then the voice came back again, whispering the same words which made Yerin turn around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter