Chapter 7

The Warmth of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Sakura

 

“God it’s so bright outside.” Yena blinked.

 

Minju commented, “Only you would find something to complain about when we’re standing on a runway for a private flight.”

 

“Are you guys forgetting the name of the airline that we’re taking privately?” Yena said proudly.

 

They all looked up at the huge plane that on the side said Choi Airlines.

 

“Of course, we’re very thankful.” she said. “Now let’s all head inside.”

 

The student council members agreed, and everyone stepped inside the large plane. Most of the students had already made their way inside along with the teachers acting as chaperones. As they moved to sit down she slyly made her way over to Chaeyeon so they could sit together.

 

It seemed like Minju and Hyewon had the exact same idea because they all bumped into each other moving towards their mutual crush.

 

Yena chose that moment to get on the announcement system.

 

“As a member of student council and the heir of Choi Airlines I hope you guys enjoy the flight. We have a fully stocked restaurant on the center section, sleep pods, renovated mini first class bedrooms and anything else you need. Don’t forget to fly Choi Airlines on your next flight.”

 

Everyone cheered and began to take their seats. While everyone was distracted she, Hyewon, and Minju sneakily did a round of rock, papers, scissors that she won. She grinned and walked up to Chaeyeon, where they casually sat next to each other.

 

Chaeyeon yawned, “I’m so tired, I was up all night doing Chaemin’s ladybug project so I’m beat.”

 

“You’re a good sister.” she said.

 

Minju added, “Hope Chaemin get’s a good grade.”

 

“She better, there was so much glitter and effort put into that project.” Chaeyeon laughed.

 

Even though Chaeyeon did look tired with her dark circles and eye bags, the dancer was still adorable.

 

“Here, you can use my shoulder.” she offered.

 

“Oh, it’s alright.”

 

She didn’t take no for an answer and gently pulled Chaeyeon’s head down to her shoulder. Her crush automatically relaxed and she couldn’t hide her smile as the girl almost instantly fell asleep.

 

Not too far from her she glanced at Hyewon who had a mountain of peanuts in front of her.

 

“How do you always get so much food so quickly?” she asked.

 

Hyewon pulled out a turkey leg, “I don’t know.”

 

Wait, where had that turkey leg come from?

 

“How dare you, I’m at least a tier 1 B-plot character!” Yena yelled.

 

It was a good thing Chaeyeon was so tired she wasn’t waking up from the loudness of the student council.

 

Yujin scoffed, “Ha, as if you’re storyline is too boring. You’re already dating Joyul and you’re basically the sidekick to my plans.”

 

“A sidekick to a B-plot character? Are you calling me a C-plot character?” the duck gasped.

 

The tall girl smirked, “I said what I said.”

 

B-plot? C-plot? Seems like they were on their usual weirdness.

 

“At least you have more speaking lines.” Nako complained. “In a drama, I feel like the writer would always forget to write me in and give me random lines here and there.”

 

Why did it feel like a fourth wall was being broken?

 

Yuri added, “What about me? I’m basically only Yena’s girlfriend in our little drama. I’m my own person thank you very much.”

 

“Hey I get the least lines.” Hitomi complained. “And apparently I’m the writer’s second favorite member, how does that work?”

 

(AN: because I love you Hitomi but in this story it’s so difficult to write you in T^T)

 

Eunbi slammed her hands down, “Stop the complaining. We know in our drama, I’m the number one B-plot character. I am both a delight and beautiful.”

 

“That’s only like twenty five percent true.” Chaewon didn’t look up from her papers.

 

She wondered aloud, “But which part is true?”

 

“You too Sakura?” Eunbi cried. “And to think I’m your number one shipper.”

 

Shipper?

 

Yujin offered, “I’m more a poor girl meets rich girl shipper myself.”

 

“I think the unexpectedly charming girl with the quirky personality is always the best choice.” Yuri smiled.

 

Hmm….

 

Nako said honestly, “The classic cold rich girl is still my favorite.”

 

“You’re biased.” Yena waved her hand.

 

A flight attendant came by and looked at everyone wildly yelling.

 

“I’m sorry but could we all buckle in? Takeoff is happening soon.”

 

Eunbi said politely, “Of course ma’am. Buckle in kids.”

 

Everyone followed the command but the second the flight attendant walked away continued to yell at each other.

 

The flight to Japan might only be two hours but with her group of friends it certainly felt a lot longer.

 

But at least she had the one girl who always made everything better sleeping peacefully on her shoulder.

 

If Chaeyeon was with her she thinks she could probably deal with anything and it wouldn’t be too bad.

 

Minju

 

“I have chosen you all as a specific task squad for one thing and one thing only.” Yujin said seriously. “On this trip I’m going to ask Wonyoung to Winter Formal, win her heart, and finish our amazing B-plot character story.”

 

She her lollipop, “So why were we chosen?”

 

“To be honest, I couldn’t find anyone else.”

 

They were all currently at the Tokyo Skytree, the highest tower in the world. After landing in Tokyo they had dropped off all their luggage at the hotel before immediately setting off on their first tour spot. She and the other student council members had planned out the trip so there were some set events they had planned but there was also enough time for everyone to go off on their own and have fun.

 

The Tokyo Skytree was beautiful and had a 360 degree view of the city so high up that everything looked like a lego block city. She was so afraid of heights, however, that she stayed far from the windows.

 

After taking the huge elevators all the way up, everyone had splintered off.

 

Until Yujin had rounded up her, Nako, and Yena.

 

“I’m glad you’re finally admitting that you’re in love with Wonyoung, it was getting kind of sad at one point.” Nako said bluntly.

 

Yujin gasped, “You all knew?”

 

“I think everyone that sees the two of you together knows.” she shrugged.

 

Yujin had the classic kindergarten crush type of bothering the person you like just to get their attention.

 

Nako asked, “So what made you finally admit it to yourself?”

 

“Don’t worry about it, okay? Just know that we’re meant to be.” Yujin said. “Don’t know how to tell you guys but the Annyeongz couple is gonna be the hottest new couple of Seoul Academy.”

 

She said with a blank face, “You seriously already made a couple name for yourself?”

 

“Don’t sass me, you frog.”

 

She did not look like that cartoon frog!

 

Nako asked, “So you want ask her out on this trip?”

 

“Yeah.” Yujin nodded.

 

She suggested, “Don’t try to force it, do something that fits you and Wonyoung.”

 

“Or we come up with a crazy plan that’s also fun for us!” Yena grinned.

 

“Yeah froggert, Imma go with the one who actually has a girlfriend.”

 

Wow, okay. She might be single but she was pretty smart. On the happy meal she had gotten on the way over, she had found all the hidden animals and everything.

 

Yujin looked seriously at them, “Until I come up with a concrete plan all of you have to promise me not to say a word.”

 

“Promise!”

 

“Got it.”

 

“Sure.”

 

A new voice popped in.

 

“What are we talking about?”

 

They all screamed and fell at the sight of Chaeyeon standing calmly behind them.

 

“Team Yujin break!” the tall girl yelled.

 

Yena and Nako quickly ran off leaving her alone with Chaeyeon.

 

“Want to tell me what that was all about?” her crush asked.

 

She paused, “Umm, no.”

 

Ever since she had accidentally kissed Chaeyeon, she had a hard time not being flustered around the girl. She just couldn’t help remembering how close they were and how soft the girls lips were and she should really just focus.

 

“Okay, just promise me you won’t get into one of Yena and Yujin’s famous schemes.”

 

She laughed, “I’ll try but I always seem to get caught up in them.”

 

“That does sound like you.” Chaeyeon commented.

 

“Stupid?”

 

“No, just innocent enough to really trust people. I like that a lot about you.”

 

She was surprised when Chaeyeon looked at her affectionately. Maybe, she wasn’t an incredibly aware person but something felt different between them.

 

Chaeyeon continued, “Also, aren’t you afraid of heights?”

 

“What?”

 

She looked down at her feet and felt all the blood drain from her face.

 

While they had been talking to each other she had unintentionally stepped forward onto a clear glass floor that showed the huge drop from the top of the observation tower to the actual city.

 

“Kyahh!” she screamed.

 

To her surprise, Chaeyeon pulled her forward into a warm hug. The dancer gently pushed her face to her shoulder so her eyes were covered.

 

“Just keep your eyes shut and we’ll slowly walk off, okay?”

 

She nodded and hoped that Chaeyeon couldn’t hear her heart pounding like crazy at the close proximity.

 

Chaeyeon slowly led her backwards and ignoring how nervous she was, she let herself enjoy being so close to her crush.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter