Welcome To Sunrise

When Night Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

On a blazing hot day in the middle of a vast green forest. The sounds of engines filed the air as cars started to drive to the entrance of Camp Sunrise dropping off the campers. Each camper dragging their colourful luggage across the soil as they gathered in the waiting area.

A black mercedes rolled to a stop in front of the main entrance, seconds later the back door open and a blonde girl stepped out of the car. She stared at the camp and took in the sight of the campers happily chatting away as they entered the area.

She sighed to herself deeply and grumpily pulled her bag out of the car as the wheels slammed onto the ground loudly. 

“Have fun honey.” Her mother said as she rolled down the window to see her child one last time for a month.

“Why did you make me come to this dump?” 

“Come on Sowon, give it a chance you’ll love it here.” Sowon’s mother replied with a sweet smile.

“Your mother’s right dear.” Her father chimed in from behind the wheel. “Maybe you’ll find someone special here.” 

“Dad!” Sowon exclaimed and her reaction caused her parents to laugh.

“Just be safe ok?” Sowon’s mother said another time as she watched her daughter walk further away from the car. 

“We love you sweetheart!” Her parents shouted to her but she just continued walking into the campsite.

She held her phone in her hand and raised up into the sky trying to get some signal but sadly she could not get any. While doing so she was completely oblivious to her surrounding.

Suddenly, she felt someone bump into her and the sudden contact made her dropped her phone onto the ground. She groaned in annoyance as she bent down to pick up her phone and immediately started checking for cracks on the screen.

“Excuse me?” A voice called out beside her as Sowon turned to see a girl on the ground.

Apparently the person that bumped into Sowon had fallen down. Sowon immediately reach out towards her to help her out but the latter swiped her hand away and shot her a glare.

“Watch where you’re going!” She retorted and Sowon was taken aback by the sudden attack.

“But you bumped into me and made me drop my phone.” Sowon replied trying to reason with the stubborn girl.

“But if you didn’t stand there i wouldn’t have bumped into you and you wouldn’t have drop your phone.” The girl stated in a matter of factly manner.

“Are you freaking kidding me?” Sowon said her face turning emptionless and shocked at the girl’s brazen accusations.

“Look i don’t have time to deal with you, just apologise and i’ll forgive you.” 

Feeling that there was no use to continue with this argument Sowon decided to apologise and to give in to the girl so as to not cause anymore trouble. With a smile the girl skipped off with her luggae towards the crowd that gathered at the waiting area.

“Just hold it in for a week Sowon. You can do this, you can survive.” Sowon said to herself with a loud heavy sigh as she found a spot and stood with the crowd.

Sowon stood by herself while everyone was already mixing around and socialising. She never was the type of person to start a concersation, she was shy and kept to herself and always kept a cold expression. That was probably the reason no one would dare start a conversation with her, not to mention her rather intimidating height.

Time passed and a short lady in a white shirt and shorts got up to the podium in front of the crowd and tapped on the microphone gaining the attention of the everyone.

“A very good morning campers! Welcome to the first day of Camp Sunrise!” The lady stopped her speech allowing the campers to shout and cheer with Joy. “So i am the camp leader, Kim Taeyeon and this is my assistant Tiffany Hwang.”

“Yes so feel free to come and talk to ask if have any questions. Don’t be shy alright!” Tiffany added and gave the crowd a big bright smile.

“That’s all we have for now so you can go and sign up in the front Zand you’ll be sent to your dorm. Each dorm is named after a colour and the dorms are separated from this main area by a small area of the forest but just follow that trail over there and you wouldn’t get lost.” Taeyeon said this as the crowd started to disperse all rushing towards the table to sign in their names.

Sowon stayed back for a bit, the sight of the growing crowd at the sign up area turned her off as she decided to wait where she stood for a couple of minutes before signing up. Her attention drew to her phone once again checking for a signal that never came.

She decided to look around her, she saw the beautiful lake that spreaded out behind the podium where the camp leaders were and a couple of kayaks stantioned near the edges of the lake. There were a few huge wooden huts one of them was a cafeteria and the other was probably a medical area.

Time slowly passed and the crowd was finally diminishing, Sowon dragged herself reluctantly towards the table and stood there as they asked for her name.

“Kim Sowon.” Sowon said.

“Ah yes, you are in the green room, all your roommates are already inside by now so you should hurry. Lunch would begin in an hour so please head on to the cafeteria.” The girl behind the table said as Sowon thanked her.

Sowon dragged her luggae along the forest trail as the sound of the rustling leaves and the heat radiated from the sun calmed her down a little as she found her way towards the room she belonged in.

Finally she found the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter