Epilogue

The Warmth of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Epilogue

 

 

Chaeyeon

 

“It’s crazy that after years have passed but we can still meet up like this.” Eunbi said proudly. “I’m proud as your forever president that we’ve all finished up graduating college and moved on to great careers. Let’s have some fun. I love you guys so much.”

 

Sian looked embarrassed, “I’m so sorry girls, she pre-gamed so she’s a little drunk still.”

 

“Oh, we couldn’t tell.” Chaewon said sarcastically.

 

It had been years since high school and they had all managed to match their schedules enough to have an outing which was rare.

 

What wasn’t rare was Eunbi being the first one to get drunk.

 

“She’s lucky she married you or she would be more of a hot mess.” Nako said.

 

Four years ago, Eunbi had proposed to Sian and what had ensued was a crazy bachelorette party and an even crazier wedding. That had been fun.

 

She laughed, “C’mon, let’s be nice guys, we haven’t been together like this in a while.”

 

“Ugh fine, Chaeyeon has to be too nice like always.” Yujin complained.

 

Hyewon wrapped her arms around her and gave her a warm kiss on the cheek.

 

Her girlfriend whispered, “I like you this way.”

 

“Thanks, Hyewon-ah.”

 

And even after all this time had passed she was still completely in love with her girlfriend. Sure, they had rough patches here and there but they had managed to stay together for so long. It wasn’t easy for sure.

 

At times they had to take breaks away from each other but that had been before when they were younger. They were old enough now to realize what being in a relationship was. It was time and dedication and something that didn’t always come easily but was worth it.

 

Hitomi pouted, “Stop it, you two are reminding me of how single I am.”

 

“Join the club.” Minju joked.

 

Yuri asked, “What happened to that girl you were seeing?”

 

“Didn’t work out, I think I’m just meant to be single.”

 

“Don’t give up, I finally found someone right after I got sick of dating too.” Sakura commented.

 

Which was true. For a while now Sakura had been dating a really cool girl named Ara. They all loved the girl who unfortunately couldn’t make it.

 

“Whatever, stop talking about that, let’s all take another round of shots!” Eunbi yelled.

 

Wonyoung cheered, “Yay, let’s go!”

 

“Nope, that’s for me.” Yujin swooped in and stole her girlfriend’s shot.

 

The tall girl complained, “Yujin!”

 

Those two never changed.

 

The night got progressively crazier and they downed more drinks before moving to a karaoke place. Everyone was having fun singing and dancing along but Hyewon had drank a little bit too much and ended up falling asleep on her shoulder.

 

Some of the other girls were passed out too.

 

She smiled at the adorable sight of her girlfriend sleeping and gently brushed Hyewon’s hair out of her face.

 

“So when are you two going to get married?” Sakura asked.

 

She continued to stare at Hyewon, “Maybe sooner than you think.”

 

“I feel like I’ve never met two people so meant to be together.” Minju commented.

 

Wasn’t it strange that all those years ago she had been in this love square and now they were all so happy in their own ways?

 

Chaewon walked back in, “Whelp, I guess it’s time to send everyone home.”

 

“We’ll head out first then.” Sian smiled.

 

“Same.”

 

She watched with amusement as Sian carried Eunbi out and Yujin piggybacked Wonyoung. Yuri walked with a drunken Yena and the rest of the girls helped each other out.

 

“We have an early morning too.” she commented.

 

She gently carried Hyewon and flagged a taxi down.

 

After about half an hour they were able to make it back to their shared apartment.

 

“C’mon we’re almost there, Hyewon-ah.”

 

“Hmm.”

 

When she made it to there bedroom, she pulled the covers back before dropping Hyewon. When her girlfriend was securely inside the bed she pulled the blanket up so she was covered.

 

“I love you, Hyewon.”

 

“Me too.”

 

It was nice having a girlfriend like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter